Eyelash extensions and spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauladee

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I'm doing eyelash extensions for a friend of mine on the 3rd Feb, and she would like a spray tan on the 6th Feb before she goes on holiday. Would the tan affect the lashes at all after 3 days?

Many Thanks

Paula

It would not affect the bond, if they are semi permanent singles. Do you teach your lash clients how to wash their lashes? I am guessing that there will be a coating of spray tan on the lashes, so a tiny bit of baby shampoo lathered up and used on the lashes and then rinsed should take care of that.

It would not affect the bond, if they are semi permanent singles. Do you teach your lash clients how to wash their lashes? I am guessing that there will be a coating of spray tan on the lashes, so a tiny bit of baby shampoo lathered up and used on the lashes and then rinsed should take care of that.

Thanks for your reply! I am only doing my eyelash extensions training in a couple weeks, so this friend will be one of my case studies, so didnt know about washing lashes. I have had mine done a couple of times and have never been told that, so interesting and good to know! :)

My clients who wash their lashes regularly shed them less quickly. I think it is because they are washing the skin oils off, and not allowing them (the skin oils) to break down the glue bond.

My clients who wash their lashes regularly shed them less quickly. I think it is because they are washing the skin oils off, and not allowing them (the skin oils) to break down the glue bond.

Well I never even considered that!!
I assumed it would be better to avoid cleaning them.
Thanks for sharing :)
I love learning new lil bits of info on here x

Eyelash addict, you have taught me so many usful tips over the past few days. I'm glad I have a previous knowledge before going to my training :-D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

You learn something new everyday. Have a new client tomorrow for EE, shall be informing her and everyone else that baby shampoo can be used to wash lashes. Thank you:)) xx

You are all most welcome. I am more than happy to share.

Latest posts

Back