Facebook hijacking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
Im am freaking furious! I just saw a pix posted by the owner of a salon that i worked at for like 6 months. The person she has working there has a picture that i DID on a flyer says its "nails by her" Im shaking Im so angry. i comments and wrote "thats my picture and those are "m" nails". M being the client. I have every nerve to call her when the shop opens and ask her to take it down. I cant even write this is so mad. Especially when Im trying to build my new business and she's trying to claim my work! At least the person in the picture is a friend and can attest to the fact that yes i did those. Whats so bad is that just last week this same photo was my page profile picture! Did she think id not see this?

ah hun i feel for you this happened to me last year splashed all over facebook, thing is can this other girl do nails as well as you can it might benefit you , it has me hads another client from there today cause her nails wasn't up to scratch !!!

Dig your heels in everyone who had thier nails done by you will know it's your work xx

Well thing is that she was fired from a plugace a few years ago and they hired me to replace her. Now 4 years later she's working where i worked. Ok so the owner of the salon as a very sweet old lady so Im going to call her up and see what she says about her nail techs deception. Hopefully she will be as shocked as i am. But Im going to privatize all my photos today and threat with a cease and desist letter.

That is why I visibly watermark all of my pics. No matter who "borrows" them, they still have my name right across the middle of the pic.
You know that on the page with the pic on it, you can go to the bottom of the page and click on "report picture" and claim it as you intellectual work.

im sorry for you . this happens to me on a weekly basis, i report them and send them an e mail and ask them politely to remove them. someone also stole my name and my pics and tecs are always stealing my wording from my web site. they are untalented and have no imagination for themselves and are just annoying little TW___S xxx

That is why I visibly watermark all of my pics. No matter who "borrows" them, they still have my name right across the middle of the pic.

Excellent advice! :)

I agree on the watermark idea! I upload to facebook straight from my iPhone AFTER I use an application that watermarks the picture. It gives me piece of mind when I decide to share my work with others.

Watermarking a great idea. I get the opposite. I get tagged in nail photo's all the time on my page (as a sub dist for NHUK) and I often get asked how I achieved a certain look. Then have to explain it is not MY work lol :green:

So annoying, I have started watermarking my pics now, but upload to my desktop then do it in Photoshop

I agree on the watermark idea! I upload to facebook straight from my iPhone AFTER I use an application that watermarks the picture. It gives me piece of mind when I decide to share my work with others.

Could u tell me what app u use for this please :)

ooh yes me too please , lol

My dear friend, whom I didn't hear from long :hug: Ruth Mills (hi Ruth! :hug:)
shared this with us some time ago... hth

Salon Alchemy Watermark

I use the iPhone app called impression

I just open the photo in paint and click to add text then write my name or salon name accross the middle. If you then click the lower 1 of the 2 little icons that appear when you add text it makes the background clear so the writing is on the picture but the picture can be seen (not a big white background over the picture).

HTH

Last edited:

Salon Alchemy Watermark
I use this site Ruth set up also. Its so easy to use its great! I keep a note of my size/font/opacity preference for every time i use it so my watermark is the same throughout my photo's.

Salon Alchemy Watermark

Hi Mari *waves*

Yep, it's just a fairly basic web application written in Java (Struts 2), which calls a Linux program to watermark the images. Could do with updating when I get the time, but it does the job :)

I open images up in paintshop pro and click on layers, add new layer. Then with the text tool I put text over the image, then use layers properties and make the layer with the text on about 40% transparent so that the text isnt too distracting over the image, then save.

I dont use photoshop much but basically do the same.

Thanks....I phone app will just be handy when I'm not at home so I can tweet photos straight away :)

Latest posts

Back