Double/triple punctuation, is it necessary?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I see this is going to be 'one of those threads' ! Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You wrote exactly what was in my head after reading KayaPapaya's post.

I love salon geek but it feels like every time I come on her there's always a
Do not do this or do not do that thread.

Does it really matter?
😒

Besides....I thought the hair/beauty industry was meant to be creative and expressive?? What's wrong with glamming up our posts!? Xxx

By nice do you mean sticking superfluous flowers, love hearts and unecessary emoticons in every post?

Whilst we're at it, the use of an apostrophe wouldn't go amiss in certain sentences.

👍👍👍👍👍🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🐽🐽🐽😄😄😄😄😄💝

i didn't think this was an english lesson!!!!!!!!!
I thought it was a nice place for PROFESSIONALS to come and talk to each other and help, give advice, opinions!
Without people being unfriendly and judging people on there opinion,

Thats the type of stuff that does happen on a 13 year olds facebook!
So try not to contradict yourself
As your first message on here was nasty just because you don't agree with there opinion!

I respect the fact you don't like pretty things but no need to be nasty

I don't under stand I'm newish here
And cant believe the amount of judging that goes on!
🙀

I love salon geek but it feels like every time I come on her there's always a
Do not do this or do not do that thread.

Does it really matter?
😒

Couldn't agree more x 👍

!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is hilarious !!!!!!!!!!

:) Awesome.

Glad we agree on something👍

Wow, what happened there? Went off for a bit of Sunday lunch and returned to find this thread didn't take long stray at all! :eek:

Firstly, I am neither up myself, high on power or asking people to spell properly.

What I am though is a Moderator of this site, and that means that along with my fellow Moderators, we are here to make sure the site runs smoothly and efficiently.

At no time did I say that any of my suggestions had to be followed rigidly or else there would be repercussions did I? Neither for that matter, did I say that any of the above were rule breaking either.

A simple request which was posted in good spirit is all that was made, yet this thread has been taken out of all proportion, context and is rapidly straying off topic.

Everyone was i giving an opinion x
Which i did too x
I think people didn't like the first rude comment x
At the end of the day its just an opinion so i didn't understand why that person had to be nasty x

Wow, what happened there? Went off for a bit of Sunday lunch and returned to find this thread didn't take long stray at all! :eek:

Firstly, I am neither up myself, high on power or asking people to spell properly.

What I am though is a Moderator of this site, and that means that along with my fellow Moderators, we are here to make sure the site runs smoothly and efficiently.

At no time did I say that any of my suggestions had to be followed rigidly or else there would be repercussions did I? Neither for that matter, did I say that any of the above were rule breaking either.

A simple request which was posted in good spirit is all that was made, yet this thread has been taken out of all proportion, context and is rapidly straying off topic.

!!!'s & ???'s does not stop the site from being run smoothly or efficiently!

Oh dear I can't see this ending nicely. Ok I can see the mods point of view as she obviously has to trawl through loads of threads and all the improper grammar must be annoying. However, at the end of the day, a few extra question marks or what not isn't going to kill anyone and is not something to get so irked over that that in itself causes an argument.

I will however, definitely be more careful that my posts are grammatically correct now, as I don't intentionally want to annoy anyone.

!!!'s & ???'s does not stop the site from being run smoothly or efficiently!

No, it does not but it does lead back nicely to the very title of this thread!

If your suggestions don't need to be followed and there aren't any rules being broken then why start this topic? It is obviously your pet hate an everyone will still continue to not use capitals or will put up smiley faces/hearts or whatever whether you like it or not. Just another thread for arguing and moaning a guess!

Some geeks are saying that they think this is a petty thread and one post asked if the original poster had so little to complain about that they had nothing better to do except come on her to post petty thread.

The so called original petty poster is a moderater who has been on this site for a very long time and merely posted a polite request. Come on geeks. We are not the ones who have to trawl through post after post sorting out errors and the like. It has been mentioned at times before that posting in capital letters can be viewed as shouting and therefore offensive and actually, multiple exclamation or question marks can also be viewed the same way.

I am sure Noodle's post is just in an effort to keep the site tidy and to keep to the guidelines of a professional forum. Yes, of course we can all come on here and have fun and a bit of banter but it helps considerably if we all make an effort to check spelling, punctuation etc.... Whilst at the same time acknowledging that some people do genuinely struggle as in eg. being dyslexic or English is a second language.

The emoticons already available on here are fun and helpful but I think Noodle is referring to external ones being brought onto geek that do not already appear in the Salon Geek smilie section.

And me...

Edited <3 <3

How do we do internal emoticons?

When replying to posts, you should see a display of site smilies to the right of the screen. Just click on the one you want to insert into your reply, and it will appear in the post after you've submitted your reply.

When replying to posts, you should see a display of site smilies to the right of the screen. Just click on the one you want to insert into your reply, and it will appear in the post after you've submitted your reply.

I am probably being thick but I can't see it, I use the app on my phone

I guess I'm one of the fuddy duddies!
Bite me...

Lol, you and me both.

And me...

Edited <3 <3

How do we do internal emoticons?

The geek emoticons are the smilies in the box next to where you type your posts and replies. These are the official emoticons for Salon Geek. Now somebody may wish to correct me here, but I think the reason external emoticons should not be used is because certain ones were causing problems with the smooth running of the website. I am going back quite a few years now.

Also, it is difficult for the mods to vet external emoticons which could get out of hand and over used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back