excel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aspirations said:
Hmmm..... I thought about going back tomorrow as a quick in and out just to buy that..dont think i'd have long enough between finishing work and collecting kids from school though.

I am trying to be so good and not put it on my plastic though, didnt expect him to say I should have got it! cant make my mind up, I keep thinking how long it will take me to recoup my money...... desicions, desicions.....

Did you actually get it all there and then or do they send it on to you after?
They send everything to you afterwards and then arrange to come and do the training at wherever you want them to come to. I already have the pop up tent and did toy with the idea yesterday of getting the mini mist but with the training too it comes to £640, which is a lot and the unit cant be used to airbrush nails like a normal compressor can...So I too do not know what to do either and I too thought of going back tomorrow. I wondered if they might give me free training instead of the pop up tent seeing as I already have one??????? Probably wishful thinking!!!!:o :(

nailsbydesign said:
They send everything to you afterwards and then arrange to come and do the training at wherever you want them to come to. I already have the pop up tent and did toy with the idea yesterday of getting the mini mist but with the training too it comes to £640, which is a lot and the unit cant be used to airbrush nails like a normal compressor can...So I too do not know what to do either and I too thought of going back tomorrow. I wondered if they might give me free training instead of the pop up tent seeing as I alreday have one??????? Probably wishful thinking!!!!:o :(
you never know if you don't ask!!!

~shelley~ said:
you never know if you don't ask!!!
OK have sent a grovelling e-mail to Mandy so will see what she says, but I wont hold my breath!!!:rolleyes:

Had a great but busy day. Bought loads from CND, did stick to my list but queued fro 30 minutes to pay!!!!! Bought new well less tips from Lena White, cuticles tools from Millenium, new rubber fingers for my nail trainer as the others are now perishing. Saw Amanda Fontanarrosa who is my CND educator, havent seen her for ages as she has been away for 3 months in Argentina. Met loads of geek some I knew already some new ones. and got my Geek arm band from GMG. Had my face analysed in a machine at the Nimue stand for any environmental damage, now the results of that really surprised me, as how shall I put it, I am a more mature nail tech who worships the sun and was very suprised to find that my main problem was dryness at the sides of my face and that I have minimal sun damage etc which is a wonder, as I am very naughty and only use factor 4 or even nothing on my face, as it doesnt tan like the rest of me, yet I only have minimal sun damage:suprised: Anyway bought their trial face pack of cleansing gel, conditioner, night and day moisture creams, so we will see what that does...stings like h*ll at the moment but they did say it would, it is also very highly perfumed so I hope that doesnt adversly affect my skin at all.:eek:
Came home exhausted!!!

joanne2005 said:
always buy wot you see as you kick yourself after!! cant count how many times Ive done that!! lol

Exactly how I am feeling today! Went yesterday and saw the eggpot wax heater which I thought was really funky but went for the hive one (saving the pennies!) But really should have followed my heart and gone with the eggpot! (They had it in pink!!) Also wish I'd spent more time getting info on the tanning and gutted didn't have more money to buy the OPI polishes at £4.80!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that have 'shared' your experiences (ie purchases). I didnt get to go to excel but reading your posts has made me feel included. Thanks xx

i bought one of those boxes like shelly's but mine is pink. i was a little wprried it might get dirty but heck it's pink!! i didn't get time to go to the geek stand, wish i had now (it's kind of a little scary meeting everyone esp as i was on my own). I wish i had bought some training for lash extensions but i wanted to think about ti befor i did it now i know i want to do it!!

I was so good, I bought nothing!!! Vetty what kind of box was it :?:

Got loads of stuff. Wnet on sunday with my staff and apent £300 on creative stand, ouch! Got loads of little tiddly bits from other stands too. Went again as a lecturer on monday with the students, and spent another £200 on uv gel lamps, tips, nail art bits etc etc.

What i am most gutted about is the hair wefts ( i think thats what they are called), my friend got a pack for £25 and they are human hair, feel and look fantastic. You sort of clip them into your own hair and look very real. So if anyone knows the name of the company, id appreciate it!

pinkshell_nails said:
Got loads of stuff. Wnet on sunday with my staff and apent £300 on creative stand, ouch! Got loads of little tiddly bits from other stands too. Went again as a lecturer on monday with the students, and spent another £200 on uv gel lamps, tips, nail art bits etc etc.

What i am most gutted about is the hair wefts ( i think thats what they are called), my friend got a pack for £25 and they are human hair, feel and look fantastic. You sort of clip them into your own hair and look very real. So if anyone knows the name of the company, id appreciate it!
I tried one of the Hair Wefts in & my sister said i looked like sharon watts from eastenders!!!! I didnt buy it xxxx

These ones were really nice, they were straight, and you sort of clipped them in , underneath your own hair, they felt amazing and im so peeved i didnt get one in the end!!

i went on Sunday (like you hadn't guessed pmsl!!!) with Glynis, Amber & Angie....
first stop was CND/DN and spent half of my 'stash' :!: on loads of goodies incl the new enamel collection (which is gorgeous), the new DN nail plate cleanser and sanitisers etc plus a bit more lol... then pootled around the other nail stands, got some fabaroony glitter, dried flowers and other glittery bits for nailart from Christrio, bargains at £1 a pot :!: got some essentials like files, lintfree pads etc etc etc... my suitcase was literally bursting at the seams by the time I'd packed it all this morning :!:
didn't really have the time to 'investigate' the whole exhibition, wish i'd been able to go for 2 days to be honest but don't think my feet would have stood the pace lol.
loved meeting the other Geeks there (thanks Sass for our humungous hug!!!) and putting names to faces, weird isn't it when we're so 'gobby' on here and then all quiet and 'normal' in 'real life' pmsl
definitely going to come over again for next year's Excel, wouldn't have missed it for the world, a fantastic long weekend away, spending time with my Geeky mates and consuming a reasonably large quantity of 'duty frees' pmsl... sunglasses were at the ready for the bloodshot eyes lmao :twisted:

huge apologies to anyone who we should have met but didn't or didn't have time to meet, and thank you too for my birthday cards (you know who you are :wink2:) :Love:
xx

Cathie! said:
I was so good, I bought nothing!!! Vetty what kind of box was it :?:

Cathie, it was one of the 3 box stacking trolley type of thing...... But it definitely wouldn't go in my car in one piece!!! Anyway, looking through my new Hyperion product catalogue, I've decided to order the large Bucket Bag Organiser from Creative and see if that along with my exisiting aluminium tool box thing will be enough..... Plus, that's only £24.50 rather than £60-ish for a whole new box.....

I'll keep you posted!!

I wanted some lint free pads but sally's didnt have any there and i didint know who else's were good... creative's were slightly deer for me..

I also wanted a pump dispenser bottle of scrubfresh which I saw the demo lady using but there were none on the shelves so i just bought a normal one :(

And i didnt see no nail fresh :(

pinkshell_nails said:
These ones were really nice, they were straight, and you sort of clipped them in , underneath your own hair, they felt amazing and im so peeved i didnt get one in the end!!

I had them done in Sunday, 3 different shades of blonde. I would wear them for going out but not every day - they got on my nerves a bit. They were £33 and are human hair.

Latest posts

Back