Equipment for Mobile Eyelashes...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahtottie

Reaction score
I'm about to go on a semi-permanent eyelash course with a view to providing a mobile service. What on earth do clients lie on to have it done?! Don't laugh, I'm new to this!! x

I use a lightweight beauty couch hun x

Thanks for that. But is it also possible to have clients lying on their bed or is that a complete no-no?

Thanks for that. But is it also possible to have clients lying on their bed or is that a complete no-no?

I think you would find it very difficult to work like that and neither does it look professional at all.

You need good light, the right height, to be able to sit comfortably while working etc. It takes a fair amount of time to complete the service and sitting at the wrong height and angle along with not being balanced will crease you up in my very humble opinion.

Last edited:
Like crysalwags said it's better and easier to use a lightweight couch. I sometime do eyebrow wax with the client on the settee it really isn't practical, you end up bending over. I really wouldn't use the clients bed.A portable couch is really the best.

Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback :)

I take my couch, stool, folding table to work from, blankets and pillow and a small case with for products.
Posted via Mobile Device

You want to make sure that your client is comfortable but also that you dont hurt your back because if you are doing the treatment in an awkward position you are going to feel the effects afterwards and the couch is the best possible way.
Some even find a special light essential like a mag light so that you can see what you are doing but that is personal preference. Also if you are mobile you want to make sure you dont have to drag too much around with you.

Def the couch!!!

I had a set of lashes last week on the 10th floor of an apartment block but the lift was broke!!! I could not carry my couch up all those stairs so had to do the treatment on someones bed, Im not happy about it one bit and very nearly cancelled the appointment but need the money coming up to xnas, although they could have informed me prior to treatment we could have rescheduled. My back was aching and still isnt great!

Note to self- be less of a walkover with clients. no more walking up 10 flights of stairs for me!

I have a portable massage table that I use, but some of my clients have very comfortable sofas and it has worked out fine for me, and I love not having to drag the thing in. I just have them come back a bit so their head is slightly tilted back so I can see the lash line.
I use this light from Verilux-
Verilux Easy Flex Full Spectrum Floor and Magnifier
The tray is perfect for my lashes etc., and it's adjustable.
I store my lashes in these trays--
24 in 1 Plastic Storage Containers, Screw Top Lids: Widget Supply
I have two, one for my b's and one for my c's.
I use a cart similar to this--
Amazon.com: Rolling Organizer and Saddle Bag: Office Products

Works for me! :)
Jil

Jil, that's really helpful, thank you so much :)

Hi
Agree with what all the geeks have said on this one, because this can be such a lengthy treatment if you are not sitting right it can kill your back by the end of the treatment!!!!! (Trust me have done favors for friends who laid on beds etc . . . and my back was till sore days later!) Best to get a lightweight couch, comfy for you and your client and looks much more professional.
:green::green::green:

Latest posts

Back