Eyebrow Shape Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepinkfairy

Reaction score
I'm hoping some of you geeks can help me as i have never been asked to do this before! What it is, one of my clients wanted me to shape her eyebrows in correspondance with how they grow back. She wants them shaped nicely but also she wants them shaped so they grow back tidy, she said last time they grew back tapered, now this sort of stumped me as i can give her fab looking brows but i have no control over how they grow back.
So i shaped her brows for her and she was happy with the shape but she is going to wait and see how they grow back before deciding if she wants to stick with that shape:irked: .
Very strange, I have never been asked this before and i wanted to know if there is a special way of shaping them so they grow back nicely that i have somehow never come across or if she is just being a bit unrealistic.

Thanks!

it sounds like she is saying she wants a shape that is natural to the way her brow grows (ie not a false high arch when they have a low arch etc), therefore when they grow back they look natural. i wonder what she thinks is wrong with a taper, imo its a nice finish. they must have been tapered by the previous therapist, unless her hair growth is getting sparser etc.

Worry not, if she doesnt come back, thats one less thing to worry about, as your prob awaiting that call! :hug:

This sounds a bit odd? :eek:

You can't control how they grow back, when they do you pluck 'em out! Maybe give her an eyebrow shaping lesson so she can pluck out any strays herself as they grow back, without changing the shape. Or you could sugest electrologist so they never grow back again?!

Dunno hun, never had that one before!! :lol:

If she doesn't want them tapered, I'd say that she doesn't want them too thin on the tails. xx

Some clients are sooo fussy!! They want the impossible.
I would respect her wishes but wouldnt want a client this fussy - it stresses me out!

Thankyou all for your comments, I feel a bit more prepared for her now if she comes back!
:hug:

Maybe she means that she wants them close t her natural shape but just tidied up, obviously te less hair you remove the less hair can grow back untidily.

Some people want it all don't they. lol

You know what doll? Say to her "Explain to me in your own words the look you're aiming for".

I dont understand what the problem is with 'fussy clients'

THEY ARE PAYING YOU!

its their perogative to be fussy and get exactly what they want for their money. Yes, we have the expertise, but at the end of the day its the client thats lining your pocket and keeping you in business, so its our job to accomodate their needs.

like Kim has said, if you dont know what they want ask them to explain. Its better than doing something they didnt want you to!

IMO there is no such thing as a 'fussy' client. We are all individuals, and want different things.

THEY ARE PAYING YOU!

its their perogative to be fussy and get exactly what they want for their money. Yes, we have the expertise, but at the end of the day its the client thats lining your pocket and keeping you in business, so its our job to accomodate their needs.

like Kim has said, if you dont know what they want ask them to explain. Its better than doing something they didnt want you to!

IMO there is no such thing as a 'fussy' client. We are all individuals, and want different things.
I couldn't agree more. To put it bluntly, they are paying us to do what they can't or don't want to do themselves.

THEY ARE PAYING YOU!

Thanks i appreciate your advice but i actually wasn't complaining about her being fussy, i was asking for any tips on how to shape eyebrows so they don't grow back messy. She was pleased with the shape i did but is going to wait until they grow back to see if thats the shape she wants to keep.

Thanks all the same!:green:

Yes theres 'fussy' but wanting the impossible is well, impossible.

I would say all my clients are 'fussy' they want each brow EXACTLY the same - blah blah - fair enough - give them what they want - I always do and some, but this client wants a shape that grows in tidy!!! That could only happen if they dont grow back at all. Electrolysis would solve that problem.

I think what she means is that she doesn´t want to go back to the salon every week to get her brows done. Maybe for financial reasons, who knows...

Perhaps she has thick or difficult eyebrows to shape (for the untrained person) and just wants to pluck the stray hairs as she goes along without having to worry about shaping it correctly. That is why she doesnt want them tapered, she couldnt get it back that way.

And just go back to touch them up once in a while.

That is what I think she means...because I know what my brows look like when they grow back. Thick and my hairs grow downwards.Thank heaven I do my own or else they would be a mess!

Good luck!

Thanks i appreciate your advice but i actually wasn't complaining about her being fussy, i was asking for any tips on how to shape eyebrows so they don't grow back messy. She was pleased with the shape i did but is going to wait until they grow back to see if thats the shape she wants to keep.

Thanks all the same!:green:

I know you werent in your original post hun!

and yes i agree, impossible is impossible. But 'fussy' is non existant! :)

Latest posts

Back