Eyelash Extensions/Tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question.
For those of you who trained in semi-permanent lash extension course, without any prior training in eyelash tinting. Was eyelash tinting added to your extensions course or did you have to train seperately?
If seperately then where did you do your tinting course?
I have seen a few places that train in the tinting, but the courses include other things too, meaning they are quite expensive (about the same as the lash extensions training).
Do you find most people don't need their eyelashes tinted prior to fitting lash extensions?
I am in scotland by the way.

Thanks,
Jen x

Hi

When I did my training I asked the trainer to add tinting on at the end of the day. Obviously this was at an extra cost. It wasn't part of extension training. Most of the theory was the same.

I know quite a few people that do extensions don't offer tinting too but I have definitely found it helpful. If someone has fair eyelashes they're easier to see and it looks nicer to have darker natural lashes against the extensons.

HTH Lx

NSI do a tinting and perming course. Otherwise the carlton institue do a tinting course on its own.

Thanks, I have had a look at a few of the training courses mentioned for the tinting.
The NSI one looks good as I can use the ILA to pay for it. Will give them a phone once they are back open to check if I am eligable, as I'm not sure I meet the requirements for the course.

Thanks for all your suggestions, and if their are any more then please let me know.

Jen x

Hi Jen,

I find that a lot of clients dont need their lashes tinting with extensions as they are dark and if you use black adhesive it darkens the appearance anyway but if you have clients with really fair lashes then its definitely worth tinting the lashes.

Most trainers will be able to show you how even if its just their own practice and not an accredited course but nevertheless you will be able to use that for the odd client that needs her lashes tinting before applying the extensions.
:hug:

the girls with very very blonde lashes dont need tinting before
its ok, you really dont need to, and the before and after pictures are wonderful to see the difference, of the white lashes turning into long black lashes, gorgeous.
i remember having my lashes tinted before getting lashed, and it really was unserssary, it made my eyes very sore and i thought its just another thing to add to irritate the skin.

Posted via Mobile Device

you can do the tinting on its own at nsi, and you might not need it for lash extensions but think its a good thing to be able to offer

its ok, you really dont need to, and the before and after pictures are wonderful to see the difference, of the white lashes turning into long black lashes, gorgeous.
i remember having my lashes tinted before getting lashed, and it really was unserssary, it made my eyes very sore and i thought its just another thing to add to irritate the skin.

This is not true, I am sorry about this. I agree with the other poster if the lashes are so fine blonde/grey they are far better to be tinted first.

This is 100% correct

1 the lashes look better

2 how ever good your eyes are (I dont care if they are 20/20 and you fly a 747) you will see the lashes for separation better.

3, I dont understand how you can say this.

Su x

I have dark lashes but they're not black but i would definitely tint my eyelashes before applying any lash extensions.
You can do a half day course at a lot of places and to be honest, it's not rocket science so it would make sense to do both courses :)

Thanks ladies for all your comments, I actually ended up on a tinting course today (very last minute) so now all I need to do is get my kit and do my case studies.
Next step is booking the lash course :) xx

when a lady comes back for her infills her new lil baby hairs are still very blonde, do you usually tint them again before the infil?
because you have that problem again no

when a lady comes back for her infills her new lil baby hairs are still very blonde, do you usually tint them again before the infil?
because you have that problem again no

I agree with you Laura.
Also, tinting and applying lashes on the same day can be to much "stimulation" (for want of a better word) for the eyes. How likely is it that clients will have the time or inclination to come in on one day for a tint, then another day for their lashes? Not many! Oh, and they would also have to come in another time for a patch test for their tint! I for one as a client would not have the time to do three visits for one treatment! Oh and I am blond, with fair lashes and wear gorgeous set of lash extensions, without a prior tint! Id be very interested to hear from any full time lashers that always do a prior tint, and how much differance you feel it makes. Thanks:hug:

I agree with you Laura.
Also, tinting and applying lashes on the same day can be to much "stimulation" (for want of a better word) for the eyes. How likely is it that clients will have the time or inclination to come in on one day for a tint, then another day for their lashes? Not many! Oh, and they would also have to come in another time for a patch test for their tint! I for one as a client would not have the time to do three visits for one treatment! Oh and I am blond, with fair lashes and wear gorgeous set of lash extensions, without a prior tint! Id be very interested to hear from any full time lashers that always do a prior tint, and how much differance you feel it makes. Thanks:hug:

Dont agree with both of you, but as they say each to their own....tint and lash right away.... but only on the very blonde, fine or grey.

Su x

i also use a black tape whilst lashing my very blonde ladies so i can really see very clearly

Really Laura, thats a good idea, I never thought of that, where do you buy the black tape from? As some clients can be allergic to tints, its a good alternative option.

Thank you

i was taught no tint and lash on the same day, they said 24hours prior to lashing.
Black tape never thought of that laura, where from? x

Hiya!

I was thinking of doing the tinting course also, where did you go? I'm in Glasgow thanks x

Only the unskilled will say there is no need to tint, a trained expert will do this. There is nothing like an elderly lady with very light lashes having a tint before hand.

Yes we can talk about what the infils will be like all day long. But on the outset fixing jet black lashes to grey or light brown never looks good from the initial appointment.

I have friends in your area and the internet in a small place, I for one have been doing this in the UK and USA for many years and never had an infection.

I have never had this is the countless years, my friend knows a lady in Billericay who posts on another forum who is always having eye problems, this cant be a coincidence, but she gets them all the time, she must be doing something wrong.

She lives in this town and has lost clients because of this scare, really sad.

Su x

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, just a quick question.
For those of you who trained in semi-permanent lash extension course, without any prior training in eyelash tinting. Was eyelash tinting added to your extensions course or did you have to train seperately?
If seperately then where did you do your tinting course?
I have seen a few places that train in the tinting, but the courses include other things too, meaning they are quite expensive (about the same as the lash extensions training).
Do you find most people don't need their eyelashes tinted prior to fitting lash extensions?
I am in scotland by the way.

Thanks,
Jen x

hiya x yes tinting looks better. in the begining..... but as lashes grow tint is no longer! so when u do infills .... well u cant tint over an extension so... i tend not to tint unless asked..let them see what the effect is like on a permanent basis.. unless of course its a one off for a special occasion and infills arnt required then yes Always, especialy on fair lashes x i charge a minimal cost if its with the extensions.. sallys salon services do a day course as do dennis williams. here not sure if you have in your area, but sallys have a online shop with training info and they are everywhere. the one here covers lash perming and tinting xx not that expensive either

Latest posts

Back