Eyelash Extensions for Holiday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sazr

Reaction score
Hi there,

I was wondering if Eyelash Extensions would "fall off" if applied for a holiday abroad? Thought there might be an issue with the glue melting/softening, etc

It's a service I'd like to possibly offer in the future and thought my holiday this year would be a good time to "test-drive" them....

Thanks
Sarah

As long as you get them fitted a few days before you go away so the adhesive has time to fully cure before been in the heat they should be fine,
you have to follow all after care care to letter,
no wet make up near them, foundation, eyeliner etc,
all make up needs to be dry powders,
don't get any sun lotion on them,
be careful your eye cream does not come into contact with them,
avoid any oils near them like the plague and you will be fine,
you can go swimming etc but rinse your eyes with clean water after and use the brush your therapist should give you to brush the lashes into place before they dry, hth

I totally agree with Loubylou, especially with holidays in the sun/heat it is very important to look after your lashes, but WOW do they make you feel better when you come out of the pool and you can flicker your lashes rather than feeling all "naked" (without make up) as usual.
I have noticed that the suntan lotion does "crawl" so make sure to stay away from the lashes to make sure they dont get any oil on and best is to use the sealant morning and evening to give the extensions the best protection there is but with that you should be fine....
and enjoy your holidays!!!! :hug:

I was on holiday a few weeks ago with some friends and at least 5 of us had them done, and not one had a problem.
They were great for nights. We all used eyeshadow as eyeliner and we arent exactly the most careful bunch in relation to aftercare, (especially after a night out) But our were all fabulous.

Thanks for the replies - that's put my mind at rest! I ALWAYS have on eyeliner (or powder as eyeliner) and mascara, and its not always practical on holidays - was hoping the lashes could keep my eyes looking gorge... but was a little worried they'd fall off LOL!

Can't wait to try them out

X

As long as you get them fitted a few days before you go away so the adhesive has time to fully cure before been in the heat they should be fine,
you have to follow all after care care to letter,
no wet make up near them, foundation, eyeliner etc,
all make up needs to be dry powders,
don't get any sun lotion on them,
be careful your eye cream does not come into contact with them,
avoid any oils near them like the plague and you will be fine,
you can go swimming etc but rinse your eyes with clean water after and use the brush your therapist should give you to brush the lashes into place before they dry, hth

Yes go swimming and see how long they really last! even with the worlds strongest (black market, non CE super fume!) glue, they dont like pool chemicals and they dont like salt. a few days in and out.

Su x

Yes go swimming and see how long they really last! even with the worlds strongest (black market, non CE super fume!) glue, they dont like pool chemicals and they dont like salt. a few days in and out.

Su x

Flirties adhesive is not any of the above remarks you have made,
it is ce appoved, medical grade and has no fumes.

Su x

We were all in a water park, swimming every day. On jet skis etc and ours were all fine. I am definatly going to get them again next time i go away.

Flirties adhesive is not any of the above remarks you have made,
it is ce appoved, medical grade and has no fumes.

I have never said that it was, can see a section where I say this?

Can you tell me 100% the country of origin of your glue. as you do know where most of the (even the CE) ones come from.

Su x

I know from previous private conversations we have had, that you have a problem with myself and flirties,
although you have never met me, or had any dealings with me other than our Pm's where i tried to asked you what it was that i seem to have done wrong to you as you are always very hostile towards me,
yes i could answer your question but i don't see why i should waste my information on people who treat me like you do,
which is a shame as i usually bend over backwards to help people or answer their questions.

I am asking a simple question, please can you tell me where you glue/adhesive is made. I feel people need to know this. I have see people being (Hoodwinked) on other posts, stating a glue and then going on about the marketing stuff they have been fed about poor quality glue and the location it is made in. (you are not allowed to seel directly on here, but this is just used as a WOW sales site) I have no problem with wow, I just speak what I see and know.

I know where a lot of the tanning soutions are made, and the T100/T200. we know where that comes from, and I know the dodgy voltage problem was untrue.

