Eye lash Extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have just done my training in eyelash extensions and having problems when you have to cover and protect the lower lashes, we got these like cushion pads in our kit but i find that they dont stick and move around so when training we got shown to tape the lashes down, which is better but i am finding that it is uncomfy for the client and is quite tricky to do. Just wondered what every one else uses thank you :)

Hi Geeks

I have just done my training in eyelash extensions and having problems when you have to cover and protect the lower lashes, we got these like cushion pads in our kit but i find that they dont stick and move around so when training we got shown to tape the lashes down, which is better but i am finding that it is uncomfy for the client and is quite tricky to do. Just wondered what every one else uses thank you :)

Who did you train with? are the 1's in your kit reusable?
i use the gel patches not suitable for everybody thou cos of allergies. i find the whole tape thing a bit tricky too

I have just bought silcopads from beauty express for clients with sensitive eyed they are reusable X

i trained with glam lash, do your gel ones stay in place as these seem to slide all over X

I like to use the Nexcare Absolute Waterproof tape. It is beige and has a little padding to it. I cut them into approximately 2" strips and then cut a little crescent shape on one side. I swipe a little jojoba oil under the eye (not too close to the lashes) and lay the tape down. if I happen to have a few stray lashes that pop out, I use the micropore tape to cover them. It comes off easily because of the jojoba.

I prefer to use the tape. I'm not bothering with the gel patches any more. I don't find it hard to apply. To be honest i'm a little worried to use the gel patches after the stories I have heard on here about reactions. x

I use both tape and gel pads.
I first tape down the bottom lashes. As I find the tape better to get into those corner lashes.

And then use gel pads over the top of the tape just a little below the lash line so if it moves or leaks the tape will still be keeping lashes at bay.

I also find the white eye pads helps me to see all the fine lashes better than with tape. x

I use the pads from Glam Lash, but I found that if they were high enough to keep the bottom lashes well out of the way, they were getting in my way a bit, so now I do what some others have suggested and I tape the lashes first then pop the pad on slightly lower down.

I tape and then put gel pad over top and find this works well

My gel pads stay in place but sometimes take a few attempts b4 total stick down cos everybody eye different, only ever seen 1reaction in 1year n all it did was make her eyes water so i took them off used tape and re primed x

Hi, they shouldnt move around.
I will send you some more to try could just be a faulty box havent had this problem before. I know you are more than likely doing this correctly, but ... are you using the correct side of pad on the face? The part you peal the backing off. One girl today called and she was sticking the wrong end down. Lou xx

I use glam Lash Eye patches and they are the best I have used. They stay put and the gel stays well in too. Not had anyone taking a reaction. Only tape if really nessesary but thats not often.

Cath

Latest posts

Back