Facial regime for spotty hormonal teenage boy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dnx

Reaction score
My 14 year old has lots of spots on his forehead, hairline, sides of his face, cheekbones, between his eyebrows and on his back. Some of the spots are deep down and just appear as a lump, others are white and he squeezes them. He only has a couple of spots in his little beard

I've heard good things about Liz Earl, but really have no idea what to get for him.

Any suggestions?

TIA

I'd really recommend that he sees his GP, unfortunately if it's hormonal it's quite tough to get rid off. I have tried every topical prescription and my skin is still a struggle. The best topical I've used and stuck with has been duac, a peroxide and antibiotic gel cream. I also eliminated sulfates completely which has helped, so the Liz Earle is a good idea; my friend uses it religiously and it helped her when she was on roaccutane. I've also heard of lots of people having good results from dermologica, but I think their products contain sulfates so I've not tried them personally as my skin is pretty intolerant to a lot of ingredients. I always try to encourage people with acne to think of it more as sensitive, so use products designed to be calming and soothing, rather than aggressive oil strippers which usually make things worse.

If it's hormonal and you want to avoid the roaccutane route, there is a fantastic supplement from the Advanced Nutrition Programme that is a natural treatment that is fantastic for treating acne.

I retail environ skincare alongside ANP and have great results treating acne. Their skin wash does contain sodium lauryl sulphate which is a foaming agent, and tends to be found in most washes. I would try him on something like that with a low level topical vitamin a like the environ moisturiser. Working with the supplements, results are good. The products also aren't flowery or perfumed. Another aggravant.

A lot if skincare advice is anecdotal. This worked for me/my friend etc. If you try the docs, there is a fairly standard route which is topical treatment such as mentioned above which is an extremely drying cream that contains bleach so avoid getting it on towels. This can give initial results but if unsuccessful, you often end up down the roaccutane route. If you don't know the effects of it, have a look at the programme "Dying for healthy skin". The side effects seem a lot worse for boys than girls.

It also comes down to money. Doctors is free but anything else you have to pay for!

Vic x

If it's hormonal and you want to avoid the roaccutane route, there is a fantastic supplement from the Advanced Nutrition Programme that is a natural treatment that is fantastic for treating acne.

I retail environ skincare alongside ANP and have great results treating acne. Their skin wash does contain sodium lauryl sulphate which is a foaming agent, and tends to be found in most washes. I would try him on something like that with a low level topical vitamin a like the environ moisturiser. Working with the supplements, results are good. The products also aren't flowery or perfumed. Another aggravant.

A lot if skincare advice is anecdotal. This worked for me/my friend etc. If you try the docs, there is a fairly standard route which is topical treatment such as mentioned above which is an extremely drying cream that contains bleach so avoid getting it on towels. This can give initial results but if unsuccessful, you often end up down the roaccutane route. If you don't know the effects of it, have a look at the programme "Dying for healthy skin". The side effects seem a lot worse for boys than girls.

It also comes down to money. Doctors is free but anything else you have to pay for!

Vic x

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon....is there a body skin wash in this range vic? My daughter has severe acne on her back has been taking medication for a year but to no avail she is also 14....was referred to a dermatologist in February but told she won't get an initial apt until at least oct as it's the busiest department in the hospital!!! .....so once again this summer she will be covering up as she's so embarrassed .....the weird thing is she has no spots on her face?!......

The facial wash can be used and the supplements would help although I think they only recommend from 16. I'll check. They're based on broccoli extract so very natural. The wash has great anti bac properties and is very effective. You could top it off with a bit of environ avst 1 or their gel which will help to normalise the skin.

Vic x

The facial wash can be used and the supplements would help although I think they only recommend from 16. I'll check. They're based on broccoli extract so very natural. The wash has great anti bac properties and is very effective. You could top it off with a bit of environ avst 1 or their gel which will help to normalise the skin.

Vic x

Thank you so much .....really appreciate your help x

I'd really recommend that he sees his GP, unfortunately if it's hormonal it's quite tough to get rid off. I have tried every topical prescription and my skin is still a struggle. The best topical I've used and stuck with has been duac, a peroxide and antibiotic gel cream. I also eliminated sulfates completely which has helped, so the Liz Earle is a good idea; my friend uses it religiously and it helped her when she was on roaccutane. I've also heard of lots of people having good results from dermologica, but I think their products contain sulfates so I've not tried them personally as my skin is pretty intolerant to a lot of ingredients. I always try to encourage people with acne to think of it more as sensitive, so use products designed to be calming and soothing, rather than aggressive oil strippers which usually make things worse.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciated.

I'll have a look at Liz Earl and Environ.

Dnx

Vic x
Thank you Vic, appreciate the time you've taken to reply. I'm going to look into Liz Earl and what you've recommended.

Do you ship, as I'm down South?

Dnx

Depends where you are. It's much better to go and have a proper consultation. Let me know where you are and I can find out who is near.

Vic x

Thanks Vic, have messaged you.

Latest posts

Back