Dr. called to tell me lady appointment time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
I ignored the call, im a bad girl I know. Its for my saftey at blah blah blah. Buutt :cry: I dont want to.... I know I should because im trying to have a baby, but I dont like being violated.

Raise hand if you hate lady appointments

I'm late for mine too

Think how much more violated you would feel if you developed a illness because you never had the checks and needed more extreme treatment - or your future children grew up without a mum - never miss or leave your checks till last minute - you could regret it.

By the way I hate it too but I would never miss having the checks done - I just do not think its worth it.

Get on that phone quick and ring your doctor back!

Sorry this made me chuckle. I will explain why. As soon as you've had kids you won't give a monkey's, you will just do it. All you modesty goes at childbirth. Its still not a nice thing to have done but its got to be done.

I had my first lady appt last year. When I got the letter I first thought oh god do I have to have it done but I then thought that for a few minutes of discomfort and embarrassment I could potentially be saving my own life if they did find something. That's what drove me to have it done as well as my kids. I would kick myself if I didnt have it done then a few years down the line found out I had a serious problem and it all could have been avoided if only I had that little test.

I had my test and all was fine. One of my friends came to me after I had mine saying she had her letter through the post, she wasn't keen but I told her she had to do it and she was very glad she did because they found abnormalities. All sorted now but if she had left it she could have been in big trouble at only 25 years of age.

I know a lot of people didn't like jade goody but her story and tragic death is what should drive us ladies to have the tests done especially when you think it could be saving your life.
xxx

Sorry this made me chuckle. I will explain why. As soon as you've had kids you won't give a monkey's, you will just do it. All you modesty goes at childbirth. Its still not a nice thing to have done but its got to be done.

I had my first lady appt last year. When I got the letter I first thought oh god do I have to have it done but I then thought that for a few minutes of discomfort and embarrassment I could potentially be saving my own life if they did find something. That's what drove me to have it done as well as my kids. I would kick myself if I didnt have it done then a few years down the line found out I had a serious problem and it all could have been avoided if only I had that little test.

I had my test and all was fine. One of my friends came to me after I had mine saying she had her letter through the post, she wasn't keen but I told her she had to do it and she was very glad she did because they found abnormalities. All sorted now but if she had left it she could have been in big trouble at only 25 years of age.

I know a lot of people didn't like jade goody but her story and tragic death is what should drive us ladies to have the tests done especially when you think it could be saving your life.
xxx

I have two children and still can't deal with smear tests, I find them worse than anything to do with having babies. I end up in tears for the rest of the day it's really odd. The only thing worse was when they couldn't get my coil out

I'm there every six months! Yeah, it's not what I'd choose to doon my day off, but it's necessary.

It may be slightly uncomfortable but I'm sure cancer is worse! I choose my smear every time. Next one is next month! X

My first was due when pregnant so told gp would be in touch after giving birth. Popped to see.them and they said 6 weeks after having baby, booked appointment, went, got myself mentally prepared, went in and was informed by nurse it was actually longer and should i have it my results would.be abnormal and require a further one anyway so got all ready for nothing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't have gone for mine. They found Cancerous cells, eroded cervix and a whole heap of other problems with mine which led to me having laser surgery which didn't work and to have a total hysterectomy at the age of 27.
I have to admit that the last 10 years has been bliss not having to have smears and being totally pain free, I would recomend everyone get one as it can save your life, I had put mine off, and off until I finally went and thats what happened, It could have all been caught earlier and I possibly wouldn't have had to have the total hysterectomy. But at least I didn't leave it too long. I haven't got children of my own (thankfully I have step children and my best friends kids who I got the pleasure of being involved with from day one so I haven't missed out totally) and if I had gone sooner who knows it could have been a different story.
So many women put it off and it becomes too late.
Go it could save your life, it becomes a whole lot more invasive and embarrassing if you put off a couple of minutes embarrasment and discomfort.
We are women, Strong We should be able to do anything!
Good luck

