Ear candles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie111

Reaction score
Do any of you offer these?
I'm doing a course next week and would like to get some in ready to practise straight away but there are so many to choose from, I was wondering which were the most popular.

I did some research on these a while back and the most common ones I could see were the hopi ear candles. They're quite easily available too - Ellisons stock a range of them - but they're on loads of websites too if you google for them. I couldn't tell you if they're the best though because I haven't used them. Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Do any of you offer these?
I'm doing a course next week and would like to get some in ready to practise straight away but there are so many to choose from, I was wondering which were the most popular.

Let me know how you get on, I am booked in for this course april 3rd. The girl who works on a saturday does hopi and its very popular. Have it done yourself would be my advice so you know how it feels first. then you can describe it accurately to your vlients, and get an idea on which ones to get x

Im trained to do ear candles, its a very relaxing treatment.

I was going to do the hopi one but decided to go with otosan as they are coned shaped.

Click here for info Biosun Ear Candles and Otosan Ear Cones.

I do believe sally's are doing an offer on them at the moment, £4.95 for a pack of 2, bogof.

The difference between hopi & otosan is otosan are coned shaped where as hopi are not, i think the cone shaped ones are easier to use and you also get a protective disk and a patented flame breaking ring.

Thnks for the replies, I obviously worded it wrong, what I meant was in ellisons catalogue there are 10 different ones, Franckincense & Cedar, Lavender & Rosemary etc. etc. Are these just different oils used for their aroma or their therapuetic properties for the condition you are treating, e.g. migraines, sinusitis etc.

I offer Hopi Ear Candles.
It's a very relaxing treatment and one I have quite a few clients for.
Try www.somethingforthewickend they do great offers on Bio sun candles which are the ones I use. normally the greater amount you buy the cheaper they are.
I just use the original ones,personally I don't think the different fragrances have much impact on the treatment - although others may disagree. Also the fragrances tend to be more expensive. I would just get original ones to start with and then see how you feel.

I offer hopi ear candles and it does seem quite popular. I too get mine from somethingforthewickend, but I like to use the otosan ear cones instead.

Im not trained in ear candles but i use them on myself,family and friends .I only use the hopi ones as they have a filter in which prevents anything dripping down into the ear also they are approved.
I know there are doubters and thats fine but i find they really helped me i had 3 ear infections recently 3 lots of antibiotics and the infection still didnt go. I used ear candles 3 days apart 3 times and itching and pain gone. They are not to be used when there is infection present but i figure i can do what i like to myself.
I use them on my son because he gets very waxy ears and gets itchy and deaf and he will tell me every 3 months or so when he wants them done again.
I intend to do a course eventually as i do recommend them and dont knock them till you have tried them.
I also get mine from somethingforthewickend.

I have used bio sun candles to treatments on clients but I have also you otosan candles a couple of times and have got very good results. Here is the web site for you to look at Biosun Ear Candles and Otosan Ear Cones

HTH.

There are many types of ear candles.Hopi are standard approved and carry a ce mark they have a filter so wax cannot drip down and burn the eardrum and you don't push them right in the ear.They burn very slowly and gently.
As with anything there are always doubters and there is always evidence for potential harm.
My personal opinion based on my own use and use on others is that they do work and are a relaxing effective treatment and using hopi ones i have no fear that they can do any harm when used following the enclosed detailed instructions.

Latest posts

Back