Do you think my nails are good enough ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pink-princess

Reaction score
hiya

please can u take a peek of a couple of photos of nails i have done on my self and tell me if they are good enough to charge 27.50 for a full set and 18.50 for infills

I dont use white powder for the french white nor do i use white tips I paint the white on white nail varnish and this lasts on my self forever basically till i take it off

do you think this is ok ? i mean i am now advertising as mobile as i am more confident now i just want to see what the pro's think

thanks
mel

please click the link for the pics

Nails By Mel gallery
:)

hiya

please can u take a peek of a couple of photos of nails i have done on my self and tell me if they are good enough to charge 27.50 for a full set and 18.50 for infills

I dont use white powder for the french white nor do i use white tips I paint the white on white nail varnish and this lasts on my self forever basically till i take it off

do you think this is ok ? i mean i am now advertising as mobile as i am more confident now i just want to see what the pro's think

thanks
mel

please click the link for the pics

Nails By Mel gallery
:)
Hi, Mel. I like it a lot! Good job. Have you another pics?

Hi, Mel. I like it a lot! Good job. Have you another pics?

Hi

No I dont I just have ones of my nails, I have a niece and sister coming tomorrow going to do some enhancements on my sister and on the 12yr old niece a french manicure with nail art so hopefully those pics will be on tomorrow night

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment

Mel
x

Have you got any bigger pics as it's hard to see the nails properly from the pics on your site.

Thanks.

I'm due to start my training in March and can't wait! if mine are half as good as yours i would be very pleased with myself, i love the little flower on the main pic! well done!!

Have you got any bigger pics as it's hard to see the nails properly from the pics on your site.

Thanks.

Sorry may i ask you something?
What means 'X' at your comments and signature?

Thanks.

YEAH but the fromat is to big to upload on here any advice on how 2 do this ?

Thanx

YEAH but the fromat is to big to upload on here any advice on how 2 do this ?

Thanx

I dont know if theres any other way , but I used to have this prob, I was told to Google Picasa 3, its a free download , and you can resize your pics on there , Ive found it very usefull.HTH.

Nice nails...is the one in the main pic (mid screen) nail polish, that tip looks white.....

What top coat would you use over the polish to make it last?

Hey hun....

I am a qualified creative tech and have been doing nails 8 years and only charge £30 (bloody nightmare in my area trying to charge more) and £18 - £22 for rebalance. How long have you been working as a tech?

My advice, would be (if you are new to doing nails professionally) Charge a little less to begin with mabye (£23-25?) and practice using white acrylic for the smile. Your smiles are very crisp, and thats not easy with polish....so you have a good chance of being a natural at pink and whites!!!

If you do pink and white acrylic enhancements, the longevity will be SOOOO much better than polish. I guarantee!!! Then you can pop your prices up accordingly, when you have had more practice and are getting more confident?

Just a suggestion, and your nails are great btw....

Hope that helps?

Nice nails...is the one in the main pic (mid screen) nail polish, that tip looks white.....

What top coat would you use over the polish to make it last?

lol I know I personally like a very white tip but have different shades of white off offer a more natural look to

I just use airshield by nsi about 2-3 coats last and I do my nails every 2 weeks and it never chips I think the only way polish chips for enhancements is when it has been applied to thickly just my opinion

cheers
melissa

Hya - nails look ok from what I can see but picture is not close enough/big enough to be able to say for definite.

As regards using the polish to give a french look, just try and think of what the clients will expect. If you get clients coming to you that have had their nails done else where they will probably expect the white to be done with white L&P or gel, not polish so that may put some clients off when they have been done the normal way previously.

I know if I went to a tech for a french look enhancements I wouldnt want them white done with polish.

lol I know I personally like a very white tip but have different shades of white off offer a more natural look to

I just use airshield by nsi about 2-3 coats last and I do my nails every 2 weeks and it never chips I think the only way polish chips for enhancements is when it has been applied to thickly just my opinion

cheers
melissa

I don't know what level of work you do with your hands but what you do and what your clients do may be 2 quite different degrees of wear & tear.

Most French paint jobs will not last for 2 weeks on clients who are working, cooking, house cleaning etc, no matter how well the polish is applied.

You say in your profile that you are a fully qualified nail technician but really that isn't the case ... your nails look good in that photo on your nails, but if you can't do P&W French overlays then that means you can't do coloured powder tips or glitters or many other kinds of nails that clients want which means that you need to learn to be fully qualified .. sculpting too.

Take the talent you have and expand it so that you become the pro you want to be. It doesn't end here. :green:

yeah im with geeg there.. expand the talent you have.. it never stops. I also take on board what someone said about pricing.. Im in the same area, using top quality products (not saying you arent thou) and alot more experienced and varied and your prices arent much different from mine.. ( i get wrong off some of the folk who trained me for not charging enough)

its really difficult up here i know. and there is many a sunbed shop with girls charging a tenner for a set:irked: ( boils my ****) sorry. We are fortunate that 3 local NSS have been closed down by the council (YYYYYEEEEE HAAAAAA... but not for the folk who caught HEP B) so people are going back to salon and want good quality, lasting varied nails for their 25 quid.. So are your nails worth it you ask?? - do they last? is you book gettin fuller? could you do more training and expand your services? you decided that one.. XX

lol I know I personally like a very white tip but have different shades of white off offer a more natural look

You can get Powder in softer whites too. Or you could mix your own white??

I don't think you'd have a problem doing it - your pics look good from what I can see.

I'm near you(ish) and established salons are starting to offer CND and Young Nails full sets for £20.00 (ridiculously cheap IMO)
That's how much I charge as I still think of myself as a novice. (I use CND Gel (Brisa) and Calgel for coloured overlays xxx

Hya - nails look ok from what I can see but picture is not close enough/big enough to be able to say for definite.

As regards using the polish to give a french look, just try and think of what the clients will expect. If you get clients coming to you that have had their nails done else where they will probably expect the white to be done with white L&P or gel, not polish so that may put some clients off when they have been done the normal way previously.

I know if I went to a tech for a french look enhancements I wouldnt want them white done with polish.

No where I know of round here offer this so i wont have that problem everyone thinks they are fab who av done as they are used to going to hollywood nails which are crap use white tips and apply them practically as the cuticle lol

I personally think its better cause if ya get bored you can remove the polish and have natural enhancements so the best of both worlds some days i have french others natural (french when am going out )

xxxx

I don't know what level of work you do with your hands but what you do and what your clients do may be 2 quite different degrees of wear & tear.

Most French paint jobs will not last for 2 weeks on clients who are working, cooking, house cleaning etc, no matter how well the polish is applied.

You say in your profile that you are a fully qualified nail technician but really that isn't the case ... your nails look good in that photo on your nails, but if you can't do P&W French overlays then that means you can't do coloured powder tips or glitters or many other kinds of nails that clients want which means that you need to learn to be fully qualified .. sculpting too.

Take the talent you have and expand it so that you become the pro you want to be. It doesn't end here. :green:

I am a fully quallified nail tech and just because i dont do white with powder as a choice does not mean am inexperienced I can do whites but they are not as good as my polishes and i also prefer this way

With regards to how much battering my nails take

I am a mother of a 2 year old I do all the cooking cleaning and gardening my hands are in water all the time and i also hav another job so that must say my french polishs are pretty dam good then did not think of it like that but hey check me out lol lol :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back