Earls Court, Excell or Olympia?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkshell_nails

Reaction score
After reading a recent thread, and the different shows that were mentioned, i'd like to find out which show all of you guys think is the best. I have been to Olympia and Excell, but never Earls Court. Does this mean i am goin to be disapointed by Earls Court? Will I still be able to purchase the stock I need? I need to stock up on lots of products, and have a day out :) , will I be wasting my time going to Earls Court, shall i wait till the next show in Feb?.....Any views much appreciated.

Michelle

I am just begining to embark on my training and will have done two days. Will I be able to go?

Sorry for bumping jumping in on your thread too!

Yes you can go, but you need to register online to receive your free tickets to the show. Just go to professional beauty, and follow the instructions. See you there!

Fab - thanks for that - I take it I will not be able to purchase anything tho'?

After reading a recent thread, and the different shows that were mentioned, i'd like to find out which show all of you guys think is the best. I have been to Olympia and Excell, but never Earls Court. Does this mean i am goin to be disapointed by Earls Court? Will I still be able to purchase the stock I need? I need to stock up on lots of products, and have a day out :) , will I be wasting my time going to Earls Court, shall i wait till the next show in Feb?.....Any views much appreciated.

Michelle
Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but you forgot GMEX in October :lol:
Gmex is my fave but Ill still be going to Earls Court.
I would imagine you'd be able to get the products youre looking for but, best to check with the companies whose products youre shopping for whether they will be exhibiting.

Well if Earls court is anything like olmpia or excell, then you will be able to purchase whatever you like. Take advantage of the show offers, and try out a few different companies products, to find what you like working with. hth. x

I would imagine you'd be able to get the products youre looking for but, best to check with the companies whose products youre shopping for whether they will be exhibiting.

Sorry, forgot that one! Thats coz its way too far away for me to ever go to!

There is a list of the exhibitors on professional beauty website

I noticed there are not many skincare companys, but lots of nails :green:

I always find Excel is the biggest and the best, but I love them all!

I Just didnt want to get there and be disapointed! Excell is usually mahoosive, so i dont want to walk into earls court, and think, "Oh, is this it!!??"....

Sorry to butt in on your thread but think this is a fairly related/relevant question -

Unfortunately I cant make Earls Court on 10th/11th Sept - is GMEX on the 15th/16th Oct as good or would i be better waiting for Excel in Feb?

i dont want to walk into earls court, and think, "Oh, is this it!!??"....

Sorry hun but you may just do that. I know last year it wasn't very big. Nothing can compare to Excel.....as you say that one is huge!!!!!

As already said check out the list of exhibitors and if the ones you want are there it should be fine. Plus there is more time to 'Geek Meet' at smaller shows!!!!!:lol:

Earls Court Is The Next One But I Dont Think I Will Be Able To Attend As I Was Going To Open My New Salon On The Saturday.

Gmex Is In Oct But I Am Away On Holiday.

Am I Right In Thinking That The Next One After That Is In Feb-excel?
Where Is That? Sorry I Abit Thick.

Excel is in Docklands in London. Earls Court is prob a quarter of the size, Excel is mega, in fact it's too big!

Anyone any comments on GMEX?

Excel is definitely my fave so far, very achey feet by the end of the day cos its so big! Wasn't that impressed with Olympia but prob cos nothing can compare to Excel, although it had its plusses, smaller crowds, easier to get to the stands, the VIP room!

Where would people place Earls Court on the list of show's. Better than Olympia but not as good as Excel???

hiya, i went to g-mex a couple of years ago with college and i enjoyed it. this year me and a friend went to excell docklands (stayed in london airport travel lodge night before) That was huge i really enjoyed that one. but it was tiring as there was lots and lots to look at. and boy you can spend some money! lol
In october i am going to go to G-mex again. I am waiting for tickets now as i registered a few weeks ago. As i am enrolling in a new course (waxing this time) on wednesday 23rd at my college. I am waiting to see if they are doing a coach there again to save travelling down in my car. If there not i will still go. see you there !!
love Trace x

I did Excel last year and really loved it - and did spent far too much!

I've registered for tickets, and have now found out have got family down so but have now got the opportunity to go to G-Mex, (I think hubby is planning to go to football!!!) so which one is best?

I actually really like Earls Court - more so than Excel, mainly because each time I've been, I've been able to make round everyone I want to see, and I fail miserably at Excel, because of the size and the crowds!

That said, my purse and credit cards seem to like them all.:)

I've been to Gmex for the past two years, its quite a big show. Make sure you register online for your free tickets or you'll be queuing for a while to get in and I think it costs £10. Parking can be a nuisence if you go in the afternoon, there is an NCP car park that links to the GMEX but that's usually full by 1pm, I found last year that if you have a mooch round the area there are several smaller car parks (mostly waste land with a ticket machine, but manned and secure) also if you're lucky you will catch someone on their way out with time left on their ticket and most people are willing to hand them over. I think the least amount of time you can buy is four hours and most people can get round GMEX in about two (if you're not going to the seminars or taking advantage of free demos)!

Beware of traffic in Manchester aswell, I was sat on the same road, in pretty much the same place for an hour, so this year i'm going earlier to avoid the crowds.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back