Do you soak or wrap to remove?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wrap then put in heated mitts comes off quick and nicer

I do Bio Sculpture and as per my training, I also wrap nail and place hands into heated mitts, leave for 10 minutes and the gel comes off easily.

I wrap all as I prefer the method, I think it's looks more professional, less messy and quicker.

Been in the industry for 8 years and been using Shellac since the beginning, May 2010.

Karaxxx

I have always wrapped. Just soaked 1 hand of a client yesterday out of curiosity. Worked exactly the same as wrapping except it uses waaay more remover, and then I wasn't sure what to do with all the left over acetone. Seemed like a major waste. Going back to wrapping lol.
And thought I'd share the other methods I've had nails removed in the past, ready for horror stories? Had one tech use her e-file all the way. right through regular polish and acrylic. She had great controll with it, inspired me to use my e-file more lol. As she came close to the natural nail tiny bits of acrylic were flying off all over the place. I felt like we both should have been wearing eye protection. And had another tech use a tiny metal spatula shapped tool which I've recently learned is actually called an "artificial nail remover" lol. Terrifying right? You slide it under a spot thats lifting near the cuticle and slide forward in one smooth motion and the whole thing pops off in one piece.... She did it so quick I didn't have time to freak out. That was about 2 years ago, I still have nightmares. Been in the cosmetology industry 5 years, in the process of transitioning over to nails currently :)

Last edited:
I'm a wrapper and proud of it. I finally took my sonic soaking bowl home about six months ago. I rarely do L&P anymore, and would wrap those if need be.
I've been doing nails (and hair) since 1977. Man, what a dinosaur!

I wrap, have been in the industry 11 years. Was taught to soak off enhancements at college. I don't.

However, there is another way....the well respected salon down the road (no, Im not kidding) uses peeling as a removal method. :eek::eek:

I've not been able to sit and read the whole thread (school run time!) but I wrap. Been in the industry 10 years on and off. I've done Gelish for the last 2.

I've not had clients ask why I'm not soaking in a bowl but I have had them ask why I'm not filing the gelish off. :-O

x

I wrap, in industry since 96

For Acrylics and Gel nails I was taught to soak. With Shellac I wrap with tin foil and cotton wool.

I'm going to try some magis wraps in due course to compare.

Re-started doing nails a few weeks ago.

I wrap, have been in the industry 11 years. Was taught to soak off enhancements at college. I don't.

However, there is another way....the well respected salon down the road (no, Im not kidding) uses peeling as a removal method. :eek::eek:

Peeling? Like picking it off?

Latest posts

Back