Exfoliate after 3 days?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Pink23

Reaction score
I read on here a few days ago about telling your customers to start gently exfoliating on day 3 onwards so that the tan fades gradually, is this correct?

I do not advise exfoliating unless its pre tan, a particular area is fading patchy or the customer wants to completely get rid of the tan.

Does everyone tell their customers to start gently exfoliating on day 3?

x

I advise much the same as you hun,
and you are doing correctly for Suntana,

the exfoliate a few days after is a sienna thing, hth

I advise clients not to exfoliate till about day 5 and this works really well :)

I advise much the same as you hun,
and you are doing correctly for Suntana,

the exfoliate a few days after is a sienna thing, hth

It's certainly not a sienna thing. Maybe your thinking of something else here x

It's certainly not a sienna thing. Maybe your thinking of something else here x

It was said in a thread the other day sienna x advise to exfoliate after so many days, it was either 3 or 5,
i will go and try to find it, i think it was that thread that has sparked this one :hug:

Yep, it was the thread that I had started. A lady that I sprayed decided to exfoliate after only three days, despite advising to only start exfoliating from Day 5 but only if the tan is fading unevenly.

This was how we were trained with Sienna X and to be honest, I thought this was the norm, but it now seems that it isn't.

Sienna also train us to use cream on feets, knees, hands etc and it also seems that this is a no no as well. So, it does make me wonder what other people are being taught and who is right!

I now don't use as much moisturiser as before and I don't think it makes any difference. My technique has really improved since I started and I suppose it is just something that will only get better the more tans that I do. I have started to get lots of repeat clients and recommendations which is a real confidence boost, I must be doing something right.

Thanks Millyspook,
its sods law i couldn't find the thread when i needed to lol :hug:

It was said in a thread the other day sienna x advise to exfoliate after so many days, it was either 3 or 5,
i will go and try to find it, i think it was that thread that has sparked this one :hug:

That's strange. Someone had defo got that wrong. It would be uneven if you exfoliated 3 or 5 days after. It lasts for over 7 days. Only thing I can think of is the people that like to be really dark when they have really light skin. They might fade not so well as the contrast between both is so different.
Ive even checked sienna's aftercare leaflet :irked: Nothing mentioned.
xxx

We were told to tell clients this for using st tropez tan

Yep, we do tell people to start to lightly exfoliate at around day 3 4 or 5 after having a tan, this promotes even cell renewal on that top 25% of your epidermis (where the tanning reaction occurs). Because we aren't like snakes who uniformly shed their skin, humans tend to renew their cells at different rates on different parts of the body so lightly exfoliating will mean that the dead dull cells slough off at the same time, making your tan look fresher for longer.

Makes sense really dunnit????????????

As i have pointed out time and time again, if you have any queries with tan application, products, pre or post treatment advice CONTACT YOUR TRAINER OR SUPPLIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back