Electricity on a meter ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perfectpamper

Reaction score
hi geeks , i have just signed onto a flat what has electricity that you par for on a meter so have this stick thingey to take to a postoffice to pay to fill,
can anyone help me with pricing ie , how long will £10 last me etc xx

hi geeks , i have just signed onto a flat what has electricity that you par for on a meter so have this stick thingey to take to a postoffice to pay to fill,

Hiya £10 pound lasts us bout 4 days what company is it with x

Hi. We have top up meter. Something the previous folk had put in.

We are a family of 5, so things get left on and washing machine on a lot etc etc.... £10 lasts us just under a week.

You can change supplier like you do if you aren't pre paid. You can top up any where you see a 'paypoint' sign, PO being one place. Easy system to use.

Try a search on line...

Hope this helps.

Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

thankyou guys ! im not sure which company it is yet as only looked at the flat today , but just wanted to check £20 wasnt like 5 hours or something awfull !

xx

im with eon and £10 last me about 1 week but i dont use that much really just the fridge and use the washing machine once a week and have an electric fire aswell

You can also probably change to bills as well if you preferred I did in my last council house they didn't mined.we do have two tellies on lights heating fridge computers kettles and ovan and washing machine on every day so that's prob why we use sooo much.if you get caught out one day and you haven't checked ur electric and it goes off you get an emergency £5 then you can go get some without everything going off.this has only happened to us when we went away and forgot to check elec and it was a life saver still had a cold fridge when got back lol x

Ours is horrendous. We have a two bed house and the previous owners had the meter put in.

We put £20 on the electric and the same on the gas and were using that in a week. We've also noticed higher charges being added for using the emergency credit.

We're looking to get the metre took out soon and go onto direct debit but there's a fee to come off the metres. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Ours is horrendous. We have a two bed house and the previous owners had the meter put in.

We put £20 on the electric and the same on the gas and were using that in a week. We've also noticed higher charges being added for using the emergency credit.

We're looking to get the metre took out soon and go onto direct debit but there's a fee to come off the metres. Xx

I do agree we sit there sometimes and it's beeeppppp beeeeppppp and we look at each other and say how the hell have we used all that lol xx

I do agree we sit there sometimes and it's beeeppppp beeeeppppp and we look at each other and say how the hell have we used all that lol xx

Haha, we do exactly the same. Xx

We cant have a meter fitted but i stead we're on payment cards. We're with eon and for a family of four with every one at home everyday we got told that £50 would cover our monthly bill. And if we go over that we just have to keep putting money onto the card that way we'll never run out of elecy

Haha, we do exactly the same. Xx

Lol then we huff and puff and hope to god we haven't already used the emergency only been caught out once for that lol xx

I would speak to the landlord about having it changed, they cost more than a normal one.

Our meters were rubbish as well electric wasn't too bad but gas :rolleyes: we put the heating on for a few hours one day and went to see how much was left it went for £10 down to £4!!!!

We were told that pre payment meters have higher tariffs than direct debit meters. So might be worth checking the tariff out with your electric/gas company.

We then spoke to the gas company and we got both meters changed to direct debit free of charge.

Our meters were rubbish as well electric wasn't too bad but gas :rolleyes: we put the heating on for a few hours one day and went to see how much was left it went for £10 down to £4!!!!

We were told that pre payment meters have higher tariffs than direct debit meters. So might be worth checking the tariff out with your electric/gas company.

We then spoke to the gas company and we got both meters changed to direct debit free of charge.

Who were you with?

We were told it's the same tariff and the bumf they sent us shows the price as being the same as direct debit but it's blatently not.

When we phoned up to enquire about changing to direct debit our provider told us there would be a charge.

If it's a rented flat the landlord might be a bit wary of having them taking out as it's peace of mind for him/her. If anyone does a runner from the flat there's no big bills left for him/her.

LOL we do this exact same thing too!! unreal isn't it?!

To original poster we use £15 per week on electric & £15 per week on the gas.. Costs us a flippin fortune & were only in a 2 bed flat (sob!)
We are with n-power x

I can't believe how much your electricity costs you. I'd be living in the cold and dark. I have solar hot water and my last electricity bill was $107 for 3 months. When I was living with 5 adults in the house without solar hot water, the bill was just over $500 for 3 months so $100 each. I'd cry if it cost more than that.

Blimey, We pay by direct debit and ours is £450 a month! We dont cane the heating either, and there is only two of us.
How do you make £10 of leccy last a week?

Blimey, We pay by direct debit and ours is £450 a month! We dont cane the heating either, and there is only two of us.
How do you make £10 of leccy last a week?

I'd seriously get that checked out you know. Have you given meter readings? I'll bet your owed a few quid.

My bill was estimated because I couldn't access my meters in the garage for ages.

My bills were stupidly high, as soon as I could access my meters again, I gave my readings. My gas dropped by £500 that quarter and my electric was free for that quarter as I had so much in credit!

With British Gas who are ridiculously dear anyway.

I get my boiler serviced annually and get my rads bled by boiler man.

Turned all my rads down from 6 to 3 and the house is always lovely and warm, not too hot.

Seriously, get it checked

H x

I agree, that can't be the right amount. Two of us in a large apartment with just electricity and no gas spend £40 a month. It's been the the same everywhere I've lived.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

We had a new boiler installer about 18 months ago to try and reduce bills. We are double glazed too.
Electric wise, we run the washing machine and tumble about 2 or 3 times a week, normal telly, big ish fridge freezer (about 7 years old), and puters on about 5 hours a day.
Our leccy alone is 220 a month by D/D

Latest posts

Back