Enrolled at College!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkitty7

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

As the thread says, I have enrolled at college to study NVQ2 Beauty Therapy!!

I'm sooooo excited!!! I start in 3 weeks!!

Met a fellow geek (Gemsie1983) who kindly saved me a spot, had a nice chat etc. Thanks Gemma!!

Just gotta get my kits and uniform organised etc!!

You'll love level 2 beauty!
Hope it all goes well
xx

You will really enjoy it as this gives you the basics...its slightly different up here in Scotland..where I did the equivalent (NQ) and then HNC and now am on the last gasp with HND not sure what the English equivalent is...but good luck...and dont get behind with your homework lol

LindaC

I start my NVQ2 Beauty course on the 8th of Sept. Ive got my kit and my uniform ready so now Im just counting down to my starting date.
Im sooooo nervous:eek:

I keep giggling to myself thinking about my poor clients cos I have no experience in the beauty field and am used to working with horses rather than delicate clients :lol: lol you've been framed will wanna set up shop in our college:lol:

Hi Geeks,

As the thread says, I have enrolled at college to study NVQ2 Beauty Therapy!!

I'm sooooo excited!!! I start in 3 weeks!!

Met a fellow geek (Gemsie1983) who kindly saved me a spot, had a nice chat etc. Thanks Gemma!!

Just gotta get my kits and uniform organised etc!!
Hey, what College? I am starting on Level 2 NVQ too. I am really looking forward to it even although I'll find it hard trying to blend in with all the teeny boppers lol!

Going to Worcester college!

Ordered kit, uniform and book yesterday so hopefully I will get those soon I can have a nosy at them!!

I have just enrolled on Level 2 Health and Beauty here in Belfast, and start tomorrow night! Apparently this is just the induction where I assume I will be told what I need to buy as the college didn't tell me anything when I enrolled.

I am really excited but I teeny bit scared. I am 28 and wonder if I am too old, or am I just being paranoid.

Kirsty

hi i start my nvq level 1 tomorrow and im nervous last time i was there i was learning acrylics nails in 2002, ive got my kit but my uniform dosent arrive until this week sometime...and Kirsty ur never to old so i keep getting told by different people, im 37 so im must be a granny if u feel old at 28 lol anyway good luck to you with your beauty course

and am 45...and a Granny...Your never too old

Im starting my nvq3 nail services on the 10th sept . I really cant wait . After doing a beauty therapy nvq2 I just got really interested in nails . I dont think I will ever stop taking courses now I love learning .

i was 35 when i started college last september.........and i love it cant wait to get back tomorrow

Don't feel so bad now. Still very nervous about tonight.

Where have people being being their kits from as I have no idea where to go. Did you have to source it all yourselves or did your college do you a deal?

I know I sound totally clueless, sorry

K

Hi again k the college should give you a form when you go to enroll etc and they explain about the form that you have to fill it in and send off for the uniform /kit etc, ive got my kit already my uniform hasnt arrived as yet, so im allowed to turn up in black pants and black top and flat black shoes, they can provide shoes for you as they had some their at my college i went to but your not obliged to buy them i bought my own as theyre sizes dont fit me good luck anyway im doing 1.30 till 5 today so if u start later good luck with it tonight hun xx mel

hey - i too am starting my NVQ 2 in beauty at Gloucestershire college in Chelt and can't wait. Got the induction/enrolment tonight so am very excited about that xxx

Good luck hun I start a NVQ Maintain and Improve Facial Skin Condition tomorrow night and I am scared stiff:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I am scared stiff but really excited at the same time!

Trying to find some dolly shoes now, found a lovely pair but they have a leather flower thing on them and I think they have to be plain.

Can anyone recommend a nice black leather pair of flat dolly shoes???

Aaarrgggh so much to do any only 2 and a half weeks to go!!

Best of luck to you all that are starting new courses!

I have just received the ones I had to order for my course and they are really comfy and good value:

La Beeby UK, Beauty Therapist Uniforms, Tunics and Salon Wear Click "Beautiful Lady" option and then click "francesXXX shoes" at the right hand pic.

I am usually a size 5.5 but the size 6 fitted me better.

Hey!

I am enrolling tomorrow for my NVQ Level 2 and will also be doing Fashion and Photographic Make up AND still going to be working full time.

Im 26 tomorrow and dont feel too old to be doing this! Im soooo excited and proud of myself!!

x

Well I had my induction this evening and it was good. A little unorganised, as the tutor I will have doesn't start at the college until tomorrow, but got all the information I need.

I have ordered my uniform which is a red tunic and will get that when I go to college next week.

I am going to Sallys on Wednesday to get my kit as the college has done a deal with them and it works out way cheaper to get it from them than buying all the components online.

I wasn't the oldest one there which did make me feel a whole lot better. The training rooms look really good and organised.

Latest posts

Back