EARTHQUAKE & TSUNAMI HITS ASIA

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My head is spinning over this - 150,000 and counting - all those children without parents and parents without their children! The pictures of before and after are shattering. Every day I have wondered about Mui, she is so young and with a little baby... with all my heart I hope she is OK! Will they EVER get over this devastation? I can't imagine any of us will! :cry:

I have the news on almost round the clock, it's just so appauling. Mind you the victims are so resiliant. They are working their socks off to salvage whatever they can & have things up & running in the hope of again attracting the vast tourism market that they all know so well.

Money is the most obvious donation but it doesn't seem enough somehow. I have bags of clothes, child & adult that I am hoping to donate. My Mum goes to a quilting class & they have all been asked to make a quilt each to send over. This was on Tuesday & so far my Mum has made 6 & is still going strong.

They also need basic essentials like pots/pans, baby bottles, plastic plates/cups, cutlery, pegs/washing line, toiletries - toothbrushes, paste, sanitary towells, basic gardening tools.

Basically we should help in whatever way we can be it monetary or possesions.

princessmowgli said:
I have the news on almost round the clock, it's just so appauling. Mind you the victims are so resiliant. They are working their socks off to salvage whatever they can & have things up & running in the hope of again attracting the vast tourism market that they all know so well.

Money is the most obvious donation but it doesn't seem enough somehow. I have bags of clothes, child & adult that I am hoping to donate. My Mum goes to a quilting class & they have all been asked to make a quilt each to send over. This was on Tuesday & so far my Mum has made 6 & is still going strong.

They also need basic essentials like pots/pans, baby bottles, plastic plates/cups, cutlery, pegs/washing line, toiletries - toothbrushes, paste, sanitary towells, basic gardening tools.

Basically we should help in whatever way we can be it monetary or possesions.
You are absolutely right! This weekend along with Haydn and Dexter we are going to put tog ether masses of adult and kids clothes plus anything that will be useful and take it to our local point!! I have made Haydn take note - our kids need to know how very lucky they are!:o

Thats good news Samantha. Today Chloe, 7 & I obeyed the 3 minutes silence. Harvey, 2 did quite well ....... considering. Chloe understands the concept of what happened but describes it somewhat differently. In her words the earth shook & made a big wave come......... the age of innocence.

Don't know about the rest of you but we have a £1 shop in our town centre. They sell everything in the list I gave & more. I mean a frying pan for £1 might not be much cop for us but for those in need it's exactly that..NEEDED. I for one will be spending a fair few quid in there & sending it on.

Another thing is large shoes. They have lots of small european sizes but need shoes for BIG feet, even flip flops/slippers will do. Hands up who got a well meaning but totally unsuitable pair of socks, pjs etc for christmas. I have my hands & feet in the air at this time on behalf on myself & family members. Put them to good use & send them onto the needy PLEASE

I'm gutted as we all are that we have not heard anything in regards to Mui and her family, we all hope and pray that she is someonewhere safe and that she just cant contact anyone yet.

I took four black sacks of clothes and shoes down to oxfam including my big lads spare trainers (think he will be a bit surprised the naughty fairies nicked them), found all sorts of bits in the cupbaords so help it all helps

My thoughts and prayers are with them all

Any news on Mui and her family..?

I received an email from the poor guy I have pestered who has a friend in Patong. His friend over there, Sari, has been to Mui's salon which is still there, but closed, she got the impression it may have been closed for a while and not just because of the Tsunami. She mentioned no damage to the salon and has promised to go back shortly to start asking people questions about Mui to try to find out if indeed she had closed the salon earlier in the year and has just not told any of us - let's face it, she's a feisty little thing and I would imagine she wouldn't want to make it known publicly if her business had flopped!

So, whatever I hear next, either from Sari or from the registered letter I've sent to the salon, I'll let you know.

Jackie

Even if the salon did flop at least it is still there and Mui and spicy might be safe and well I am praying that this is the case. If it did fail it's a shame Mui felt she couldn't confide in us I suppose until we hear anymore there is no point in speculating, cheers Jackie for the update.

Claire x

My Uncles Family are trying still trying to find out what they can . They have said they will do the best they can but it won't be easy .....i will keep you psoted if they find out anything relevant

JackieMc said:
I received an email from the poor guy I have pestered who has a friend in Patong. His friend over there, Sari, has been to Mui's salon which is still there, but closed, she got the impression it may have been closed for a while and not just because of the Tsunami. She mentioned no damage to the salon and has promised to go back shortly to start asking people questions about Mui to try to find out if indeed she had closed the salon earlier in the year and has just not told any of us - let's face it, she's a feisty little thing and I would imagine she wouldn't want to make it known publicly if her business had flopped!

So, whatever I hear next, either from Sari or from the registered letter I've sent to the salon, I'll let you know.

Jackie
Thanks Jackie for the update!! Am feeling a little better but.... would like to properly know too!

Hello all The biggest earthquake in over 4 decades has hit Asia and MANY are dead more injured. We have fellow techs on this list who may have been severely hit (Mui comes to mind) by either the quake the tsunami or both.

Lets all pull together and keep these people in our thoughts and prayers (for those who pray)

Hi I was just wondering did Mui ever get in touch after the Tsunami ?
I do often think of her and her familly

Ruby

Hi I was just wondering did Mui ever get in touch after the Tsunami ?
I do often think of her and her familly

Ruby

yes but we don't see her on the site anymore... let's hope she is very busy!!

Latest posts

Back