Electricity bill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bagpuss

Sleepy Geek Zzzzzzzz
Reaction score
Hiya x

If you don't want to answer this i understand..just that i am sure my electricity bill is way too much....and if i new what others where paying it might just be right...dunno...but my bills just come for the quarter and its £184.74...3 bed semi..standard house...stanadrd everything....lol....what do you think...sound right or way to high...???...(i have rang them and they seem sure its right, but i ain't)

do you think the gel lamps use loads...?

thanks xx:)

The only thing i can say is there are only three of us and i pay £40.00 a month,i rang because i thought mine were too high,but they say they are not,if this is the case for five of you it sounds ok to me,hth a little x

That is roughy the same as I pay.

The one that annoys me though is the gas bill - I am currently paying £78 per month when they only gas we have is the central heating!

Mine is about £44 per month, which I thought was a lot so I have now started enonomising by making sure lights are turned off, modem off when not in use TV etc not left on standby all the time but switched off when not in use....don't know if it will make any difference though lol!

Hiya x

If you don't want to answer this i understand..just that i am sure my electricity bill is way too much....and if i new what others where paying it might just be right...dunno...but my bills just come for the quarter and its £184.74...3 bed semi..standard house...stanadrd everything....lol....what do you think...sound right or way to high...???...(i have rang them and they seem sure its right, but i ain't)

do you think the gel lamps use loads...?

thanks xx:)

Hi mate

I rang and asked the same question the other month !

I think across the board prices seem to have gone up.

Just try and be more aware of whats on and when and what uses loads like tumble driers /heaters etc eat up electric.

Was it a reading or estimated?

Pop the candles on of a night-time get Rob in that Romantic mood:green: :green: :green:

lmfao

my lekki is about £30 a month, i use a sunbed and always use my tumble (not the line) i cant see how a gel lamp could use more than that...... I also have to kids running two xbox,s , two computors all day and the whole street looks like blackpool towers..... try speaking to your lekki company and ask them to do a check on the meter and dont take no for an answer.. we had the same problem in our old house, they recond we use £60 a month and thats crap... oopppsss sorry for language..

my lekki is about £30 a month, i use a sunbed and always use my tumble (not the line) i cant see how a gel lamp could use more than that...... I also have to kids running two xbox,s , two computors all day and the whole street looks like blackpool towers..... try speaking to your lekki company and ask them to do a check on the meter and dont take no for an answer.. we had the same problem in our old house, they recond we use £60 a month and thats crap... oopppsss sorry for language..

what size house do you have Happy Hands - and who is your electric with?

Mine is N Power

That is roughy the same as I pay.

The one that annoys me though is the gas bill - I am currently paying £78 per month when they only gas we have is the central heating!
ouch, thats really high.... do you centreal heat the whole town!!!!!

I have a 3bed semi... with hugh concervatory on the back and thats got lekki underfloor heating... i lekki is with ACN atlantic

i think there is a website called uswitch.com or something like that you can go on and enter some details and it will tell u who is the cheapest supplier in your area.

amb x

Me thinks it is time for me to shop around again!

I do have a fairly large 4 bed detatched but i think they are taking the pee!

Have just gone on u-switch.com and they said i could save £364 per year by swapping!

However, I am not sure this is true because according to this web site my gas supplier in one of the cheapest available suppliers to it seams to me that something is not tallying up!

DID YOU FIND THE TEXT MASSIVE?

HOW DO YOU change it?

amb x

DID YOU FIND THE TEXT MASSIVE?

HOW DO YOU change it?

amb x

No - seamed Ok to me - are other web sites OK?

you may need to adjust settings in your control panel but I am no expert.

other sites are fine ! odd !

amb x

I have been paying £30.50 for the last twelve months and now British Gas (electric supplier) are saying I have been underpaying and I now need to pay £201 from this month as that is what they reckon I use.

I am in the process of looking at old leccy bills and then intend to ring them up and rant!!

I have been paying £30.50 for the last twelve months and now British Gas (electric supplier) are saying I have been underpaying and I now need to pay £201 from this month as that is what they reckon I use.

I am in the process of looking at old leccy bills and then intend to ring them up and rant!!

That's exactly what happened to us, they made it look really appealing by saying we'll only put you on £25 for gas and £25 for leccy a month. we thought that's good until they hit you at the end of the year/quarter saying you owe £280 as your direct bebits we're too low. our electric is now £30 a month and our gas is £50. i'd rather pay more a month than get hit with a big bill at the end. x

If your electricity meter is inside the house, and it flashes like mine, you can see it flashing faster when you have more appliances on - its scary to watch!
We have changed all our lights to the energy saving ones, always turn off lights when we are not in the room and things like that. It does save a lot of money!

thanks alot to everyone...looks like its about right then...cost of living eh !!!...lol x

Latest posts

Back