Dripping wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wishes

Reaction score
:o:oI just did a wax on a lady but I dont think she will be back :( I think I was a bit nervous as I am still a bit out of practise. I managed to drip wax but not on her just the couch!! Also I made her bleed when I did bikini line she said that had never happened before :sad: I think its going to be hard to get my speed up not being in a salon waxing all day:sad: Any tips on not dripping wax would be good I had my trolley at the end of the couch maybe the wax was too warm but it felt the right temp and she said it was fine when i asked her. I need more confidence:sad:

Hey, thats no biggy!! I sometimes drip wax,, it can happen to the best....
I just get a piece of the waxing strip and place it over..or you can do the same with couch roll. Client never notices...don't fret so.
When you say bleed...did you rip skin off?

no I didnt rip skin off it was just a little bleed like you sometimes get but she said it had never happened before it only happened on one side:sad:

It does happen to everyone once in awhile, don't worry too much. Just try and think of what you may do differently next time even if its just to assure yourself of your own capability.
If you breathe a few deep breathes that you hold for three seconds each and then slowly release your heart beat will slow/adrenalin ect. Sometimes nerves make us a bit disorganized in our movements.
Too not every client loves everything we do for them. Most will be happy but you can't please everyone all the time.
Don't be too hard on yourself :)

If you had a little bleeder,,,,,,,,could be you got a nice fat bulb out!
Don't worry too much....breath and relaaaxxxx!
xxx

A little drip of wax, oh honey you've got nothing to worry about! I've thrown a spatula covered in wax across the room!!

A little blood spotting isn't anything to worry about ... comes with the territory and maybe you just got a really thick root out that everyone else didn't!

Mat

Thanks guys I am just nervous as I am trying to build up some sort of client base.I have not got anyone to re book with me yet:sad: and I doubt she will:sad: I guess I will have to keep going someone will re book eventually I hope.

The more you do the more confident you will get, perhaps clients are picking up on your nerves. Try and relax, you are trained, you know what you are doing so you will be fine. If the client can see you are confident they will be more likely to be confident in you too.
I find once I have cleaned the excess off one side of my spatula I then rotate the spatula until I apply the wax and mosty that stops it dripping I find.

Rome wasnt built in a day, your client list will grow, just not overnight.
Have some faith in yourself and you'll be fine!

Wishes......well done for asking for advice straight away as many go on to continue making the same mistakes for years.

Ok, let's go over what you've mentioned:-

Dripping wax:
My guess is that you just got yourself in a muddle because you were nervous. Dripping wax does happen to us all but it shouldn't happen on a regular basis. The way to stop this happening is to learn how to twist your spatula non stop. It's only when you stop turning your spatula that the wax drops right? Don't hold your spatula upwards or downwards when you're going from the pot to the body.......keep it straight and turn it nice and slow, only stopping once the spatula is on the skin. If you're right handed, you'll find it easier to turn the spatula towards you rather than away.

Client Bleeding:
This should not happen unless you're talking about blood spotting from the follicles which is normal for some clients. Make sure that you stretch the skin tight and rip the strip off quickly and flat to the body. Apply a little pre-wax oil on the skin first.

Timing:
Search on this site for timings and be strict with yourself. Get your timings down as you are running a business and the longer you take.....the longer your client is in pain. Be confident, methodical and have a system.

Keep your chin up because you will only get better and better but you must be strict with yourself if you want to be a real wax pro. You'll be fine!!! xxx

Thank you so much for your help.It helps alot, Kim I must come on one of your training days, when are you in Oxford?

Thank you so much for your help.It helps alot, Kim I must come on one of your training days, when are you in Oxford?

To be honest, everyone comes to me in Upminster these days and I run courses all the time. I just don't update the EVENTS calendar as I don't get round to it. They fly in a and drive/train it from all over the UK and beyond. I have had numerous people come from Oxford and it isn't that far really. It'll be worth the journey I promise you. xxx

I am still trying to work out a way of getting to Kim from up North here lol :hug:

Honestly dont worry i drip wax occasionally, usually when i stop twizzling the spat and as said before just place either couch roll or abit of strip over it. As for the bleeding in the bikini area the hairs are coarser and will have a blood supply to the follicle so you will get spotting. Your timings will get quicker over time beleive me i thought id never do it faster but with practise i got it down. You will do it. Dont be nervous!! xx

Latest posts

Back