Done my waxing course today

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10perfect10

Reaction score
Hey all just wanted to post this just to let everyone know i done my salon systems waxing course today and it was BRILLIANT. Poor Rachel (teacher) who is 30weeks pregnant :eek: worked her little butt of and explained everything so well and in a manner that everyone could understand!
Their Products at Sally's were really nice and when i had my eyebrows, legs, and underarm done i hardly felt a thing. :green:
I was so nervous but within 10 mins of being there i felt totally at ease.
I keep asking people now if they have any "growth" so i can get me mitts on them to practice....as i am fully aware practice will only make perfect.
Dont know if this is any use to the "pro's" on here but it is deffo a start for the beginners. Cant wait now to get some practice and maybe when i feel competent i will do the advanced waxing course....we will wait and see
Anyway ill shut up now ...im just excited...:lol:
Ruthy

Glad you enjoyed your courseand everything went well for you.
Happy waxing.

You sound to be so focussed on your new venture Ruthy... this is what I was like when I started out.. I got the training bug and enjoyed every minute of it.

I am so pleased you had an enjoyable day today.. I am sure you will find some willing victims.. err I mean models to practice on :)

Go Gurl!

Well done ruth, it is so exciting when you have learnt something new :hug:

Glad you enjoyed your course Ruthy. :hug:

Glad you enjoyed your course. When I first started out I found the thought of waxing a bit yukky, but I love it.

Good to hear you enjoyed your course Ruthy, there will be no stopping you now, lol! Waxing is a fab service and really satisfying too, you'll love it.

Andy x

Awww Thanks everyone you are such a good bunch of people. I fully understand that there are many beauty practitioners that have gone to college to do their NVQ which involves most of this....but i still want to do a NVQ on a part time basis...although i have paid for the training i still feel i would like the educational back up...the last thing i want to be is a cowboy waxer! But whooooooooo i enjoyed and got such a buzz! i really enjoyed...didnt feel like a chore at all. My model was this beautiful asian lady who was just great but boy did she have some stubborn hair and she wasnt going anywhere until i had wax/plucked them all. I looked like a monkey "prining" if thats how you call it.! Just wanted to make sure i did a thorough job.
Oh well i think i have caught the bug! I want to learn more!!! I love it. No doubt i will be posting a thread soon asking a thousand questions!
But hey thanks everyone! Your a bunch of diamonds!
Ruthy

Well done you Ruthy.
I am a late starter in the Nail/Beauty business and i started with NVQ 2 Nail Treatments and passed with flying colours. Went on to do LCN Gels, Fibreglass Enhancements, PhD Waxing, Facials & Make-up (studying at the mo for my International Beauty Certificate). I only chose to do it privately as my college did not do a part-time course in my area. I have spent a very large amount of money over the 18 months (and intend to spend more!) and boy, i am not going to throw all of the time and effort away by offering a rubbish/cowboy service. I have had a lot of treatments in certain salons that have been rubbish, so that was why i decided to go into the business. I have learn't so much and i enjoy every thing i learn, i have always got my face in a beauty/nail manual or my scratch or Guild News Beauty mag. I appreciate that some beauty therapists have done two or more years of studying but i am getting pretty naffed off when you get feed back from some of the therapists on this site that pull us therapists down for doing private courses. I also ring BABTAC if there is anything i am unsure of, so that i know that i am carrying out a treatment correctly if, i come across something i cannot find in my beauty manuals or private work manuals. I understand that there are many cowboy practices out there but please do not class us therapists that take our new chosen career very serious indeed and place us all in the same boat!!
Sorry to go on, but some of us are very passionate and proud of our work. My clients have also said they love coming to me for their treatments and love my understanding nature and the way i make them feel so at ease. For me that is all i need to know that i am looking after my clients and giving them 100% service and treatments.
I for one will definitely be doing more private training and offering my clients what they want and need.
I also have to say that i found waxing one of the best courses i have taken and love doing it.
That is my winge for today, so glad i got it off my chest!!!!
And i am not pulling anyone down for their opinions but sometimes the posts can be quite cutting. If you offer a fantastic service.........keep it up!!

Thanks Louise Jane,
I do quite agree with you, i for instance have a broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology and i personally feel that i am very careful, and if i am unsure about something i would seek advice. The reason i want to goto college is because although i have good A&P background not all of it relates to beauty.
I dont knock beauty courses at all but i see your point about SOME "therapists" claiming to be the bees knees after one day training.
I say good luck to those who are passionate about providing safe and effective treatments to their clients whether they have paid for their training or not.
Thanks chicky
Ruthy

Latest posts

Back