Dr. called to tell me lady appointment time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this thread has made some naughty ladies putting it off pick up the phone & book an appointment. x

I have been having tests since I was 16 too, the actual fear of having them done is worse than the discomfort. I had a smear earlier this year, after having my baby in 2010 and it came back with a high number of abnormal cells, which I had to have removed at a Colposcopy clinic. The only reason I was advised to have a test was due to having abnormal bleeds on the contraception injection, otherwise my next appointment would have been in another 3-4 years. I would never put off an appointment which could effectively save your life & I now have to have smear tests every 6 months too. After having my little girl, so many people have seen my nether region, so whats a few more nurses :D

I'm in northern ireland and had it done at 20 x

You will still need a smear test after a hysterectomy, even when you've no cervix remaining - it's called a Vault Smear, and they take cells from the area where the cervix would have been if that makes sense!

Oh no! Thought I'd got away with it! Thanks for letting me know coz I binned the letter thinking it was unnecessary now xx

I'm 20 & had my letter this year!

It really doesn't bother me at all ,in Scotland thay only ask you to go every 3 year ,but I think it should be every 6 months ,not sure if you can choose to go early might find out ,also think everyone should be offered a mammogram not just the over 60s :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

What age do you have to start having them done in the UK? I had my first one at 16, that was nerve wracking.

Its 20 in scotland. I've had 2 and due third next year xx

Sent from my GT-I8150 using SalonGeek

Does it the chances of having a problem increase if youve had children?

Im 19 and had two babes so havent ever been told about smear tests.

Hey ladies! Thanks for the replys I havnt beem on for a few days. Xoxo
Well im going next month and they are gonna check to see if there is anything stopping me from getting pregnat as well. I know how important it is especially since ovarian tumors run on both sides of my family.

I was just being a big giant baby about it :(

Love you all! Xoxo

Hey ladies! Thanks for the replys I havnt beem on for a few days. Xoxo
Well im going next month and they are gonna check to see if there is anything stopping me from getting pregnat as well. I know how important it is especially since ovarian tumors run on both sides of my family.

I was just being a big giant baby about it :(

Love you all! Xoxo

Good luck hunni xx

AS some of the others have said, once you've had children, a smear is a walk in the park.
Can't remember how old I was for my 1st smear but I do remember a few years ago having it done THREE TIMES at the surgery before they said my bits were in an unusual position & they didn't have a speculum to do the job. Soooo, went to gyny at the hospital to have it done & that's where I go now, rather than the usual palaver at the surgery.

I've also had fertility treatment & other tests more recently in my nethers so yes it's embarrassing but hey, they're all used to seeing our bits & pieces and if a smear can save further problems then I'm all for dropping my knickers lol

Thanks again everyone! Im 22 and this will be my second pap. I got my first last year. I hope they dont find anything wrong with me. I want to have a baby soso bad and when I went off birth control I got really really sick. I have a feeling they will be doing tests. My doctor is super anal about that kinda stuff.

Everybody who is putting off your lady appointments go make a date! I'll be brave for all of us :)

Lots of love!

Latest posts

Back