Does anyone add a pinch of bleach to blonde tint to lift??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hey every one ive heard of this done before, ive never tried it does anyone very do it and if so what colours would u add it to? How about a bit of bleach in a natural shade 10 to lift?xx Thanks guysxxxxx

i have done this yeah, with both high lift 12's and with 10's, but be careful not to put in too much, it really is just a tiny tiny sprinkle or else u will kill the tone of the tint u are using. . .x

yup. works a treat to push a high lift tint up a little higher. I use this trick with majiblonde. bit naughty (don't think l'oreal recommend it!)

funny u say that, wella advice against this too hahah x

Ive had a dabble to lol ,touch wood (touches head) its been fine but you only need a tiny bit to give it that little boost ,

How much bleach excatly u add?

Yeh how much exactly do u have to put in as in like literaly a tiny pinch-does this change the colour of the tint (pinkish???) xxx Thanks 4 the replys guys xx

aye seriously i put in a tiny tiny tiny pit, like a teensy sprinkle, roughly the size of a fingernail. . lol and it does change say a cream coloured tint to purple/pink/maroon, for a very short period of time but then it reverts back to the shade it was before. .

Hi, yes I put in a quarter of level teaspoon
to half a tube of high lift tint 1+2 mix of 9% or 12% ,
yes it can go pink for a little while , but as scottydolly says it goes back again,

its great if your doing highlights and there is some darker tint on the ends
that needs to be shifted
I tend to use it with high lift 12/0 natural blonde as they have no tone
I dont use it on the scalp though,

If I am doing an all over global blonde on the scalp I use special super high lifting gentle blue gel oil bleach
called blue frosting by proclere it has booster sachets, and it doesnt itch or burn at all ,

its so gentle with a superb high lift leaves the hair in fab condition and above all you get that really light baby blonde in half an hour , with no fuss,
plus they have proclere toners especially for afterwards , and they don't get any grab

I am sure everyone knows how much I love that stuff by now lol :lol: x
I know scottydolly knows ha ha :hug: x

Minky i think proclere should start paying you commission now :lol:

You must have at least doubled their sales! I know i had a look the other day at it purely because of you! :)

lol minky :hug:

HAHAHA yes i do indeed know. . . i was the same i swear i chuchled when i saw it in sallys hahaha x

funny u say that, wella advice against this too hahah x

Brilliant, as soon as I saw the title of this thread it made me chuckle picturing the faces on the technicians at wella when this was mentioned in front of them... thought one of them was gonna pass out in shock horror! Not used this technique since for fear they'll hunt me down but come to think of it it used to work a treat! Loved it!

oh hell yeah! we're all guilty, brilliant for boosting a hi-lift! only use a little though!:lick:

Hey every one ive heard of this done before, ive never tried it does anyone very do it and if so what colours would u add it to? How about a bit of bleach in a natural shade 10 to lift?xx Thanks guysxxxxx
I have used a pinch of bleach to put with highlife works a treat x

Latest posts

Back