Ezflow users

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raya

Reaction score
hi have done two rebalances using my ezflow products with whom i have just rebranded clients nails looked until i started to file around cutlicle area and it just kept coming off! almost half up the nail on some could cry as trying so hard took me 2 hours in end and was struggling what am i doing wrong!!

Ok breathe hun.

When you started filing, where did you start?

My bottom dollar is on zone 3! No, if you if you look at the nail as a whole and straight away file off problem areas, you would be as well soak off.

Ok, deep breath and lets look at the nail, the length needs reduced, zone 1 thinned and zone 3 replaced.

Look at any lifting and take a mental note to ask about how they have coped, if you see anything that could be down to you take it on the chin, just repair it.

Ok we have looked, assessed and now we rebalance.

Start always at zone 1 thin the white right down, pretty much leave zone 2 alone and then zone 3. If you see any lifting DO NOT file on top of it, this is when you chase the line which leads you A; more time and B: unnecessary work.

Take your file and holding it flat file BELOW the lifting in clean(gentle, as the product has lifted anyway) swipes, do that for a few swipes and it will pop off. Sounds mad but it does.:)

Then prep, replace your white and zone 3 and there you go.

I think a lot of techs stress too much about this but it is painless, I know because I WAS one of them, not now.

hths :green:
Blimey, I have just been hypnotised! So at rebalance do you just replace zone 1 and 3...how do they meet in the middle? I'm well out of date!!!!!

I wasn't being critical but when I rebalance I always replace zones 1, 2 and 3 not just 1 and 3.

The way you described the rebalance was quite hypnotic and interesting, I did not mean it in an offensive way....best go back to Mafia Wars!

hi ya.....when you rebalanced did you do a full prep?? if the product has started to come away so soon as when you have started filing it does not sound like it had bonded with the natural nail at all. have another look at your prep methods and make sure you did not make any contact with skin. I would then go on to filing the nail....i have found gigis book a fantastic guide for me in this area....i start in zone 1 ...assess it and correct anything that needs it....ie smile line placement/ length...then go on to zone 2 and check for any side wall lifting and check apex placement then on to zone 3.

I have had training from 2 product providers....both CND and ezflow ...and yes there are different methods of doing things but i think i benefit from that.....i choose for myself the bits that i think work well for me and help make my servce a better one.....have a look at some of the tutorials that are on the site i am sure you will find them benificial.

Fi i am pretty sure both you and cathie use CND products xxxx

hi have done two rebalances using my ezflow products with whom i have just rebranded clients nails looked until i started to file around cutlicle area and it just kept coming off! almost half up the nail on some could cry as trying so hard took me 2 hours in end and was struggling what am i doing wrong!!

My first question is what EzFlow system are you using HD or Q&A?
If it is HD then you need to make sure you get the dry mix 1:1 mix ratio bang on or you could have lifting problems!!
I know I did the first few times I used it :eek: and I was an experienced Tech and knew my prep and application were spot on. ;)

If it is Q&A you are using then it may well be a prep or application problem, but we would need more information from you about that to help.

You definitely need to find out the cause of the lifting as 2 hour maintenance appointments will be totally draining both on your energy levels and takings lol!

I think being able to hypnotise people would be a great attribute for an Educator lol, it certainly made me smile. Maybe Cathie was watching the Mentalist or Derren Brown whilst posting lol I know she would not mean to offend....we old dinosaurs on here never do :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I had this with ezflow. turned out I wanst putting enough product on z3 filing too harsly and working a bit wet, corect this and bobs your uncle !

I used the primerless HD but I use a universal non acid primer, works wonders, and before you say it absoultly NO service breakdown ! Just to answer the next question from everyone, why bother using a primerless system then bung on a primer, I use HD because I find it stays really clear and I like the consistancy and the fact that it gives me longer to perfect smile lines

I had this with ezflow. turned out I wanst putting enough product on z3 filing too harsly and working a bit wet, corect this and bobs your uncle !

I used the primerless HD but I use a universal non acid primer, works wonders, and before you say it absoultly NO service breakdown ! Just to answer the next question from everyone, why bother using a primerless system then bung on a primer, I use HD because I find it stays really clear and I like the consistancy and the fact that it gives me longer to perfect smile lines

Most companies don't use the phrase primerless preferring to say 'primer optional' to let people know that there would be no problem if they did use primer but they don't actually have to.

