Extending bottom lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

priory

Reaction score
Hi Lash Geeks :hug:

Just wanted to talk about bottom lashes. How many of you do them? Are they popular between your clients? Do you like doing bottom lashes?
I do bottom lashes and I find they are getting so popular, clients begin to realise they can do them too and it has been a success, so I just wanted to see your reviews about them :hug:

I would love to be able to extend lower lashes too, but I had read that insurance can be sticky if doing them.
I am a newbie, so not really got much experience yet. Sounds fab though xx

Yes you are right about insurance, if something goes wrong you are most likely not insured for doing them.. So I always ask clients to sign that they are taking responsibility for doing this treatment. I only stated doing them when I felt 100% sure of my skills..

I have seen lots of your pictures and your youtube vids - I'm a bit of a stalker lol. You are amazing at lashes. Love your work.
I would love to do this, but it is a long way down the line for me xx

Thank you :hug: I love doing eyelashes do much and I'm sure you will get there too.. all you need to do is do them a lot :hug: xxx

Hi there, sorry I cant help.
I am not experienced enough yet to even think about offering this as a service. Although a few clients have asked about it.

But I would love you know more about them.

I have seen some companies sell actual bottom lashes. Do you use these or can you use J lashes?
Do they last as long as the top lashes?

Oh please do tell us more about the difference if any you find between lashing the top and bottom lashes.

Lower lashes can be very tricky for several reasons....
a) you would have to work with an open eye... which means that your client might feel unfomfortable with you applying the lashes
b) you might not feel at ease applying the lashes with the client looking up at you
c) bottom lashes dont seem to last as long and even the shortest ones (8mm) might look funny ...............

so we teach to not apply them because the look isnt right and there is a lot of risk in the application............

hth....:hug:

i agree with the above, and they do not last as long.
i always sit the client up at the end of the bed faceing me and they just look up, i had someone do it to me whilst i was lying down with my eyes looking up at the tec, and all i could see was those sharp scarey tweezers coming towards my eyes, thats why i sit them up and they can not see the tweezers at all, and i feel much safer
i usually use cs in .2s in 7s and 8s and you only really need about 6-7-8 on each eye

Yes bottom eyelashes are applied while eyes are open - but clients don't necessarily look directly at you, even if they do - it doesn't worry me...
I always begin by making sure that client can stay still while I'm applying them and if i feel that they could not be still then would not go ahead with procedure.
I use C-curl (as bottom eyelashes usually are a bit curlier than top) size 6mm - which look very natural - as you can see in my pics.
Bottom eyelashes last a bit less as you would not put as much as on top (simply because there aren't as much natural lashes) Usually my clients return in 2 weeks to refill bottoms and in 4 weeks to refill tops.
This is a big hit now, that is how I feel...

Trouble with bottom lashes too is that when they lose one, it really notices as there are fewer applied

Priory, what diameter C curls do you use? They look so good!
Have you ever used 7mm, or just 6? The adhesive I use is very fast drying, but has some fumes, so I think I would have to try a different kind. Although, I wonder if running a cross breeze would help?

hi jenx, i'm very new to salon geek so bear with me haha, Can i ask u how do u find Glam Lash products to use?? i've just bought the glue but not had chance to use it yet, thanks

hi priory, can u tell me how i can view your videos please

Hi, I'm not sure what diameter my C-curls are, but they more or less repeat letter C, maybe just slightly less curly then letter C. I use 6mm and some 7 in the outer corners, or if someone has big eyes and long bottom eyelashes, I would use 7s and 8s. I think you should really purchase odour free adhesive, the one with fumes will cause irritation even if you have the room ventilated - as you are going to be working close to an open eye. :hug:

Priory, what diameter C curls do you use? They look so good!
Have you ever used 7mm, or just 6? The adhesive I use is very fast drying, but has some fumes, so I think I would have to try a different kind. Although, I wonder if running a cross breeze would help?

hi i do bottom lashes i use a weaker glue because of the fumes i also use j curl about a 6 depending on the client but they dont last as long x

Latest posts

Back