Enticing back old customers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jes

Reaction score
Hi,

I often think about sending letters with a voucher etc to some of the customers who haven't visited me for a while and see if I can tempt them back.

Trouble is that I can't think of what to write in the letter. Whatever I try seems to waffle on too long or just sounds too official... Our records show that you haven't visited for a while...etc :irked:.

I'd like to send a short and friendly note that'll hopefully entice some of my lost customers back. Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Jes

when i do this i just send a discount voucher through the post with my price list and put a valid date on the voucher!
hope this helps x

when i do this i just send a discount voucher through the post with my price list and put a valid date on the voucher!
hope this helps x

Thats exactly what i did at christmas with a few old clients.

That's a great idea. I'd keep it short and sweet... I know if that came through my door, I would hot foot it down to your salon:hug:

I do also think keeping it short and sweet, where as writing a letter could come across a bit of begging for custom. Send off your price list with the little voucher and perhaps a little note saying... heres something on us!

Wil be a nice little suprise for them.xx

once your customer have come back to you, you may want to think about how to stop them straying again, i offer loyalty cards, i do 5 treatments and get the 6th treatment free! i do state it has to be the same 5 treatments tho!
i got loyalty cards printed at vistaprint, if u choose a business card when u do the back side you can choose a loyalty card on the back!

if u dont want to offer a free treatment you could do half price treatment or a free product? x

I do also think keeping it short and sweet, where as writing a letter could come across a bit of begging for custom. Send off your price list with the little voucher and perhaps a little note saying... heres something on us!

OK, What about if I send a slightly more personal note, but still short and sweet, something like...

Hi *Name*,

Haven't seen you for a while so I thought I'd send you a little gift.

Do you think this will be enough without, as you say, begging?

Thanks
Jes

hope this helps x

I also did this at the start of January and although I didn't get a massive response rate from it I did get one client back that has pretty much been coming every week since !!

I didn't bother with a letter just included my updated treatment list and a 25% discount voucher.

OK, What about if I send a slightly more personal note, but still short and sweet, something like...

Hi *Name*,

Haven't seen you for a while so I thought I'd send you a little gift.

Do you think this will be enough without, as you say, begging?

Thanks
Jes

Yeah that sounds great!As it makes it feel personally to them and your client will feel special.
xx

I send a discount voucher to my clients on their birthdays, that way it's personal, it means I contact every client at least once a year to remind them about me & it also spreads the vouchers through the year so the discounts don't all come at once.

I use little personalised cards from Moonpig which say

'when will I see you again.....' (as in the song) with a little voucher inside and a message saying 'we've missed you'.

Sounds really needy when I write it down but my clients know me and know that it's meant as a giggle and I've had a good response. If I haven't seen them in a while anyway I always say to them 'where've you been!?' the next time they come in. It's usually work or family drama's but they seem to like the fact that they are cherished.

I think this is a great idea. People that have been to you before and offering then a discount, in some way, shape or form. Can't loose really, if they don't book in. You've tried and move onto the next client.

I am going to do this and I think, maybe.... Some people are stretching their treatments out.... i.e. If they only have treatments in the summer before they go away, the discount might make them book in sooner, even if it is only for a little treat.

Any other ideas on how to get them back, tried & tested?

Carly x

I use little personalised cards from Moonpig which say

'when will I see you again.....' (as in the song) with a little voucher inside and a message saying 'we've missed you'.

Sounds really needy when I write it down but my clients know me and know that it's meant as a giggle and I've had a good response. If I haven't seen them in a while anyway I always say to them 'where've you been!?' the next time they come in. It's usually work or family drama's but they seem to like the fact that they are cherished.

I like this, its tongue in cheek and usually it is a time issue or family thing. I sent out newsletters but wanted to do something different this time so like the card idea as the newsletter is generic.

Latest posts

Back