Do you wear uniform or your own clothes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zwinabeauty

Reaction score
When you go to see clients do you have a uniform or do you wear your own clothes but look smart?

I'm in a salon but definately advise a uniform as it looks professional.

Jacqui xx

Oddly enough, we are required to wear black and white. I've never quite figured that out. LOL

I'm mobile and I wear a uniform as it looks more professional and also saves my own clothes should I spill some polish etc on myself. My clients always remark how profession I am and how it is nice that I make the same effort as a salon.

Also I know it might sound weird but for me, it feels like I'm going to work when I wear my uniform.

I'm mobile and I wear a uniform as it looks more professional and also saves my own clothes should I spill some polish etc on myself. My clients always remark how profession I am and how it is nice that I make the same effort as a salon.

Also I know it might sound weird but for me, it feels like I'm going to work when I wear my uniform.

me too!!completely agree I love putting my 'uniform' on im mobile and it puts me in the frame of mind to go to work!! Gives new clients confidence in you 1st impressions count!!

I have to be honest, I wear my own normal clothes.

Uniform - gets you into the mind set of work, looks professional... plus you don't have the dilemma in the morning "what do I wear?!" hehe :)

I wouldn;t wear my own casual cothes, like jeans and logo tee's. But I do sometimes wear leggings and a long black top, it's still casual and comfy, but smart enough for work. Normally I wear black work trousers, and either a black top or a salon tshirt.

On a side note, I read the thread title as "do you wear unicorn..." I had a little laugh to myself. :o

I wear my own stuff , but for messy jobs I wear my apron .

Guuuurl, there ain't nothing normal 'bout you. :wink2:

;)

My location is above a funky little salon in a converted 100 year old house. I am not a fancy person, and it takes everything for me to get to work for even 11 am. It's pouring and cold today, so I wore my yoga pants and a long sleeved argyle shirt. It's either casual or I wont even get out of bed ahahaha

Most of the summer I wore leggings and a long shirt. Winter will be jeans and a sweater. I can't force myself to dress fancy. The weather is too wild and I'm too lazy.

I work from home and I wear a uniform..
Its so much easier than having to think what to wear and I think it gives a professional image.
Jack

I don't wear the standard uniform..ie tunic....I have my own 'uniform'. 3/4 black pants and a black t-shirt.

I agree that it does get you in the right mind set for work.

that is a good point about feeling like your going to work!

Not wanting to invite the wrath of anybody BUT I don't wear uniform in my clinic or home visits!

I've ordered many in the past and they just don't look right!

I wear very trendy things which I feels fits more with both my business image and my clients.
Most of them are affluent, trendy and stylish women or gay men/women and it all seems to work fine.

The other reason is that altho my treatments are medical per se, I like to make clients feel as comfortable as possible to 'de-medicalise' the situation!

Hope people aren't horrified!!!

I did a little bit of research on this, as taggyboy said earlier. I do wear a tunic. I get botoxboys explanation though. I think that would probably help put me at ease possibly. Good point, never thought of that. When I hit the point of needing it I will be more tempted to go to you now. :D

I wear my own regular clothes.
Nothing 'fancy' as it's a messy job at times.

Although, been seriously considering (and price shopping) what it would cost to get some plain, black comfy pants/shorts, and some White Tees (long sleeve and short) with my logo/business name on them. Would save some of my clothes, I think. And white is kinder for the dust, and can always bleach the darn things.

I have a black T with my logo on it & plain black trousers. I also have a logo on my apron. I have tried and tried to find a comfortable tunic but I end up putting them on Fleabay! Just cant move & it makes me feel clostrophobic!

Even though we are relegated to black and white, we can wear whatever we want within that color scheme. So I make it fun and fashion forward.

Latest posts

Back