Eyelash/Eyebrow Enhancments...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
hi peeps i know this is not nails related, but im really excited im doing an Eyebrow/Eyelash Enhancement course on thursday which ive waited ages to do but also very nervous, a friend of mine who used to do beauty said that it was one of the hardest things she did, and had to practice constantly. Has anyone else got any views on learning this treatment, as with all things it takes practice but think i may be going in blind lol! as im expecting it to be quite easy to do (or maybe im just hoping that) x x x x

Hi!

I've done the course for eyelashes!! I find it dead easy!!! They look fantabulos aswell!!
Not done the eyebrow one though! Sound interesting, where are you doing it?
Tilly Ann xx

What on earth is eyebrow enhancement?

I had my eyelashes done for my sisters wedding and I loved them!

It didn't seem very complicated to me when she put them on and it only took her about fifteen minutes.

Do you mean tinting and false eyelashes etc...?

If so i found it quite easy. Bit fiddly with false lashes but i really enjoyed it!

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

hi ya i found it quite easy...but yes it is fiddly!!!!

Just make sure your client DOESNT open her mince pies and you will be fine!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Kelly - are you doing the perming/tinting package similar to the one I did?

If so then it's really not as hard as you think :) I was thrown in the deep end a bit, my mum came to model due to an odd number of girls in the group and both she and I have very straight, stubborn lashes that go off at odd angles, so we had to use quite a lot of glue, but they looked fabbo in the end. It's a little fiddly to start with and if you can quite a few guinea pigs with different lengths/thickness of lashes then you'll get the hang of it more quickly. The perming is by far the hardest but it's not difficult so much as fiddly, and practise is really the key. The winding the lashes onto the roller is the hardest but once that's mastered the application of the solutions is easy as pie!

Tinting is easy peasy so long as you are careful not to get tint onto the skin, and also avoid slopping too much about onto the paper as the colour does seep a bit and too much colour on the paper can gradually creep off the paper and onto the skin!

I'd certainly say that in no way are any of the treatments nearly as hard as nail extensions!! My mum was just the model for me, and only saw half the treatment being done as by the time she turned up the trainer was halfway through demo-ing on me, and she managed to re-do my perm for me the other day absolutely fine.

Hi ya, to be honest im not entirely sure what the course consists of i know for definate it contains eyelash tinting but it is called eylash/eyebrow enhancements im doing it at Salon Express in Chelmsford i certainly let you know how i get on, were working on each other in the class so hopefully ill still be able to see so i can type lol xx

Brow shape, lash and brow tinting, eylash perming and false eyelash application all spring to mind when you way lash and brow enchancments to me.

As all the other Geeks said its more fiddly stuff than difficult. You have to be patient, get everything as correct as possible by being careful and methodical and Bobs your uncle..

With everything, its all practise. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine.

ADiva1 said:
Brow shape, lash and brow tinting, eylash perming and false eyelash application all spring to mind when you way lash and brow enchancments to me..

I'm trying to get on a course down here in bristol, but they keep being cancelled due to low numbers. When I was over in New York at Easter I saw lots of places advertising eyelash extensions but they cost a fortune - nearly £150 a time!!! Haven't seen any courses doing this over here.

Its a good investment, you will soon make your money back. The longest treatment would be the eyelash perm - about 45 minutes and you can get about £30 per treatment., you can also offer a manicure whilst the person is waiting for the perm to be processed - lying on your couch!

sugarbabe said:
I'm trying to get on a course down here in bristol, but they keep being cancelled due to low numbers. When I was over in New York at Easter I saw lots of places advertising eyelash extensions but they cost a fortune - nearly £150 a time!!! Haven't seen any courses doing this over here.

I rang Capital the other day about this and they have a session in May...they have one person booked so far. Do you know how many they need for the course to run ...and if the course isn't running how much notice do they give?

Thanks in advance.

My Capital ran the course with three of us, and one girl was only there for the perming part, not the whole day, but I'm not sure if it varies from store to store??

its all easy peasy. eye lash tiniting is difficult on older clients though because their skin isnt as firm! and it is hard to remove the tint... you will see what i mean when you do it!!!

eyelash extentions are easiest with a pair of pointed tweezers, the others are just too bulky. i dont find it fiddly at all with the right tools!

eye brow shaping takes some skill however, you have to have an eye for it to be good at it. anyone can pluck hairs from someones face, but it takes experience and a good eye to get perfect brows!! waxing or threading is best for this anyway!

xxxx

hello everyone on here! I am new to the UK and am thrilled that eyelash extensions are as popular here as they are in the USA. i was, diesappointed with the quality of the kits that local distibutors sell the kits though. the ones that sell good products are so expensive. i now order from www.lash-envy.com and and very impressed. they are a wonderful company to deal with and the products are amazing. i love their glue, it ries quickly and it doe not clump. if you've been searching for a new source from your suplplies i would definitely give them a try. the only bad thing is that they are in australia, but i usually receive my order within 2 weeks. i get my entire refill kit for less than 125pounds. with this kit i can usually cater over 200 customers for complete sets. good luck everyone!!!!

Which lash company did you train with Dreamgurl?
KxXx

I trained with Lavish Lashes in the United States. They have great training over there. i was continued to use their products even after my training. but they are not cheap. after shipping and taxes, i used to pay around 95 american dollars for just the glue. anyways, after i moved to the uk, i have been ordering from lash envy. love them!!!!! they came highly recommended from a friend who own a salon in spain. while she was in New York, she had lash extensions done...... she paid $400US for her set. when the application was finished, she saw that the glue and the lashes used on her were from a company called lash envy, so when she got back home, she contacted them to see if she could place an order. she has been using them in her salon since. and now I use them too. you can check them out at www.lash-envy.com

Hi,

ABX beauty products retail the longer life coating product aswell as the mascaras. They are located in Scotland.

Angie.B.

Hi,

I trained with ABX Beauty products.
I found their training very informative and enjoyable.
Their product produces really good results. It is not that expensive initially given what you have to pay for some courses and you can recoup that cost very quickly as you will be charging approx £100 - £150 per set of lashes that take 90 mins to apply. Much more rewarding financially than nails.
www.abxbeautyproducts.com

good luck

Angie.B.

Angie B,

thanx for the info ABX beauty products. I just checked them out, but they are are a lot more expensive than what I have been paying. I would prefer to order locally since when I order from www.lash-envy.com I usually have to wait around 12 days for my order to arrive since they are in Australia. But I think I will continue to order from Lash Envy since I will be able to sell them to my clients at a more affordable price. Right now I pay around 15 pounds for the coating from lashenvy and ABX charge 22pounds. That is a pretty big difference for me when I still have to sell to my clients. The only bad thing about ordering so far is that I do have to make sure I place my orders before I sell out, otherwise I have to wait over a week for my order. But i usually order 10-20 of them at a time so I dont have to pay for shipping as often. Hope this helps other people trying to reduce their expenses. You should try their lashes too, they're thicker so it makes it easier to handle and faster to apply. also, it creates a thicker look. very nice.

i have an interesting observation to share with all you wonderful ladies on here. i read the threads by angieb and decided to contact ABX. when I emailed ABX a few weeks ago requesting for information the email I got back was from someone named ANGIE. coincidence? or is the owner of ABX on here advertising for her site on here? this site is supposed to be for honest unbiased opinions. it could very well be a coincidence, but i no longer find any credibility in what AngieB claims about ABX. so for all you people out there looking for training be careful of who you select and who you buy your supplies from.

Latest posts

Back