Faith Healing experiences

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Well i dont know much about this at all, thats why i need your help geeks....

My uncle was diagnosed last week with Lung Cancer our family is totally devastated, we are so close so i need your help understanding this one.
Hes not sure wether to go ahead with the Chemo yet but at the weekend he went to see a faith healer or Reki Master.
She put these stones on his body and touched the areas concerned and he could feel a heat sensation from her hand, my mum was astonished as she had never heard or seen of this before.
After the treatment which lasted about an hour afterwards he said he felt the best he had felt for ages and one of the lumps in his neck has hardened which before they were soft?
He believes in it which is good because it gives him something to focus on but she told him she has cured 2 people with various forms of cancer?
Are we getting our hopes up or could this be true.
Your help would really be appreciated on this xxxxxxmany thanksxxxxxxx

jules xx

Well to start i,m sory to hear about your uncle.:hug::hug:

I am one of these people that unless it smacks me in the face (no voluenteers please) i find it very hard to believe.. but if you uncle feels better from this then surley its a good thing, and that is all that matters..
Sending you huge hugs as always when you need them hun:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Oh I feel for you and your family, we are going through exactly the same thing. I would say that if the healer makes him feel better then by all means carry it on but id say not instead of hospital treatment xx

I am a trained Reiki practitioner, but dont know much about faith healing.

Reiki is not a cure! It is designed as a complementary healing treatment and I would never tell anybody that I can heal them! The warm sensation from the hands is the normal feeling when the energy is being re-balanced as is also a great feeling of well being (can also have the other side of the scale of the healing crisis and feel emotional and poorly).

Please. please tell your uncle to still continue with the medical advice that is provided and also tell him to obtain his consultants advice on receiving these complementary treatments.

I understand how you feel as my dad was told he had lung cancer just over a year ago and it is the worse feeling in the world.

What investigations/treatment has he had so far?

:hug:

thanks x
yep totally afree its making him more positive but i just wondered if there were any experiences of this out there anywhere.xx

I am a trained Reiki practitioner, but dont know much about faith healing.

Reiki is not a cure! It is designed as a complementary healing treatment and I would never tell anybody that I can heal them! The warm sensation from the hands is the normal feeling when the energy is being re-balanced as is also a great feeling of well being (can also have the other side of the scale of the healing crisis and feel emotional and poorly).

Please. please tell your uncle to still continue with the medical advice that is provided and also tell him to obtain his consultants advice on receiving these complementary treatments.

I understand how you feel as my dad was told he had lung cancer just over a year ago and it is the worse feeling in the world.

What investigations/treatment has he had so far?

:hug:

Thank you
he has not had any treatment yet its due in a week or so but hes not sure wether to do it or not, as hes been told it will lengthen his life span if it actually works that is, hes in pieces and doesnt know what to do hence the faith healer but i have told him to continue with both, to try the chemo and see how he feels, but the funny thing is theresa one of the lumps in his neck has now gone hard so im thinking has it actually done something ??????
thanks again xxxx

I also practise reiki and im one of the most sceptical and cynical people ever but there are things about it even im not sure about.
I would never ever say that it can cure anything there was something about healing on the tv and it having a huge placebo effect.
Whatever it is, you do feel heat and other feelings, giver and recipient. It is soothing and relaxing its not anything to do with religion.Anyone can be attuned to it so we are not special in anyway although i do think the more contact you have with people ie massage etc and practise the stronger the feelings.
For various reasons of my own i do believe there is something in it though, but its to be used alongside conventional treatment not instead of.

I also practise reiki and im one of the most sceptical and cynical people ever but there are things about it even im not sure about.
I would never ever say that it can cure anything there was something about healing on the tv and it having a huge placebo effect.
Whatever it is, you do feel heat and other feelings, giver and recipient. It is soothing and relaxing its not anything to do with religion.Anyone can be attuned to it so we are not special in anyway although i do think the more contact you have with people ie massage etc and practise the stronger the feelings.
For various reasons of my own i do believe there is something in it though, but its to be used alongside conventional treatment not instead of.

