Facial Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hello,

What facial products does everyone use?
How much do you charge for a mobile facial?
And are there any specific masks/creams for anti ageing?

Please reply.
Thank You

im really surprised that no one has answered yet! im looking for products, possibly dermalogica, but really need advice!!

I'm not surprised, we've been here a million times before!! If you search using the facility above you'll find plenty of threads discussing this!

oh yes sorry Martin u are right, silly me x

That's a bit harsh Craig. Someone is just asking for a bit of help and advice, is this not what salon geek is for?!

I would say that was harsh also.
There's no need to be rude at all.
Its a bit tedious to search through every facial question in hope of finding an answer to mine. As I have already done this before I posted my question.
I thought it would have been easy to receive answers for just my questions as they are more to do with an anti ageing facial etc

Most professional facial ranges will have anti ageing products, with the possible exception of organic ranges.
A tad harsh from Craig, yes, but this is so frustrating for everyone. WE can't tell you which facial range to use; YOU have to do the leg work. You have to contact the suppliers, get lots of samples, even have a couple of the facials yourself, to find out what you like, who you can work with, the costs, etc.
I could sing from the rooftops about how brilliant Swissdermyl is, and the next person who comes along will say Environ, Germaine de Cappuccini, Dermalogica, Monu, etc etc.
There's no easy answer to choosing a brand. Choose wisely; your business will depend upon it, so take your time.

Im not mobile but my facials start at £36 for 1hr and I am home based. I could get away with charging £40 due to the area I am in but Im happy to keep it at £36 for the time being. It depends on the range you are using as to how you decide your prices. Clients won't expect to pay a lot for a budget range.

Unless anythings changed in the last few months Dermalogica won't supply mobile therapists with good reason, there are far to many products to take to every client.

i don't think it was harsh at all... both said exactly what we're all thinking.

i can 100% garuntee you haven't done a search because you would of for certain found answers to your questions. i can answer your questions because i've read that many threads with replies from other therapists on this forum and i haven't trained at all in facials. x

If you are looking for a completely anti-aging facial, then you could do worse that try Ayurvedic products. I have gone from high-end facials with the "big boys" to minimum product but with my hands doing the massage movements that help reduce wrinkles. Since I have been doing Ayurvedic facials, my client base has increased.

If you are interested to know more, then please by all means pm me.

I appreciate that Ayurvedic/holistic has less impact on this forum than the salon ranges, but it is still worth getting the name out there.

Gerards do some excellent anti ageing facials. :hug: I used to charge £40 for and hour and a half mobile in London and was very busy.

I can understand people saying that this has been discussed before, and do see their point but there are new ranges coming onto the Market all the time. So at what point can we start discussing this again?
There are new people joining this forum all the time with fresh ideas and opinions so discouraging new threads on the subject isn't always constructive!

I agree with Matthew, this website has helped me a lot and it would be a shame for people to be put off asking questions as you can constantly learn new things from one another...
Am also just starting out as mobile therapist and am trying to decide on a suitable skincare range to work with... the best thing you can do is just email companies asking them for their info and usually some samples and you can see for yourself which products you prefer. I have recently recieved a sample pack from Eve Taylor very nice products, lots of info and the customer service is great, give them an email :)

I can understand people saying that this has been discussed before, and do see their point but there are new ranges coming onto the Market all the time. So at what point can we start discussing this again?
There are new people joining this forum all the time with fresh ideas and opinions so discouraging new threads on the subject isn't always constructive!

Thank You Matthew!! Thats very true!
It kinda makes you wonder what you can ask and what you cant.

Also I didnt once say I searched 'anti ageing' in the search bar. I did browse through older threads however I was just hoping to get peoples new opinions and recommendations.
Yet there are many duplicate questions out there that always get answered!
Think im going to go with Eve Taylor, seem to be getting alot of recommendations.
Thanks to those who have helped x:hug:

there's nothing new/original/interesting in yet another therapist wanting somebody else to do the hardwork.

if somebody comes across a new brand they are unsure of and do a search and nothing comes up then by all means post about it... nobody on here would ever want to discourage a therapist asking for advice on a new brand i'm sure. but those who come on here because they just can't be bothered with the 'tedious' work involved don't deserve to have any help at all. imagine if we all didn't bother researching products/treatments because we all thought it was 'tedious'!

thankfully the original poster is sorted now because Eve Taylor 'seem to be getting alot of recommendations'.x

I didnt say I couldnt be bothered.
I did a small check but thought I would get some new opinions.
And yes rude people have put me off asking questions.
If you look at spray tanning questions alot of them are duplicated and no one has ever been rude about it.
If it was that much of a problem for you I dont understand why you would reply and then be rude on top of that. :confused:

I agree !! if you look at when they joined APRIL 2011 a bit of a learner to the site, just like me.
I asked the same question before I even found the search facility, I think a little help does go a long long way, and its a kind of simple safe question that you dont feel daft asking as a "L".
I've decided to go with Eve Taylor, there has been lots of good reviews for it, hope this helps you a little bit :hug: x C x

Last edited:
My first thread was a similar question. I was so excited at joining SG, and starting out, I jumped in without a thought of searching. I received good, and polite, advice. I think I would have been put off if it had been otherwise. Sorry, Craig, but I think your response was a little hard.

My first thread was a similar question. I was so excited at joining SG, and starting out, I jumped in without a thought of searching. I received good, and polite, advice. I think I would have been put off if it had been otherwise. Sorry, Craig, but I think your response was a little hard.
I agree 100%

Latest posts

Back