Essential Nails Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcat

Reaction score
Hi
I need some opinions on home learning. Has any one completed a essential nail course if so what did you think of it? Good or bad :|
I want a change of career I currently work for a large training provider of nvq's as an assessor and I'm sick & tired of targets & goal posts being moved (Sorry ranting a bit here!!!:irked:)
I have completed a level 2 vctc nail treatment course this covered mani/pedi and the salon hygiene and contra indications etc...( the list is endless!!) but no extensions, I am looking into all options of learning gel systems.
As all mothers have to, finding a course thats suitable, fits in around your job and family is damm hard and frustrating. I can't go to course's which involve overnight stays as my kids are to young and I'm finding time off work difficult to go on a 3 day course :grr:
I have read the link about which training to choose & I am considering the home learning as this would fit supberly around my family but I like some views on it. :)

i did the home learn course by essential nails, and i thoroughly enjoyed it
i passed with a distinction!!( lol)
it worked around my home and work life,
but you have to be self motivated
they are very helpful if you get stuck or dont understand anything, you can call or email them all the time,
if its right for you then go for it
good luck x

I think if you do a search here on the site for Essential Nails you will find lots to read about the courses. Good Luck

I did 3 home learn courses with essential nails, due to commitments and loved all of them.
I did go onto do classroom trainig once i could. but essential nails is a good home learn course too do and you do get alot of support from the company xx

One thing to bear in mind though is if you want to go on to do classroom training afterwards, some of the big companies don't recognise EN as sufficient qualification to do a one day conversion. This means you might have to do a Foundation Course starting from scratch (and paying all over again).

hth's

A good friend of mine did the EN course and just wished she'd saved for the training provided by Creative. HTH

I think you have to have a very healthy attitude toward home learn training and accept it for what it is. A START on the road to a more complete education.

No course is the start and finish in one go. Learning is life long and everyone should accept that it is a financial commitment that will go on, and provide for it by saving what is needed to attend at least one class per year to keep up to date.

so many mistakenly think .. oh I'll learn nails and be a nail technician!! NO It does not happen. Learning is progressive and on going. After 25 years in the business I am still learning and loving it.

I started with an Essential nails course to see if I would like to learn nails, and once I started with them I found I couldnt stop. As said before they were so helpful, and even though I failed the 1st time I soon got it and passed with flying colours before going on to train with ProNails, Creative and Bio.

Hi, I have done a course with essential nails and really enjoyed it, i have also done training on a one to one basis which has been great too, I have learn't alot on both.

Hi friend!

I done the course essentail nails in school because I had time but now, I'm doing the course system gel & acryl in home and I'm think very good!
I believe if you do in home, will be good because if you feel like doing that, all is possible friend! :wink2:

:hug: Liza.

hiya im doing en gel and airbrushing i love it and with all the help you need at the earned of the phone and from the fabulous geeks on here you'll be fine .I think it's a good start when i have earned some pennies i will take a one day course one to one to clarify any mistakes i may be encountering :lol:

HI

Thank you for all the advice guys, found a local two day course in gel's systems also, so I now just gonna decide which way to go. Really appreciate all the feedback.
Looking forward to making a start towards my new career!:lol:

Hi I havent an opinion personaly on home learn but if you go to a college as i do/have done I find it realy good as its only 3 hours a week and you can do it in the evenings. I love learning with others and dont think I could of learnt with out the hands on support of my tutor and sharing tips etc with class mates practicing on the nail trainers all good but not the same as on a real person each week (think hair dressing block vs real head!!!) Hope this helps the cource was also not expencive and they use creative which is brilliant!!! NOT nocking home learn at all just giving an opinion on how much fun college is!!!:hug:

I am also looking for a change of career

The main problem I have is that I am allergic to acrylic - even the low odour products affect my ashma
Is there any no odour acrylic products

I have been doing silk & fibreglass extensions for friends for a few months & would like to make it a full time career

I would like to learn gel & properly learn fibre

All the courses I have looked at require all 3 systems
Do I assume there are no courses that would just cover fibre & gel

If not a career change may be a no go for me at this time

I am also looking for a change of career

The main problem I have is that I am allergic to acrylic - even the low odour products affect my ashma
Is there any no odour acrylic products

I have been doing silk & fibreglass extensions for friends for a few months & would like to make it a full time career

I would like to learn gel & properly learn fibre

All the courses I have looked at require all 3 systems
Do I assume there are no courses that would just cover fibre & gel

If not a career change may be a no go for me at this time

as an educator i have done many classes in just fibreglass/silk and also just gel for beginners
and you dont need to have been l&p(acrylic) trained before hand...

where in Sussex are you based?

Jess
xox

thank you, thats good to know.

I have called sussex & brighton uni's - I have not recieved any course details yet

I need evening classes really to fit around my office job

I am in burgess hill - between brighton & crawley

do you know of any local courses I could look at??

Hi
Has anyone done one of the Essential Nail Training courses. I was thinking of doing the Gel course but would like to hear if anyone out there has done this home learn course or even the A & P one and if so how you found it in terms of ease of learning.

I am currently working evening and weekends as a therapist and in an office during the day so thought this would be ideal for me to do in my own time.

Thanks

hi- welcome :)

there are loads of threads re Essential Nails. If you go to search forum and type it in, it will keep you busy for ages!!!

good luck

hi,

i have done the essential nails fibreglass course and ive just passed. I started it in january, so its only taken me 5 months. i havent ever done any nail training before either. I passed with a credit certificate. I found it a bit difficult to start off with, because you are watching a video of it and it can be hard to work out what there doing, but its the same as everything, you need to keep practising. I found this website good to hear how other people do their nails. I have found an easier way to do my nails from looking at the threads on here.I wasnt practising every day and night either as i have a little girl to look after too.

Hope this helps you to decide.

Hi im doing the EN gel course and i love it it fits perfectly round my family. I started mine back in the begining of april ive just sent my first set of nails off for marking so fingers crossed!!

Good luck with whatever you decide:hug:

Latest posts

Back