As a fellow Reiki Geek I totally agree with you on this one. I also dont go with the religious aspect of it but too the relaxing, and re-balancing of ones energy that gives you the positive feeling that Reiki can bring.

I dont think that we can say never say never, but I believe that it is the mental approx and attitude that can heal. :hug:

hi there. First of all let me say that i'm sorry to hear your news. My mum has cancer in her bones and although we are all obviously really upset we all stay extremely positive which i think helps her. I do believe in healing because my dad had cancer about 10 years ago. He was very ill and went down to 5 and a half stone in weight.
He had lots of healing done as well as conventional treatments. The improvement was so great after the healing that his consultant said he had no explanation for it.
My dad is fit and well now. It could be a coincidence but i think positive thinking, healing and doctors treatment combined give the best results. I am not trying to give out false hope but just telling of my experience. My mum is having healing along with chemotherapy at the moment so i understand how you are feeling.
sending you big hugs xxx

Reiki comes from the universe, spiritual healing comes from spirit guides..... guess it depends on your beliefs.....spiritual healing isn't really religious though I have felt the heat from a spiritualist healer and it is far more intense than Reiki IMO.

As has already been said, use it in conjunction with modern day medicine....whatever help and comfort your uncle can get, the better....thinking of you :hug:

Well to start i,m sory to hear about your uncle.:hug::hug:

I am one of these people that unless it smacks me in the face (no voluenteers please) i find it very hard to believe.. but if you uncle feels better from this then surley its a good thing, and that is all that matters..
Sending you huge hugs as always when you need them hun:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thanks so much Liz your a diamond :hug: it means a lot xxxx

hi there. First of all let me say that i'm sorry to hear your news. My mum has cancer in her bones and although we are all obviously really upset we all stay extremely positive which i think helps her. I do believe in healing because my dad had cancer about 10 years ago. He was very ill and went down to 5 and a half stone in weight.
He had lots of healing done as well as conventional treatments. The improvement was so great after the healing that his consultant said he had no explanation for it.
My dad is fit and well now. It could be a coincidence but i think positive thinking, healing and doctors treatment combined give the best results. I am not trying to give out false hope but just telling of my experience. My mum is having healing along with chemotherapy at the moment so i understand how you are feeling.
sending you big hugs xxx

Nikki im sending hugs back to you hun it takes alot of strength and courage from all and i so admire your strength hun :hug: you all must have gone to Hell and back, im so glad your dad got better and i believe too that both your mum and my uncle can get through it with both treatments thanks nikki and big hugs to you and your family from me xx

Reiki comes from the universe, spiritual healing comes from spirit guides..... guess it depends on your beliefs.....spiritual healing isn't really religious though I have felt the heat from a spiritualist healer and it is far more intense than Reiki IMO.

As has already been said, use it in conjunction with modern day medicine....whatever help and comfort your uncle can get, the better....thinking of you :hug:

Thanks Cathie, i too think it gives him something to be positive about.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thanks to the Reiki geeks xxx

julesxx

I am sorry to read of your Uncle's illness.

Please remember that there are many people who prey on the vulnerable.Faith healing has to be the favourite target for the unscrupulous. I think he should follow the advice of his medical team.

I hope all is well.:hug:

I am sorry to read of your Uncle's illness.

Please remember that there are many people who prey on the vulnerable.Faith healing has to be the favourite target for the unscrupulous. I think he should follow the advice of his medical team.

I hope all is well.:hug:

Thanks Adele, the lady is does not want to charge him she just asked for a small donation to a charity and she is a friend of one of his, have to wait and see but i do think it gives him some light at the end of the tunnel and gives him something to believe in and i say i shouldnt knock it until i have tried it xxx :hug:
jules x

Latest posts

Back