Ear piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkbunny28

Reaction score
So I was looking at training courses and came across the Carlton Institute. Seems absolutely perfect until you get to the bit that says:

You will do a piercing on the day which will be to pierce a sponge.

What?! So you don't even get to pierce somone's ears? Does this worry anyone else or am I missing something?:eek: x

??? i know hairways do a course, you do practice on sponges/card, but they also state that you must take in a model to pierce too?

I frown upon piercing with guns in the salon.

i just had a peek and no cant see it either. maybe you should email them? state you would feel uncomfortable not doing it on a real ear and ask if they would mind if you could take in a model to pierce?

I frown upon piercing with guns in the salon.

Can I ask why? I thought it was ok for just lobes?

Yeah if I decide to go with them I'll ask but am going to check out places at Olympia first since I can't afford it yet anyway and have enough on my treatment list, just like doing new things! haha

It is impossible to sterilize a plastic piercing gun and very traumatic to the body to have dull studs forced through the lobes. Piercing, in my opinion, should be done by piercers and piercers ONLY. It's quickly becoming illegal here and I hope it spreads. I would never allow that in my salon and never will.

Ever ever ever ever.

Fair point. Something for me to consider then. Thank you

Good to thoroughly research everything prior to adding it to your service menu.

It is impossible to sterilize a plastic piercing gun and very traumatic to the body to have dull studs forced through the lobes. Piercing, in my opinion, should be done by piercers and piercers ONLY. It's quickly becoming illegal here and I hope it spreads. I would never allow that in my salon and never will.

Ever ever ever ever.

The parts of the gun that are in contact with the ear are the sterile and disposable plastic attachments for the stud and the butterfly.

But I accept that you will never ever ever ever ever allow it in your salon lol.

Jacqui xx

There are bodily fluids that spray backwards upon piercing and come into contact with the non-disposable parts.

And a wipe over or a dip in Mundo?

Jacqui xx

I trained with Caflon, cheap and on a live model. Great kit, gun has lifetime guarantee and all sterile. Studs are piercing studs so have sharp point. Really pleased with it. X

I trained with Caflon, cheap and on a live model. Great kit, gun has lifetime guarantee and all sterile. Studs are piercing studs so have sharp point. Really pleased with it. X
Me too and never had any problems .:)

if you have your ears pierced (lobes) anywhere in the UK you are most likely to have them pierced with a gun.

For piercing cartilege I always advise a piercer as they use a needle so much much less trauma and damage.

Jacqui xx

is the remainder of you gun plastic? You cant sterilize plastic.

As far as I'm aware you can. My dad has been working in sterile services for hospitals for as long as I know and he sterilises plastic things. Also, you sterilise cap thingies for electrolysis and they're plastic?

Saying that I think it may depend on the plastic and which method you use. Otherwise you will have some melted plastic blob :)

As far as I'm aware you can. My dad has been working in sterile services for hospitals for as long as I know and he sterilises plastic things. Also, you sterilise cap thingies for electrolysis and they're plastic?

Saying that I think it may depend on the plastic and which method you use. Otherwise you will have some melted plastic blob :)

i sterilize baby bottles hundreds of times a day. they are plastic. also piercing clamps are made of plastic sometimes and they are sterilized.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Sallys Salon Services - the wholesaler do Caflon Ear piercing training. Kit is great and training was thorough and you had to pierce a model. The studs are pointed

The training wasn't expensive. You can view their training prospectus on their website

X

i sterilize baby bottles hundreds of times a day. they are plastic. also piercing clamps are made of plastic sometimes and they are sterilized.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

You sterilize them in an autoclave?

I think we're getting our terms mixed up here. You CAN NOT sterilize plastic. It is a porous material and any attempt to do so would destroy the thing itself. You might disinfect it, but that isnt acceptable (according to our laws) for piercing.

I have had MANY things pierced ;) and never once has anyone used a plastic instrument. Everything is steel or disposable and they autoclave it infront of me. I'm totally 100% in the know on this girls - I lost count of my piercings and tattoos after 10.

Latest posts

Back