Do you wear uniform or your own clothes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White blouse, in a stretch fabric with 3/4 length sleeves, black trousers and in the summer, flip flops, in the winter sketchers.
I think it's smart/ casual and I can pick up 5 of each (tops and bottoms) for the price of one uniform.

I wear a tunic when I go to a new client and once I get to know them I wear just smart clothes...if that make sense :D. But the other day..well actually on two occasions I had my tunic on ,and I got one random person asking if I was a beauty therapist and someone else asking if I was a hairdresser ...when I replied I was a nail tech they both asked for a buisness card..so it just goes to show...it pays t wear yur tunic:D

Last edited:
Not wanting to invite the wrath of anybody BUT I don't wear uniform in my clinic or home visits!

I've ordered many in the past and they just don't look right!

I wear very trendy things which I feels fits more with both my business image and my clients.
Most of them are affluent, trendy and stylish women or gay men/women and it all seems to work fine.

The other reason is that altho my treatments are medical per se, I like to make clients feel as comfortable as possible to 'de-medicalise' the situation!

Hope people aren't horrified!!!

this doesnt horrify me! as long as your clothes are smart, clean and ironed!
cleanliness is important. have been to salons where therapists where tunics, but im sure they wear the same one for at least 2 days, i dont like that.

I thought I'd ask a clients point of view tonight! She preferred me in my own clothes as she felt it fitted in with the company style, the website etc (then she went on to praise my site which was really nice considering she runs a successful publishing business and moves in the celeb circles!)

However... Her husband (who chucked out of having his Botox done!) said he preferred people to wear a uniform as it looks more professional! It seems it's all very personal!

I wear black trousers with a jersey style long sleeve top with my Get Glam logo in crystals.

i do agree a uniform does look more professional. but smart and clean is what really counts?
but how many nurses get dressed in the mornings in their uniform, put their rubbish bags out on the way to their car, stroke their pets, have their school kids cough , sneeze, put grubby hands on them? then go to work in that same uniform? how many uniforms look grubby?
A lady doing our Dermologica training turned up to college in dirty white clogs, and a grubby uniform that resembled over washed old terry nappies (was once white with a pale green pinstripe) Even in uniform she looked unprofessional. Id have far rather seen her in her own clothes, that were clean and freshly pressed.
hygiene, cleanliness is often shown in the way somebody dresses? how we look does leave an impression?

Botox boy, you are young and good looking, im sure the ladies are just pleased to see you, and i understand how the hubbys would disagree through slowly greening eyes!

I actually am a big fan of my yoga pants. I have separate ones I actually do yoga in, but these babies cost $120 each and make my bum look amazing. They're very comfortable to sit in all day.

Uncomfortable Amanda = cranky.

I went to a new client last week and she was very pleased I wear my uniform. She said: her up the road doesnt wear a uniform, I don't like that! (she wasn't a snob haha but said I was very professional etc and she was pleased :D)

I actually am a big fan of my yoga pants. I have separate ones I actually do yoga in, but these babies cost $120 each and make my bum look amazing. They're very comfortable to sit in all day.

it would take more than a $120 pair of yoga paints to make my butt look amazing!

I wore a uniform when I did mobile. Totally different realm. They do not compare.

i do agree a uniform does look more professional. but smart and clean is what really counts?
but how many nurses get dressed in the mornings in their uniform, put their rubbish bags out on the way to their car, stroke their pets, have their school kids cough , sneeze, put grubby hands on them? then go to work in that same uniform? how many uniforms look grubby?
A lady doing our Dermologica training turned up to college in dirty white clogs, and a grubby uniform that resembled over washed old terry nappies (was once white with a pale green pinstripe) Even in uniform she looked unprofessional. Id have far rather seen her in her own clothes, that were clean and freshly pressed.
hygiene, cleanliness is often shown in the way somebody dresses? how we look does leave an impression?

Botox boy, you are young and good looking, im sure the ladies are just pleased to see you, and i understand how the hubbys would disagree through slowly greening eyes!

*blushes*

Hows that?

Because you already lack the professional atmosphere when you're in someones living room.

So I always made up for that by being professionally dressed in scrubs and such. But now, it's my business, and I wear what I damn well feel like :D When I'm happy, I do good work. Simple.

Evening geeks, I wear black trousers and my tunic with my logo embroidered on it and it's always clean and ironed lol I wear it for every client every time,

I personally just feel like i can't get my work head on when I'm not in my uniform :)

What exactly are yoga pants? They sound great! Btw this is a perfect example of the thread I just read and noticed you commented on about cultural differences and not understanding things lol!

These...

groove pant (regular) | women's pants | lululemon athletica

they're reversable so I wear the colour on the inside so they're totally black on the outside. best pants i've ever had in my entire life. the very first pair i purchase was in june of 2007, and they JUST got some whole between the legs, so i wore them while i painted my shop.

These...

groove pant (regular) | women's pants | lululemon athletica

they're reversable so I wear the colour on the inside so they're totally black on the outside. best pants i've ever had in my entire life. the very first pair i purchase was in june of 2007, and they JUST got some whole between the legs, so i wore them while i painted my shop.

They do look really comfy! Although I would call them "joggers" as in jogging trousers haha! Or another word used here would be "joggies" haha! That's quite a slang word tho.

And about the uniform thing. I always thought yes to uniforms but I am now liking the own clothes thing. Like t shirts with logos etc.

They look awesome! I love how there's a place to put your key haha :)

I'm in full uniform, or tunic & tailored trousers or tunic & black leggings depending on the colour tunic and length, if it's long then leggings to cover my butt!

Latest posts

Back