Dry skin already - from weather getting cooler

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Just wondered if anyone else is suffering? I have noticed since the slightly cooler weather has come about, my skin around my nails and a little along my fingers is going really dry. I do seem to suffer in the cooler/colds months with dry skin, more so then in Spring and Summer...but already?

Im having to wear gloves ALL the time when performing treatments has getting ANY soluction/product on my skin dries me outeven more.

Iv increased my Solar Oil from twice a day, to whenever I think to apply it and everytime I wash my hands and the same with my CND Almond Hand Lotion.

Think I may get myself some cotton gloves and soak overnight!

I take it no one is suffering then, just little old me!

I usually suffer really dry hands in the winter. But a while ago I started using the bodyshop hemp hand cream. It's not expensive and I really can't recommend it enough. Couldn't lie without it now. Xx

I usually suffer really dry hands in the winter. But a while ago I started using the bodyshop hemp hand cream. It's not expensive and I really can't recommend it enough. Couldn't lie without it now. Xx
Funnily enough I used to use that too!

Everyone here is dry too, I've been doing hot paraffin hand wax dips a lot more this week, with very little coaxing! One of life's finer things, that's quite affordable!! :)

I'm the same, already noticing very dry cuticles and chapped hands! I always feel embarrassed doing clients when they're bad?!xx

Mine are hideous as well! I'm trying to remember to do things like apply moisturiser every time my hands have seen soap or water but I get the feeling it's going to be a long few winter months.

i also have the same problem, sometimes my skin has been so bad that i have had deep bleeding cuts to my hands. Thankfully not been this bad for the last couple of years.
I constantly use bodyshop hemp cream and palmers cocoa butter, both products are fantastic. I am just in the process of buying a paraffin wax heater so i can treat my hands in paraffin 2/3 times a week.

Me too! I try so many different creams but nothing seems to work, if anyone knows of a miracle cure let me know! X

Mine feel like Brillo pads! If I put my tights on Ill click them!
I use astrix hand cream which works wonders x

My hands are a right mess as well! I'm using 1% Hydrocortisone at night and Lush Ultrabalm in the day but I think I need to go back to Bodyshop Hemp......

I also tape my fingers with cohesive bandage to try and keep them free of dut and abrasions. Makes a difference....

My hands are usually fine but even I've been having to use hand cream, but my chips are soooo chapped already! :( winter is here again xxx

I've never had a problem with my hands before but this year they are sore! Dry & sore with dry cuticles! Will have to go get me some hand cream pretty soon! X

Another hemp devotee here, fantastic stuff.

Would anyone mind giving me a quick run down of process for paraffin wax? I could really do with it. It was briefly covered on my training but I haven't used it so far, I have a normal 500cc wax heater from Forest Floor if that helps.

Apologies for the thread derailment x

Everyone here is dry too, I've been doing hot paraffin hand wax dips a lot more this week, with very little coaxing! One of life's finer things, that's quite affordable!! :)

Can you still use Paraffin Wax with Gelish? :biggrin:

Mine feel like Brillo pads! x

This made me laugh as that is how mine feel. I get really bad dry skin in the winter. I swear I hear them sigh in relief when I put lotion on. :)

Yep mine are bad too, solar oil at the ready!! My mum swears by the body shop hemp hand cream too, maybe need to give it a go xx

Might have to invest in some of this hemp hand cream I think!xx

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream, SolarOil & cotton gloves on top overnight. Not very sexy but does the trick getting rid of my sandpaper hands!

Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream, SolarOil & cotton gloves on top overnight. Not very sexy but does the trick getting rid of my sandpaper hands!

I also used to use this and the Hemp cream, may have to convert back and buy some cotton gloves

Latest posts

Back