Eyelash extension training in Cheshire/Liverpool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtinkxx

Reaction score
Hi
I'm trying to find an eyelash extension course in the Cheshire/Liverpool area. Well anywhere in the North West really. If there's any advice anyone trained up on this can give me it would be greatly appreciated. I work in Makeup at the minute but I'm not Beauty Therapy trained so I'm looking for a course/trainer that gives a recognised certification that enables me to purchase insurance if that's possible. I've done some searching online and locally but can't find any that's within a reasonable distance so I'm hoping someone on here can help!

Cheers x
Angela x

Hi Angela
if you want to contact Kelly (kelshah) on here she will be able to help you as she is the flirties trainer for your area but if you get stuck let me know? :hug:

i trained with flirties and would not recomend them for training - not had a problem with anything else to do with 'flirties' though :D

theory was reading out of the manual that i was sent through the post (which i could have done in my own time), my kit arrived with a set of tweezers missing (my trainer offered me the use of hers for the practical which was nice of her otherwise i would have been a bit stuck haha) hardly any lashes were put on in the practical part (my model actually commented to me not so long ago that she was surprised at how little time she was needed for, never a good thing when your model is worried about your training!! LOL), i felt completely clueless when it came to lashes for where and what kind (which i always assumed was a basic of lashes, you know making sure you had the right lashes for your client), i was literally reading up and watching youtube videos trying to work it out and reading up on here and on various websites until my trainer read apost on here made by me and sent me an email about what goes where and explained how she had changed the training so that it now included info on what goes where and what kind of lash etc. i then found out the other day the way she told me to patch test was actually wrong :\ i didn't see the point in asking my trainer for help as i didn't think the original training was worth it so thought i'd be far better doing it alone. i was offered extra training for £25 (i think that's right) so that i could learn the basics that should have been taught to me on my training day, might come as a surprise to know that i didn't go with the extra training.

i paid over £400 to get a kit with equipment missing, to read out of a manual, get taught the wrong info and put a few lashes on. i then asked for another trainer so i could ask for help if i needed it because i wasn't impressed with my trainer/her attitude and was told yes if i paid for training again. glad job i've got money to burn hey? oh wait, i haven't. damn. choose wisely when it comes to your training. x

Last edited:
i trained with flirties and would not recomend them for training - not had a problem with anything else to do with 'flirties' though :D

theory was reading out of the manual that i was sent through the post (which i could have done in my own time), my kit arrived with a set of tweezers missing (my trainer offered me the use of hers for the practical which was nice of her otherwise i would have been a bit stuck haha) hardly any lashes were put on in the practical part (my model actually commented to me not so long ago that she was surprised at how little time she was needed for, never a good thing when your model is worried about your training!! LOL), i felt completely clueless when it came to lashes for where and what kind (which i always assumed was a basic of lashes, you know making sure you had the right lashes for your client), i was literally reading up and watching youtube videos trying to work it out and reading up on here and on various websites until my trainer read apost on here made by me and sent me an email about what goes where and explained how she had changed the training so that it now included info on what goes where and what kind of lash etc. i then found out the other day the way she told me to patch test was actually wrong :\ i didn't see the point in asking my trainer for help as i didn't think the original training was worth it so thought i'd be far better doing it alone. i was offered extra training for £25 (i think that's right) so that i could learn the basics that should have been taught to me on my training day, might come as a surprise to know that i didn't go with the extra training.

i paid over £400 to get a kit with equipment missing, to read out of a manual, get taught the wrong info and put a few lashes on. i then asked for another trainer so i could ask for help if i needed it because i wasn't impressed with my trainer/her attitude and was told yes if i paid for training again. glad job i've got money to burn hey? oh wait, i haven't. damn. choose wisely when it comes to your training. x

I am sure that if the poster does a search she will find out that you have posted similar before only to then back out and confirm that you couldnt get the hang of lashes which is neither the trainers nor the companies fault. Any company can only train as good as the student is willing to learn but unfortunately the student also has to put some effort and skill in and be willing to listen to the trainer and learn the techniques taught.
All trainers offer after training support whether its in person, additional tutoring or just via phone and / email which is a huge help to the students in the months after the training and most stay in touch for years to stay up to date with new techniques, products and help and advice :hug:

Hi,

AH francis do a training course in Stockport. I think they use the carlton institute as their venue. i did the course with them, its a one dayer but you have to do some practice at home too! Absolutely loved it!

do your research though. phone a few companies, ask for them to send information out to you first/samples etc. it's a lot of money to spend and there are so many people offering training these days that you dont want to be ripped of!!

Good luck though, its a great treatment to offer!

