Electricity Bills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedgecl

Reaction score
Hi

Hoping that someone out there may be able to help me on this. I have recently opened a Hair and Beauty Salon that has been up and running for 4 months. I ended up contracting with Bizz Energy for the Electric, and it has be disasterous ever since. I started paying a monthly amount of around £30 per month (bargin), but have recently received a large bill of £250 and will be receiving again the same this month. As they say that they messed up the bill when they changed the meter. I take weekly meter readings now. I have asked what they think the bill will be on monthly bases when the issue is sorted out. They say about £135 p/m, is this roughly the right amount. I was wondered if anyone out there could tell me what they roughly pay a month in there shop. The salon is about 980 sq feet.

I have tried from day 1, to get out of this contract and they have happily informed me that I am stuck with them for the next 4 yrs as it is a 'verbal' Contract....... Can they really do this. There is much more to this lovely company, but will not bore you with all of that at this stage.

Sorry for going on, and hope that I haven't bored you all too much.

Really hope someone can help

Hmm, I'd be inclined to take this up with Trading Standards and Citizens Advice; a 4 year "verbal" contract for electricity sounds somewhat dubious to me, you may be able to challenge them under Unfair Terms & Conditions legislation.

How does the price per unit and standing charge compare with "mainstream" suppliers such as E-On, British Gas, et al?

The cost a day is 64.54 p/Day - 10.55p/kWh

The whole thing has been a nightmare from day 1. I verbally cancelled this contract with them. When they contacted me with regards to the account, they informed me the conversation never happened. This has happend a few times with them now. They really aren't a very good company and really wouldn't recommend anyone using them.

I have tried to change suppliers, but Bizzenergy wouldn't let me out of the contract. The whole thing has been an utter nightmare.....

By the way, thanks for the quick response.....

I had very similar problems with this company,
i threatened them with a solicitors letter and it was all sorted out there and then hth

Excellent! Good old solicitors letters :)

i too had problems with this company when i took over my salon 2 yrs ago, they tried to pin me with a 4 yr contract and when i wouldnt sign they started charging me stupid amounts for my leci until my new supplier could take over. i refused to pay and they had the cheek to send in a debt collecter for the money, didnt pay him either. sent them a cheque for an amount i deemd reasonable and i never hear from them again.

Thanks all for the info, pleased to hear that I am not the only person who has had problems with this company. I have tried the threatening solicitor letter and have have refused to pay, even spoken to some high and mighty person at Bizz energy, also tried to swap suppliers and Bizz refused to let me out. Really am very fed up with them, as if they cut my electric off, then i can't work.....

I have tried from day 1, to get out of this contract and they have happily informed me that I am stuck with them for the next 4 yrs as it is a 'verbal' Contract....... Can they really do this. There is much more to this lovely company, but will not bore you with all of that at this stage.

I know this is abit late but these so called top suppliers got me the same way what they say and what they record are totally different, but British Gas have now taken over this idiotic company cos they have gone into receivership :lol: therefore they will probably only have passed on a year contract so you can call britishgas and ask them how long it states your contract is for. However you must look into it as although the standing charges are high, the cost of electic is fixed and is going up all the time elsewhere so u mite want to look at yours and compare it with the deals elsewhere and think about the future. Just a thought but if you do decide to keep your contract you will need your documents origionally posted by bizz to prove you have a 4yr contract, otherwise hopefully you will get a better deal.
Hope this helps :smack:

Hi there,
I have a contract with British Gas for my electric.I am not sure offhand what the square footage of my salon is but I think it is around 800 sq feet.
I have no gas in the building so heating and everything is all electric.

I have just had the bill for the last quarter and it comes to around 210.00 inc VAT, so your bill sounds more than a tad steep to me.
The standing charge per day is 26.040p ,the day rate is 9.300p per kWH.The night rate is 5.590p per Kwh (we have a storage heater in one of the rooms).

Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back