Eyelashes falling off :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jade - portia

Reaction score
why are my semi permanent eyelash extensions falling off after a week :confused: what am i doing wrong :(

How many are falling off?

Talk us through what you do at each step and we can assess whether there may be anywhere that would reduce adhesion x

Do you use a primer? a sealant? and most importantly what glue are you using? xx

How many are falling off?

Talk us through what you do at each step and we can assess whether there may be anywhere that would reduce adhesion x

hun talk us through it. do u use primer. what glue. do you use sealer. are you u have properly isolated. also bare in mind not everyone looks after their.lash extensions like they should. my one clients lashs fell out after 12 days. i wasnt happy or convinced she was telling the truth. so i used my mum, someone i trust to do exactly as i say. i did no fills to see how long they would last.... she had about 16 lashes on one eye and 28 when i removed them 5 or 6 weeks later. proved to me it was the individual and/or aftercare that was the problem not my products or application x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

The products I've been using are lashbase b curls, lash emporium glue and lashbase primer but I've not used sealer yet.

I feel pretty confident isolating the lashes, although I feel I might be putting the lashes on the longer length ones because I'm struggle to isolate the smaller ones. I'm also thinking my bonding might not be too good so any time tips to improve that would be appreciated.

I feel like I'm using the right amount of glue although it has become really tacky, clumpy and stringy and I only opened it at the end of September. I have bought some flirties glue and I'll be using that on the client that is coming this evening. I've also bought some flirties sealent and I'll be using that this evening too.

:wink2:

Thanks for all the help :eek:

The products I've been using are lashbase b curls, lash emporium glue and lashbase primer but I've not used sealer yet.

I feel pretty confident isolating the lashes, although I feel I might be putting the lashes on the longer length ones because I'm struggle to isolate the smaller ones. I'm also thinking my bonding might not be too good so any time tips to improve that would be appreciated.

I feel like I'm using the right amount of glue although it has become really tacky, clumpy and stringy and I only opened it at the end of September. I have bought some flirties glue and I'll be using that on the client that is coming this evening. I've also bought some flirties sealent and I'll be using that this evening too.

:wink2:

Thanks for all the help :eek:

where do you store your glue? x

Hi proper princess - I keep the glue in my case with all my other equipment. I didn't realise you had to keep it upright, which I realised after reading the forum. Now it is still in my case but I've wedged it upright in the corner :wink2:

Other aspect to maybe bear in mind is how old is your glue? We had an issue about a year ago as we had one therapists equipment that unfortunately included an older jar of glue that had been overlooked. Soon rectified the situation by throwing it in the bin and got her a new one.

I would go down the route of what ProperPrincess has said and do a trial or two on close friends or relatives to test the outcome in a 'controlled environment'.

My glue does not stay upright in my box? I use lash emporium always have, i ordered another last week and have noticed the glue starting too already show signs of it being "old"

Hmmm!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I used the Flirties glue last night and it went on really well, so I'm pleased about that :)

I also used the Flirties sealant for the first time but I'm a bit confused how to apply that as it doesn't have the mascara wand - I know that you have to be aware of cross contamination between clients so how do others apply it?

Oh and just to add - the mascara wands I use wouldn't fit in the bottle neck so using a new wand for each client isn't an option.

I used the Flirties glue last night and it went on really well, so I'm pleased about that :)

I also used the Flirties sealant for the first time but I'm a bit confused how to apply that as it doesn't have the mascara wand - I know that you have to be aware of cross contamination between clients so how do others apply it?

Oh and just to add - the mascara wands I use wouldn't fit in the bottle neck so using a new wand for each client isn't an option.

Flirties sell fab little plastic pots perfect for putting small ammounts of glue, sealer, primer etc in xx

Im more concerned about the temperature. If it is in your case do you leave your case anywhere? My conservatory is a beauty.room... I learnt the hard way. Also it could get hot in a car. Or in.a steamy kitchen?. Still don't put it in the fridge but it needs to be cool and dry. I take mine out of my case aafter each appointment and put it away under my bed! I don't know why. Im weird. But i know.its.cool, dry n dark. I always shake my glue for.about a.minute..i opened my current glue 3 weeks ago and i have no problems. I store my flirties like this also xxx

I.brush sealant over each lash and then clean the brush with an alcohol wipe before i put it back in. I think sealant is more of a retail product. But i still use it at the end.of each application and fill xxx

I don't use sealer any more but I used the Flirties one for a while.

The disposable mascara wands seem like they won't fit but they do. It's a tight fit but it's actually quite good as any excess sealant is squeezed out of the wand as you pull it out of the bottle.

I do use a new blob of glue halfway through application as it does go off a bit.

Are you swiping the false lash with it's glue applied along the real lash at least 3 times before letting it sit alongside?

Latest posts

Back