P.S Miss Confused im shocked at your story that must have been awful. i hope your ok and feel happy with everything now though! :)

x

I am sure that if the poster does a search she will find out that you have posted similar before only to then back out and confirm that you couldnt get the hang of lashes which is neither the trainers nor the companies fault. Any company can only train as good as the student is willing to learn but unfortunately the student also has to put some effort and skill in and be willing to listen to the trainer and learn the techniques taught.
All trainers offer after training support whether its in person, additional tutoring or just via phone and / email which is a huge help to the students in the months after the training and most stay in touch for years to stay up to date with new techniques, products and help and advice :hug:

oh i am more than willing to listen and learn, hence why since my training day i have been patch testing clients in the wrong way - you know because i listened to what my trainer said. surely me wanting to 'shadow' somebody does actually show i am more than willing to learn and improve?

me getting the hang of lashes or not is nothing to do with my kit arriving with equipment missing, my trainer teaching me incorrect methods of patch testing or me not being shown the basics of lashes and how they are best used.

i think your comment above has shown exactly why people shouldn't bother to train with flirties. x

Hi,

AH francis do a training course in Stockport. I think they use the carlton institute as their venue. i did the course with them, its a one dayer but you have to do some practice at home too! Absolutely loved it!

do your research though. phone a few companies, ask for them to send information out to you first/samples etc. it's a lot of money to spend and there are so many people offering training these days that you dont want to be ripped of!!

Good luck though, its a great treatment to offer!

P.S Miss Confused im shocked at your story that must have been awful. i hope your ok and feel happy with everything now though! :)

x

lots of reading on here and other sites and watching you tube vids, not very professional at all but i didn't have another several hundred pounds lying around to go and train fully with another company and felt really cheeky asking another brand if i could pay for a 121 with them to go over basics, you know after not choosing them to start with :\ obviously that's my own fault but it's like going into the hairdressers with a bad colour from the hairdressers down the road and asking them to fix it... it's just nota nice thing to do is it? lol i've been lucky enough to find a lovely geek on here who has offered for me to go and 'shadow' her in her own salon which will be a great help i'm sure. i just hope that i get my certificate through for this lash training and it's not all been a waste of tiime. haha that'll be my luck that :p x

oh i am more than willing to listen and learn, hence why since my training day i have been patch testing clients in the wrong way - you know because i listened to what my trainer said. surely me wanting to 'shadow' somebody does actually show i am more than willing to learn and improve?

me getting the hang of lashes or not is nothing to do with my kit arriving with equipment missing, my trainer teaching me incorrect methods of patch testing or me not being shown the basics of lashes and how they are best used.

i think your comment above has shown exactly why people shouldn't bother to train with flirties. x
i know that your trainer offered numerous times for you to come back for additional training and tutoring but you simply refused, however i dont think there is the need to go through this again as you had quoted the course as excellent and never mentioned anything missing in the kit
so this all seems a bit bizarre

Sounds like a bit of a vendetta going on here miss confused and this is not the place for you to vent your spleen and is not attractive.

Kits can sometimes have things missing (they are packed by humans and humans make mistakes), ****ake happens as they say ... I hardly feel that it is a reason to condemn a fairly successful company so vehemently or with such venom. Enough is enough. You have a problem, take it to the company who quite obviously was quite willing to help you out. Don't bring it here to salon geek as we don't like posts like this.

i know that your trainer offered numerous times for you to come back for additional training and tutoring but you simply refused, however i dont think there is the need to go through this again as you had quoted the course as excellent and never mentioned anything missing in the kit
so this all seems a bit bizarre

why would i want to go back when it was so bad the first time? and why on earth would i want to pay £25 to go back to be taught things that should have been taught to start with? :s what a silly thing to say. i even asked for another trainers details incase i did have any problems so i would atleast have somebody to ask rather than searching google and salon geek and was told only if i paid for training again!

the 2nd pair of tweezers were missing from my kit, i sat next to the trainer when she phoned up to say they were missing and asked to have them sent out. she also offered to give me hers and said she would just have the new ones (no, i'm honestly not joking!) so i wasn't waiting for the new ones to be delivered. like i said though mistakes happen, it's not the end of the world and they were sent out without a problem and life continued.

i haven't got any problems at all with any of the flirties products, or any other wow products as you know but my training was terrible. it really was, if other people are about to spend over £400 (which i don't know about you, but i personally think £400 is a lot of money) on training then i think they should be made well aware of problems others have had with their training. people who have had training should also feel like they are able to give their opinion and tell the truth without fear of backlash or being publicly embarassed (which i'm sure we all agree is what you was trying to do by implying i made no effort or bothered to listen and had no skill). at the end of the day, as far as embarassing me goes then keep on trying. i'm new to the lash extension world, i don't know everything about everything, i have alot to learn and to be honest i really don't mind who knows that... at the end of the day i'm in the exact same boat that many (if not all) of the therapists on this forum has at one time or other been in.x