I feel people deserve the truth, without being warned and banned.

ps on a side note, how busy is your good self, just looking at your post count, you must have a fair bit of time virtually tanning and training, I dont know how you het the time.. HTH HTH HTH

Su x

If you were asking for a genuine reason other than to cause trouble i would answer your questions,
as it stands i am too busy to play your silly little game, end of :rolleyes:

for what its worth i value all opionions and have found lou very imformitave in the past, all i want to know is the best glue to use for my clients i dont like hollywood believe it or not so has anyone any ideas for me pls thanks:hug:

i use flirties and love it, the best thing is to try diff glues and see what you prefer fro yourself. everyone has their own opinions.

as for louise i have never experienced her being pushy and/ or hard selling flirties in anyway. She gives her opinions and advice just as everyone else does.

as for the flirties glue, i have done loads of lashes for people who have gone on holiday and only ever had 1 person come back with few left on, this was due to not following after care, suncreams and makeup etc.

everyone who has bought the sealent have come back happy for regular maintenance appts.

This i believe was because i had excellent training with a great brand. Just my personal opinion.

Hi there,

I was wondering if Eyelash Extensions would "fall off" if applied for a holiday abroad? Thought there might be an issue with the glue melting/softening, etc

It's a service I'd like to possibly offer in the future and thought my holiday this year would be a good time to "test-drive" them....

Thanks
Sarah

Hi there, being on holiday certainly will put your lash extensions under more pressure, just because of the things we get up to on holiday, (suncreams, aftersun lotions, swimming etc). I think that it is possible to keep them looking good, but def more care is needed, and excessive swimming can weaken the bond, whatever company brand is used. Certainly for the first24/48 hrs you need to not get them wet, so maybe have them done a couple of days before.
As for thinking about offering the service in the future, I would def go for it! I adore doing lash extensions! I do not work or train for a lash company, so am speaking purely and honestly from a professional, working therapist point of view. :hug:
Have a go with them, although beware, you may become a lash addict:lol:

thanks guys i am going to try flirties where do i get them,?, best place and can i get them as i am hollywood trained ?thanks again:hug:

p.s. sorry thats a bit disjointed, getting excited!!

Last edited:
Hi there, being on holiday certainly will put your lash extensions under more pressure, just because of the things we get up to on holiday, (suncreams, aftersun lotions, swimming etc). I think that it is possible to keep them looking good, but def more care is needed, and excessive swimming can weaken the bond, whatever company brand is used. Certainly for the first24/48 hrs you need to not get them wet, so maybe have them done a couple of days before.
As for thinking about offering the service in the future, I would def go for it! I adore doing lash extensions! I do not work or train for a lash company, so am speaking purely and honestly from a professional, working therapist point of view. :hug:
Have a go with them, although beware, you may become a lash addict:lol:

Thanks for all your replies, and information it's totally made my mind up for me - I can definitely see myself becoming addicted!! I wear strip lashes alot, and I'm sure once I've had the extensions there will be no going back for me - super excited to get them done.

I can definitely see it becoming a big market for me, it's just trying to find the time to fit in all these treatments - although I can't complain about being kept busy :0)

xXx

Just wanted to say that i trained with Louise from Flirties and she has been really helpful, even when i text her at half 9 at night with a problem. Thanks Louise and if i was you i'd ignore any sly replies you get to your advice. It's alright being cocky on here but people maybe a bit different face to face. xx

Hey
I am a technician for Lash BeLong lashes and use their glue. My most recent client went on holiday for 20 days and they stayed in the whole time AND looked great, she kept them on for about 2 weeks after the holiday too. She had them done the weekend before she went out AND she told me she went swimming EVERY DAY! (She used to be a swimmer for the county!)
Good luck!
PS: I feel the thicker the glue you apply to the lashes, the longer they stay on and the more they look like mascara!
C

Wow, I am new to salon geek and am shocked about the peti arguments people are starting on here, there are far more worse things in life, honest! Now I am worried about the glue, CE Produced? Is the glue made harmful then?:cry:
Help, thank-you

Latest posts

Back