Excuse me if this is rude

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had any trouble with anyone on here everyone is friendly and if someone makes the odd comment I don't take it personally at all just move on x

That will be me then. Everyone knows I am blunt, non politically correct, and tells things like they are.

You have been warned :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's the trouble with threads like this, they make everyone paranoid. I checked how many threads I've been on where the OP has commented.
It's highly passive aggressive, and attention seeking behaviour.

That's the trouble with threads like this, they make everyone paranoid. I checked how many threads I've been on where the OP has commented.
It's highly passive aggressive, and attention seeking behaviour.

Thank you doctor, I agree. Don't feed it.

Thank you doctor, I agree. Don't feed it.

We're all meant to huddle round saying "who upset you 'Hun'"
Instead everyone's discussing Disney films, and I have a new secret weapon...

Trills *let it go, let it gooooo..."

I'm looking at YOU Virtues :lol:

I am always singing this. It has become my motto at the moment

I'm gone as soon as kids are involved. ...!

.. but I quite like being a wizened ratbag....;)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

My children sing this at least once every hour 😐 lol

I think sometimes the way things are written can be interpreted in a way that was probably not intended. When ever I've asked a question I've always received good advice, I would rather people be blunt and honest that way I can learn.
:)

I remember reading an old post of my own and thought god I sounded so cheeky to that person, it can sometimes come across when things are wrote, some people can take it the wrong way as everyone said it's a public forum there's going to be people that you clash with but that's life, move on and decide whether salon geek is for you or not for you xx

I remember reading an old post of my own and thought god I sounded so cheeky to that person, it can sometimes come across when things are wrote, some people can take it the wrong way as everyone said it's a public forum there's going to be people that you clash with but that's life, move on and decide whether salon geek is for you or not for you xx

Me too! Now I try to be aware of how others might read my posts x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Definitely I think also a lot of us are quickly replying trying to help in between clients so again you don't notice if your coming across blunt, I think we all need to give ourselves a pat on the back as we do all try and help each other as best as possible ❤️

Definitely I think also a lot of us are quickly replying trying to help in between clients so again you don't notice if your coming across blunt, I think we all need to give ourselves a pat on the back as we do all try and help each other as best as possible ❤️

totally agree, you always come across as polite and friendly but as you say we are all busy too! But sometimes I suppose I won't comment if I don't have time to properly xx

I have often gone to reply to a post and then just totally can't be bothered especially when the question is exactly the same as ones I have replied to previously.
I cannot do rude, sarcastic or superior and try to just help or inform. I have often written replies to the op and people assume I'm commenting on their posts and can get defensive, so often I just bow out.
The original question can get lost once we all start talking to each other in a familiar way and this can lead to new geeks feeling a little left out!

To the op, I neither have the time or the inclination to work out who it is aimed at, but I think there is a huge amount of amazing free knowledge on here. If posts are rude, just move on. We can all see if they're rude or unsupportive and often one geek will jump to another's defense.

When I joined many years ago, one of the first posts I read was about a nail tech who had run out of dsperse and asked if there was anything else she could use. The first reply said "you really should be more organised and not run out", not helping the op in the slightest.

If we TRY to help we're doing our best!

Vicki x

Personally if I found people rude or sarcastic ect I would ignore or report (I've not had to report anyone).
I think starting a thread about it is not a great idea! Just my opinion.
We must remember that in life you get rude people to I see it as their problem not mine. :) xx

To the op: you have to remember that a lot of geeks on here have been answering the same questions for years now, yet they still give their time to help and advise. Yes, some people come across as harsh (I'm aware that I do at times) but more often than not, this is not intended.

This site has proved invaluable to many, and with so many different characters it is inevitable people are going to clash. If there is a post which I read as rude or offensive, I just skip over it.

Having said that, some of my favorite posts to read are those by the more "out spoken" members of the forum (you know who you are), I think I secretly envy the fact that they often have the balls to say what the rest of us are thinking!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out who this thread is aimed at 😬
Sticky nose 101

Now then guys, this is turning far too conversational and others may feel excluded so I am going to report it ;)

Latest posts

Back