I feel it is only fair that I comment about my Training with Flirties my trainer being Kelly, Firstly my kit was fine it had in exactly what was listed nothing missing we went through it and I was told about each item & lash types. Kelly was thorough & helpful (still is to this day - if I need her). I didn't expect to be up & running applying full sets or diva lashes after 1 day training my assessment period lasted a couple of months I was quite lucky and had no end of volunteers for me to practice on. I also had an issue with the patch which after a couple of phone calls whilst with me I was told both methods could be used, my personal preference is to lash apply for client patch testing. I have the attitude that like any treatment we train in, learning is ongoing you cant expect to learn everything there is to know in 1 day. I do feel Lash training warrants more than a 1 day training course, but cant say I was not happy with the training I received.

Sounds like a bit of a vendetta going on here miss confused and this is not the place for you to vent your spleen and is not attractive.

Kits can sometimes have things missing (they are packed by humans and humans make mistakes), ****ake happens as they say ... I hardly feel that it is a reason to condemn a fairly successful company so vehemently or with such venom. Enough is enough. You have a problem, take it to the company who quite obviously was quite willing to help you out. Don't bring it here to salon geek as we don't like posts like this.

there is no 'vendetta' at all. i am giving my opinion of my training as the original poster asked about lash training. i have had lash training with as you pointed out a 'fairly successful company' so was giving my opinion on my experience with them. no 'vendetta' no lies no whatever else - just the truth of my experience with them.

you say said company 'quite obviously was quite willing to help you out' but in all honesty you don't know, that's your own opinion - not fact. i was offered help yes for £25 to teach me what i should have originally been taught, that i paid over £400 which is what i have said.

as i said about my kit, equipment missing isn't the end of the world and it was fixed. that wasn't my problem. my problem was being taught incorrect methods aswell as not being taught the basics basics.

my giving my opinion isn't me having a 'vendetta' or me 'vent(ing) my spleen' it's me giving my opinion and saying why my opinion of y training is the way it is.
x

Last edited:
why would i want to go back when it was so bad the first time? and why on earth would i want to pay £25 to go back to be taught things that should have been taught to start with? :s what a silly thing to say. i even asked for another trainers details incase i did have any problems so i would atleast have somebody to ask rather than searching google and salon geek and was told only if i paid for training again!

the 2nd pair of tweezers were missing from my kit, i sat next to the trainer when she phoned up to say they were missing and asked to have them sent out. she also offered to give me hers and said she would just have the new ones (no, i'm honestly not joking!) so i wasn't waiting for the new ones to be delivered. like i said though mistakes happen, it's not the end of the world and they were sent out without a problem and life continued.

i haven't got any problems at all with any of the flirties products, or any other wow products as you know but my training was terrible. it really was, if other people are about to spend over £400 (which i don't know about you, but i personally think £400 is a lot of money) on training then i think they should be made well aware of problems others have had with their training. people who have had training should also feel like they are able to give their opinion and tell the truth without fear of backlash or being publicly embarassed (which i'm sure we all agree is what you was trying to do by implying i made no effort or bothered to listen and had no skill). at the end of the day, as far as embarassing me goes then keep on trying. i'm new to the lash extension world, i don't know everything about everything, i have alot to learn and to be honest i really don't mind who knows that... at the end of the day i'm in the exact same boat that many (if not all) of the therapists on this forum has at one time or other been in.x

I am sorry but you are obviously twisting things again......
no one is here to publicly "embarass" you...this is a public forum and we are all here to give professional advice and help for therapists to make the most of their treatments, learn tips and tricks and set up their business or improve techniques and as such Salongeek has become known not only in the UK but well respected for the professional advice and manners in which therapists post.
I would think if you have personal issues with the trainer (who had booked you in for free retraining this week which you have yet again declined) or missing items in teh kit provided a few months ago then feel free to call us in the office or send me a mail directly so that it can be sorted....simples!!!! :hug:

I feel it is only fair that I comment about my Training with Flirties my trainer being Kelly, Firstly my kit was fine it had in exactly what was listed nothing missing we went through it and I was told about each item & lash types. Kelly was thorough & helpful (still is to this day - if I need her). I didn't expect to be up & running applying full sets or diva lashes after 1 day training my assessment period lasted a couple of months I was quite lucky and had no end of volunteers for me to practice on. I also had an issue with the patch which after a couple of phone calls whilst with me I was told both methods could be used, my personal preference is to lash apply for client patch testing. I have the attitude that like any treatment we train in, learning is ongoing you cant expect to learn everything there is to know in 1 day. I do feel Lash training warrants more than a 1 day training course, but cant say I was not happy with the training I received.

well you have been told something that i wasn't told because i was told via pm that patch testing the way i was told was not a method that she would ever advise or teach and didn'thave a clue where i had got it from. yet you said she advised you that both were ok? :\ talk about being confused!

