Eye Lash Tint and Perm

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butterflydancer

Reaction score
Hi there.

I am booked on to a course on lash tint and perm, and am really keen to do it........ then a mate of mine said how she hates doing them and they are really hard!

I was just wanting some opinions of others?

Do you enjoy it?? Is it really really tricky?!

Thanks in advance guys x

Hi
I have just completed my nvq 2 in cosmetic make-up. I had to do tinting perming ind lash application found it really good not hard at all perming takes a little getting used too also ind lashes can be a little fiddly. go for it im sure you will enjoy it

To be honest, its quite straight forward and obviously you must have a steady hand. However, i dont offer eyelash perming as i think its too risky. I know 4 people who despite being patch tested, still had awful allergic reactions to the solution. For me its not worth the risk.

I am trained in tinting and perming but I no longer offer perming as part of my treatment menu.

I just dont feel that the client gets enough benefit from the treatment for what needs to be charged. some people get really good results from perming but I never seemed to have got the same results.

I love both treatments and find that tinting is really popular.

They are fiddly to perform and you have to really concentrate on what you are doing but I don't think that takes anything away from enjoying the treatment. And when you hand the client the mirror they are always thrilled with the results which makes you feel fab!:green:

I am also trained in tinting and perming but I no longer offer perming as part of my treatment menu because i have no call for it and i am allergic to it and have to wear gloves which is a pain.

I to dont feel that the client gets enough benefit from the treatment of perming the eyelashes for what needs to be charged. However tinting the lashes and brows does get really good results and it is a very popular treatment.

hi

Tinting is more popular than perming the lashes, they are no way hard to do, just very fiddlerly when your training once you have cracked the art of doing them and get your confidence, you will fly through them.

I always do a package when someone books in for a eyelash tint i say would u like them permed as well i can do it as a package and usually they say yes as it works out a lot cheaper,,,

To do a perm I charge £24 each treatment because of the time it takes and whats involved, that is why perming is not as popular because its expensive but if you do it as a package its great.

once you have established what you are doing and are confident you will enjoy doing them both.

Ooooo okay thanks guys!! =)

Im looking 4ward to it now guys, esp the tinting!! x x

i love eyelash perming, and also offer as a package, a lot of clients havent even heard of perming eyelashes. I also have my own permed as i think the results are fab - i do have quite long lashes so can really notice the results. I haven;t suffered any reaction or ever had a client suffer one either (touchwood).

I love tinting and perming and use the Thuya kit as you can tint and perm in the same treatment. Perming is a bit fiddly to get at first but i really enjoy it

It might be worthwhile checking with your insurance company as to whether you are covered to tint and perm in one session. I'm told that a number of them insist that there is a 24 hour gap between them, whether the particular brand allows for it or not!

I can only speak from the point of view of having my lashes tinted, and to me it seems quite a nice relaxed chilled out treatment; once the eyelash tint is on, my therapist then tints my brows, leaves the brow tint on for a minute or so and washes it off, and after that usually potters about in the salon and tidies up while the tint takes. It doesn't usually take her too long to put the tint on to start off with - say 5 mins - and then for 10 mins the tint is taking - then I guess another 2 or 3 mins to take the tint off at the end too. Then with an eyebrow wax or pluck at the end, it's £15 for a half-hour slot, so a lot less effort than something like a full body wax! So if you can do it, it seems like a good treatment to do - and with the advantage that clients are likely to come back for repeat business when the tint fades off in a few weeks time...

I can only speak from the point of view of having my lashes tinted, and to me it seems quite a nice relaxed chilled out treatment; once the eyelash tint is on, my therapist then tints my brows, leaves the brow tint on for a minute or so and washes it off, and after that usually potters about in the salon and tidies up while the tint takes. It doesn't usually take her too long to put the tint on to start off with - say 5 mins - and then for 10 mins the tint is taking - then I guess another 2 or 3 mins to take the tint off at the end too. Then with an eyebrow wax or pluck at the end, it's £15 for a half-hour slot, so a lot less effort than something like a full body wax! So if you can do it, it seems like a good treatment to do - and with the advantage that clients are likely to come back for repeat business when the tint fades off in a few weeks time...
I agree with Ruth, nice and relaxing for us, quick easy and returning custom for you..everyones a winner...xx

I offer both Perming & Tinting & it is really popular. I do about 10 tints a week & 5 perms. They all come back & it appeals to all ages. I myself have eyelash & eyebrow tint & my eyelashes are permed (as do my staff) & often have comments on them which becomes a good selling point for more business as they can see the results. (We do the same with spray tans!!!)

ONE POINT HOWEVER. For those who say they didn't rate the results of perms... The shelf life of a perm kit is 6 months. Once expired it is pretty useless, so maybe this was a problem. My tip, make sure you always use the right size roller, never overlap & make sure they are permed straight on the roller. The results are magnificent!

If the shelf life is approaching offer a super deal to existing customers that have it if they book another treatment.

:hug: xx

Hi Butterflydancer,
I did lash tinting, perming etc and I enjoyed it. The perming is a bit tricky but once you have mastered it, you will want to do it over and over again. My favourite eye treatment is tinting light coloured hair because it makes an instant change and looks lovely. I would definately recommend it also and most importantly the clients love it and will always come back for more treatment.

Hi Butterflydancer,
I did lash tinting, perming etc and I enjoyed it. The perming is a bit tricky but once you have mastered it, you will want to do it over and over again. My favourite eye treatment is tinting light coloured hair because it makes an instant change and looks lovely. I would definately recommend it also and most importantly the clients love it and will always come back for more treatment.

Aye that's what Sharon says when she does my lashes; I have quite fair lashes naturally and tinting them black makes an instant difference - she says it makes my eyes look so much bluer and stand out more :)

Ooooooooo I am excited now!!

I cant wait woop woop!! =)

x x

if you want to do it, go for it! don't listen to all the negativities, it is easy peasy, straight forward!

I love tinting and i seem to have my eye on this rather wild colour at the moment
I use Refectocil colours and this is a light\neon blue Hairwell Lash Tint Blue Blue 15ml

Tinting has been a really popular treatment over the summer and it doesn't take much time at all therefore can make a healthy profit, I find tinting dead easy once you get the hang of it!

Latest posts

Back