Dont you just love some clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marilyn

I had a new client today for a manicure, I had asked her when she phoned to make the appointment what her nails were like and she said they were ''pretty good actually''...yeah right!!!!

She arrived at 1.15pm and said she had to be at her daughter's special assembly by 2.30pm and that was to include her cycling back to the school which takes 15 minutes..... no problem I thought...wrong!!!

I looked at her nails and they were absolutely diabolical, stained and very dry skin around the nails, dirt underneath free edge (and that was AFTER I had sent her to wash them with a brush and carex), 3 nails badly broken, very dry nail bed, and I thought, omg I have an hour to create a miracle. She didnt want the longer nails shortened to the lenghth of the broken ones so I had to opt to put 3 tips on the broken ones so at least all her nails looked like they came from the same family and then put a UV gel gloss coat over those 3 then used CND air dry top coat on the rest so they matched (this air dry coating looks a bit like gel once dry) then I put Solar oil on them to try to rehydrate the dry skin, I didnt even have to rub it in, it just went in like her skin was a sponge. She thought the end result looked really good..... hhmmm I think with more time they could have looked a lot better. I just hope they last until at least tomorrow as she wanted them done for dinner dance.
Then she went into a panic as she thought she would be late for the assembly so I ended up having to put her bicycle in the back of my car and taking her to the school!!! She did ask for a price list and said she will now probably come on a regular basis but I wont hold my breath!!! :(

OMG

what a hectice client! well done you dude, sounds like that was beyond the call of duty with the car service inc!!

nice to know there are still charitable peeps around

:D
Marilyn said:
I had a new client today for a manicure, I had asked her when she phoned to make the appointment what her nails were like and she said they were ''pretty good actually''...yeah right!!!!

She arrived at 1.15pm and said she had to be at her daughter's special assembly by 2.30pm and that was to include her cycling back to the school which takes 15 minutes..... no problem I thought...wrong!!!

I looked at her nails and they were absolutely diabolical, stained and very dry skin around the nails, dirt underneath free edge (and that was AFTER I had sent her to wash them with a brush and carex), 3 nails badly broken, very dry nail bed, and I thought, omg I have an hour to create a miracle. She didnt want the longer nails shortened to the lenghth of the broken ones so I had to opt to put 3 tips on the broken ones so at least all her nails looked like they came from the same family and then put a UV gel gloss coat over those 3 then used CND air dry top coat on the rest so they matched (this air dry coating looks a bit like gel once dry) then I put Solar oil on them to try to rehydrate the dry skin, I didnt even have to rub it in, it just went in like her skin was a sponge. She thought the end result looked really good..... hhmmm I think with more time they could have looked a lot better. I just hope they last until at least tomorrow as she wanted them done for dinner dance.
Then she went into a panic as she thought she would be late for the assembly so I ended up having to put her bicycle in the back of my car and taking her to the school!!! She did ask for a price list and said she will now probably come on a regular basis but I wont hold my breath!!! :(

I bet she was overjoyed with the result though, she might put a good word in with others and get you more clients.I bet people who know her will think if you can do something with her nails you can work miracles!!!:D

well, i had a client come to me (she booked with a friend but they booked separate days) who had some long nails and some short. she wanted french look gel, but she didn't want enhancements and she didn't want me to shorten the long ones. i explained that her nails would look really unbalanced and stupid as the white would be longer on some than others and she said, that's fine, that's what i want.

Needless to say they did look stupid at the end, but she said she was happy and went away.

Then, surprise surprise, her friend's husband phoned up (obviously her mate did not have the balls) and cancelled her friends appt. how annoying. i will never do that for another client. the least she could do was tell her mate she insisted. next time i'm doing what i want!

Toni Talons said:
well, i had a client come to me (she booked with a friend but they booked separate days) who had some long nails and some short. she wanted french look gel, but she didn't want enhancements and she didn't want me to shorten the long ones. i explained that her nails would look really unbalanced and stupid as the white would be longer on some than others and she said, that's fine, that's what i want.

Needless to say they did look stupid at the end, but she said she was happy and went away.

Then, surprise surprise, her friend's husband phoned up (obviously her mate did not have the balls) and cancelled her friends appt. how annoying. i will never do that for another client. the least she could do was tell her mate she insisted. next time i'm doing what i want!

you have to get the right balance of telling the client what they need but also taking on board what they want!!

i guess that once the client trusts you they will let you get on with it, this is what most of my clients are like now!! :D

Katelisa said:
you have to get the right balance of telling the client what they need but also taking on board what they want!!

i guess that once the client trusts you they will let you get on with it, this is what most of my clients are like now!! :D

yea, i even said, it might be better if i just put a clear overlay on until all your nails are the same length, but she was like "no, i want the white, i don't care if they look unbalanced." i mean what are you supposed to do? i was kind of put on the spot and she was really insistant that i didn't shorten the long ones, but she didn't want sculpts or tips. next time i'm refusing because its bad for business. i was a bit less experienced then but now i know.

I bet she will come back, you sound like one top notch nail tech..driving her to the school!! What service!!

What a great big rush - she didnt even manage to enjoy the treatment! Hope she comes back to be a regular!

Latest posts

Back