of course one day isn't enough and we should all be following up any training with our own research and reading upbut to not be told simple basics is just not right surely?

you got more than i did on your training because my lash pots were looked at, as was the rest of my equipment and i was read the manual and that was as far as it went. id on't understand if you had such great training what on earth happened to mine? :\
x

I am sorry but you are obviously twisting things again......
no one is here to publicly "embarass" you...this is a public forum and we are all here to give professional advice and help for therapists to make the most of their treatments, learn tips and tricks and set up their business or improve techniques and as such Salongeek has become known not only in the UK but well respected for the professional advice and manners in which therapists post.
I would think if you have personal issues with the trainer (who had booked you in for free retraining this week which you have yet again declined) or missing items in teh kit provided a few months ago then feel free to call us in the office or send me a mail directly so that it can be sorted....simples!!!! :hug:

why on earth would i twist something?

i have emailed you directly and you told me that i either pay for my training again or you can't help.

i said in my original message and several messages since that the item missing was replaced fine, no problem replacing it! i was actually making a + point that it was replaced straight away without a problem!

i wasn't booked in for free training. my trainer said to me that she runs meetings with other students and i was welcome to come along. i didn't agree or decline - i didn't see the point as i have no intention of going along as my original training was rubbish i'm not expecting a meeting to be any better. x

I think its only fair for me to say something here,

Heather you were given full and proper training on the day, You were told on the training the way to patch test and had it been recorded you would know, patch testing is covered in the manual when karen trained there was a big debate on here for patch testing so i checked with louise which way had been decided for patch testing and it is to place a couple of lashes on the outer corner of the eye as most people do prefer this way and its easy to do at the consultation.

You have been unhappy with every aspect of your training and vocal about it on here however you never had a problem with it at the time and actually ignored numerous phone calls from me including voicemails and text messages to check your progress and see if you needed further support, your reasons being that it was inconvenient for you to answer the phone - yes some of these calls were made at 8pm (as i also have a child and work) but the majority of calls were made during normal working hours, you have not once answered the phone to me or picked up the phone since your initial training,

Yes I have sent on other help sheets to help you in your confusion and have offered for you to shadow me and also come to me for additional training, i have offered for you to come to me this week free of charge to get your final case study done and also swap tips and tricks with 5 others eyelash techs that are meeting up for a lash day in manchester at my salon.

Yes there were a set of tweezers missing from your kit, i offered you to keep mine and your new ones would be delivered to you the next day too therefore you would have had a spare pair.

As for your certificate we do say that we give you 3 mths to complete and you are coming up to 5ths now, however no one has said you will not receive a certificate.

You clearly do have a problem that will never be satisfied as all that i want is for you is to be fully confident and competant in your technique I assume you are going to continue your vendetta against myself and flirties and i am sorry you feel that way but if you do have an issue surely its something that you would like to do privately?

Good luck with your career heather im sure with a good attitude and lots of practice you will go far.

However this thread was about someone else who was looking for training in semi permanent eyelash extensions so back to the point that there are lots of training courses coming up, do a search you will come across lots of companies such as flirties, nouveau, a h francis, xtreame and there are others, good luck angela x

there is no 'vendetta' at all. i am giving my opinion of my training as the original poster asked about lash training. i have had lash training with as you pointed out a 'fairly successful company' so was giving my opinion on my experience with them. no 'vendetta' no lies no whatever else - just the truth of my experience with them.

you say said company 'quite obviously was quite willing to help you out' but in all honesty you don't know, that's your own opinion - not fact. i was offered help yes for £25 to teach me what i should have originally been taught, that i paid over £400 which is what i have said.

as i said about my kit, equipment missing isn't the end of the world and it was fixed. that wasn't my problem. my problem was being taught incorrect methods aswell as not being taught the basics basics.

my giving my opinion isn't me having a 'vendetta' or me 'vent(ing) my spleen' it's me giving my opinion and saying why my opinion of y training is the way it is.
x

No .. your opinion would have been .. 'I myself did not have the best experience' ... not a diatribe of verbal diarrhoea including a load of unsubstantiated comments to which you have forced the company to defend.

Many people practice what YOU choose to call an incorect method. Much debate about it but YOU who according to your own profile are a professional at nothing, choose to call it incorrect.

Any more posts like this and you will recieve an infraction from the moderators. The site rules state no ranting and ranting is what you have been doing. Take the perfectly reasonable offer the company has made to you or, basically, shut up. I'm saving your butt by closing this thread otherwise I doubt you would shut up.

I'm sure we can recommned the flirties trainer to the original poster in the Cheshire/Liverpool area and hope that one non professional's opinion will not affect her choice. Appologies to the original poster for one person who has decided to use your post for her own ends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back