I will double check but I am sure ezflow promote as a primerless system, but what ever the company's advertise doesnt actually have anything to do with orignal post i was just adding a tip from one tech to another.

I will double check but I am sure ezflow promote as a primerless system, but what ever the company's advertise doesnt actually have anything to do with orignal post i was just adding a tip from one tech to another.

As was I lol:lol:
When I was an Educator for EzFlow we always said primer optional, although the printed marketing material always said primerless....go figure :rolleyes:
...........but as you say we had better not digress too much from the main topic about why she is getting the maintenance from hell to do because of lifting ;).....and you and I are on the same page here putting it down to mix ratio if it is HD.

hi girls, thank you for all your time, so are you saying prep nail, use dehydrator twice around the cuticle area, dont use the primer? (or are you saying use not an ezflow primer but one that has no acid- where do i get that?) then make the z3 bead drier? any tips on holding my file angle - thank you i really feel down about it all, also i put another bead on about my p&w as done another hellish rebalance and a line was still showing, is it because i havent filed enough of the old product awayxx if i master this on the back of your all your advice will love you all forever!!xx

As was I lol:lol:
When I was an Educator for EzFlow we always said primer optional, although the printed marketing material always said primerless....go figure :rolleyes:
...........but as you say we had better not digress too much from the main topic about why she is getting the maintenance from hell to do because of lifting ;).....and you and I are on the same page here putting it down to mix ratio if it is HD.

sorry if it sounded like I jumped on you !x I have read a few post the last couple of days and I think that the run up to christmas is making some people very fickle about what others are saying, one opion out of place and bang the boxing gloves are on again ! ( I dont mean you! x ) so I might have been a bit quick with my reply re tips for other techs ! x

ANYHOOOOO, I think, work dryer, wipe your brush 3 (poss 4 if you are needing a small bead )times on the edge of the dapen dish pick up a bead, settle on the nail, wipe brush on a wipe to remove excess monomer ( !!!yep I really do do this !)push on to nail then and pull away from the cuticle, then press press press to make sure it adhears to the nail, if you still have prob try primer, I just use a universal acid free one as this is what I had in my bag when I needed a primer xxx

hi girls, thank you for all your time, so are you saying prep nail, use dehydrator twice around the cuticle area, dont use the primer? (or are you saying use not an ezflow primer but one that has no acid- where do i get that?) then make the z3 bead drier? any tips on holding my file angle - thank you i really feel down about it all, also i put another bead on about my p&w as done another hellish rebalance and a line was still showing, is it because i havent filed enough of the old product awayxx if i master this on the back of your all your advice will love you all forever!!xx

TELL US WHAT YOU ARE USING!!!! :lol: :lol::lol:

If it is High Definition (HD) it sould be just as simple as sorting out your mix ratio. (yes go drier with ALL your beads not just zone 3 lol)
As regards primer...IF you are going to use one use the EzFlow one which is a methacrylic acid based primer, I wouldn't use an acid free one with EzFlow products
Regarding the filing in a rebalalnce...check out the tutorials on site it is all there courtesy of Gigi!
Hope this helps.......keep going you are almost there !!!!!

i am almost there that is what is the pain staking thing about it, im gonna take all your advice on hand, im using hd power with q monomer, ezflow dehyd and ezflow prim, still bit confuzed bout primer should i carry on with it seems to be some say yey and some no the advice youve all given me is fab thanks you so muchxxx will let you know my success stories from now on i hope xx

i am almost there that is what is the pain staking thing about it, im gonna take all your advice on hand, im using hd power with q monomer, ezflow dehyd and ezflow prim, still bit confuzed bout primer should i carry on with it seems to be some say yey and some no the advice youve all given me is fab thanks you so muchxxx will let you know my success stories from now on i hope xx

personaly I would carry on with the primer for the time being, remember only a tiny bit, dab the brush on to a wipe, you have to almost think its not enough ! once you have had a couple of sets that your happy with have ago without primer x

thanks again for your time helping me xx

Hi if using Q monomer you will need to continue to use the EzFlow primer, The primer optional bit of Hd is contained in the monomer not the powder, Hope this Helps x

Do you know what, I think because there are 2 different systems and we are bombarding you with different suggestion I think you would be better to phone EZFlow, I had a teething problem, I spent 10 mins on the phone with Georgie wey hey no more probs ( touch wood !)

Latest posts

Back