Jen xx

I wouldn't be here today if I hadn't have gone for mine. They found Cancerous cells, eroded cervix and a whole heap of other problems with mine which led to me having laser surgery which didn't work and to have a total hysterectomy at the age of 27.
I have to admit that the last 10 years has been bliss not having to have smears and being totally pain free, I would recomend everyone get one as it can save your life, I had put mine off, and off until I finally went and thats what happened, It could have all been caught earlier and I possibly wouldn't have had to have the total hysterectomy. But at least I didn't leave it too long. I haven't got children of my own (thankfully I have step children and my best friends kids who I got the pleasure of being involved with from day one so I haven't missed out totally) and if I had gone sooner who knows it could have been a different story.
Go it could save your life, it becomes a whole lot more invasive and embarrassing if you put off a couple of minutes embarrasment and discomfort.
Good luck

Jen xx

Omg Jen. You really have been through it but it just goes to show that you really do need to have the tests done.

You are extremely brave for sharing your experience.

xxx

Good luck

Jen xx

After reading that I ran the dr and booked mine

i will echo what others have said. it's so unbelievably important. my aunt had a routine check of her breasts and they found a lump. she had no symptoms, the lump was too deep to feel from the outside. after further scans and and tests, she was found to have lung cancer as well. again, zero symptoms of that either. this was when i shaved my head (see previous posts lol). after a year she is now cancer free, but if she hadn't gone for her routine check, they wouldn't have noticed anything until it was too late.

the screening tests are there to save lives. cervical cancer is easy to treat when it's found early. not so much when it's been there long enough to cause symptoms you'll notice

I should have had my first one a while ago but ive had sooo many doctors appointments, a surgery, ecg's and blood tests in the past 6 months i just feel so poked and prodded. I want to get all of that out of the way before i do it. But i know i need to just get on with it and do it lol. I think the bit im embarressed about the most is the dropping of knickers lol. Where to put them, and awkwardness. Stupid i know..

Now I'm only 22 but had a smear done a few years ago as my moms smears have showed abnormalities and she was treated and I was having unexplainable pains down there. I'm a right prude and the joke in my family is when im in labour I'll be telling the docs not to look down there aha! I was so nervous at my smear that I started laughing and shot the metal thingy across the bed! The nurse then proceeded to say ' ooh you've got good muscles' safe to say I nearly died of embarrassment!! Now that I've had one early I think I'll be alright for the regulars in a few years, just as long as I don't laugh again :/ xx

Now I'm only 22 but had a smear done a few years ago as my moms smears have showed abnormalities and she was treated and I was having unexplainable pains down there. I'm a right prude and the joke in my family is when im in labour I'll be telling the docs not to look down there aha! I was so nervous at my smear that I started laughing and shot the metal thingy across the bed! The nurse then proceeded to say ' ooh you've got good muscles' safe to say I nearly died of embarrassment!! Now that I've had one early I think I'll be alright for the regulars in a few years, just as long as I don't laugh again :/ xx
oh my god! that is hilarious, sorry!

I was petrified the first time I went for one, but now, although they're not my favourite way to spend a morning, they don't bother me so much anymore. Plus they are potentially life-saving, so it's worth 2 minutes of cringe time!

They used to be done from age 18 and a couple of friends even at that age had abnormalities I ahead put mine off too til I had kids now I think all pride had gone out the window. I don't like them but they really do take about 60 secs fit that could save your lifeboats worth it! I just lie back and think of anything but what's going on down at the other end.

I was so mortified first time, but since having several brazilians - I'm anybody's! :D

I'm just going through Ivf & have been having fertility treatment since 2008 so these kind of appointments are like a daily part of life for me lol

It'll be odd the first time I dont have to whip my trousers down for a dr pmsl.

I'm sat typing this on the train home from Leeds were I've just been for a what should of been a 5 minute pelvic scan but ended up turning into a 20 minute internal scan.

Would you rather something be detected early? think jade goody! (sorry sounds harsh) but you need to realise these tests are for a reason. Suck it up & make your appointment. x

Don't they do home testing kits now? Has anyone ever tried these? :)

After having 2 kids I'm still a wuss when it comes to all things down under :)

I turned 25 in feb so have had a few letters asking me to make an appointment to get it done. I will be ringing this week to book in. I always put it to the back of my mind but time to man up!! X

Latest posts

Back