Emergency trip to vets this morning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pennijar

Reaction score
Got up this morning and we think our little Meggie the 6 year old Lancashire Heeler has lost the sight in one eye, it is a common problem in the breed, but we hoped it would never happen to one of ours, especially Meggie as she is the brain damaged one, we have to have her at the vets for 10am. As you can imagine I am very very worried about her and I just wanted to tell you what has happened, hopefully it will be something and nothing, but I am not hopeful at this time. I just had to tell someone what has happened.

I will let you know what has happened when I get back later.

Joan

Good luck this morning Joan, our pets are not just pets to us they are part of the family and I hope Meg is ok.

Hope you went on OK Joan - I am sure whatever happened she will cope just fine.

Let us know. :hug:

Fingers crossed Joan :hug::hug:

We have just got back, Meggie was a really good girl, her lens has luxated and she is blind in her left eye. The vet has put her on medication which will hopefully keep the condition stable, but it is touch and go for the next few weeks as to wether she will have to have her lens/eye removed. Obviously because she is brain damaged they don't want to do this unless absolutely necessary for pain management as they are not sure her heart would stand the anesthetic.

Thankfully she is back home with us on tablets 3 times a day and she goes back to see the vet a week on monday unless things detteriorate before then.

Joan

It's just awful when a family pet gets ill ... I know the feeling all to well.

Lots of :hug: :hug: 's for you and Meggie.

Pets are better than some family members I know. They just love you for who you are no matter what. I hope your Meggie is going to be alright.
Big hugs to you:hug: :hug:

Joan I am so sad to read the news about Meg I hope that it doesn't come to surgery :hug: hugs to you and meg :hug:

Hi Joan. Just to send a :hug: for Meggie and :hug: one for you too, hope she doesn't need to have surgery. Do keep us posted. xx

Hi Joan

Sorry to hear about Meg's problems. Hopefully she won't be needing surgery.

Sending you both a :hug: x

Hun, I'm sooooo sorry for you and Meggie.
After suffering a recent scare with my own George, I can well imagine how you're feeling.
I do hope that everything works out and that Meggie feels better soon.

Lighting a candle for ya
:hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: s for meg and :hug: :hug: s for you too, hope it all goes good for you both hun

I am so proud to have so many friends that I can turn to, you are all STARS.

Meggie was really down last night, she kept being sick, but I think that was just a reaction to everything that had happened to her. She seems a little brighter today and I am just about managing to get those horrid yuckie tablets into her 3 times a day (well that is Megs opinion anyway, 6 years old and this is the first time she has ever had to have regular medication for anything other than worms and things). They do seem to be working though her eye is open today and it is not running very much. She is still not herself though you wouldn't be I suppose if you had lost the sight in one eye, her Grannie Dot, Daddy Mr Bean and Auntie Emma (the other Heelers) are all being extra loving and attentive towards her, they really know that all is not well with their little Meg.

Mark managed to get an emergency holiday today from work, and I have managed to re-schedule my clients for the next 3 days so boss has let me have 3 days of the holidays I have left ,so Meg will be in for some extra loves and cuddles for the rest of the week, Mark doesn't work fridays and we are both off at the weekend, so hopefully we should have a clearer picture of what is happening by the time we return to the vets Monday evening.

Thanks once again for being there for us all and I am sure all your kind thoughts and good wishes are really helping to cheer Meg up (as well as me)

Joan

Poor little Meg, I do hope she's better soon.

:hug: to you and Megs, animals are worse than kids, we just love them so much xxxxx

Sorry guys, I thought I had updated you all on the Meggie saga, but I realize now that I haven't.

Things didn't turn out as we planned,in fact things took a turn for the worse quite quickly after her first operation and it ended up on the 10th of July 2007 Meggie had to have both her eyes removed, due to all the pressure on both of them caused by Lens Luxation and Glaucoma, obviously she is now totally blind, but two months down the line we have got into a good routine. Meggie is finding her way around the house quite easily now, and she is walking well on her lead.

This is one of the main reasons I havent' been posting much over the last month or two. But things are getting back to some kind of normality now, I have gone back to college finally and I am back at work, so dare I say things are looking up again (maybe best not to as you know what happens whenever I say they are).

If you would like to you can see Meggies full story and piccies both before and after the op using this link Dog profile for Meg, a female Lancashire Heeler

Love

Joan

Aww Joan ... bigs hugs for you and Meggie :hug::hug:

Joan thanks for the update and so glad that Meg is coping so well I read the above link and it sounds so sad xxxxxxxx Hugs to you all

I too am glad that Meg is coping well!
Hugs and kisses to her xxxx:hug:

Ah that is so sad, the pics nearly made me cry lord only knows how you must be feeling.

Good to hear she's coping though lots of treats and :hug:

xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back