FAKE BAKE.... after the application... update!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meme1234

Reaction score
hi geeks
for those that replied to my thread the other day..my client came tonight for his second fake bake..i found out that he takes two showers a day!! so thats the reason why his tan didnt stay on...he has been given strict intructions to not use ANY shower products (he used shower gel as well even though i told him not to lol)....if he follows the advice i'm sure it will stay on.....sooooooo glad it wasnt anything to do with the application

thanks for your help

maria xx

I don't understand why you are telling your client not to use shower products hun?
Do you mean before the tan or after? x

I don't understand why you are telling your client not to use shower products hun?
Do you mean before the tan or after? x

It was after he came about 3 weeks ago for a tan and then phoned me on monday to book another appointment and said that the tan didnt take, i was concerned that it was something i had done in the application so i asked for advice on here....which i very kindly got...any way cut a long stiry short he takes two showers a day and managed to wash away all of the tan very quickly...i was just giveing an update to the geeks that gave me some advice x

You can use shower products but avoid those that contain sodium laural sulphate as they strip the skin. PH balanced shower washes such as Sanex & Dove are fine, also they can use aqueous cream or washes for people with eczema as they are gentle on the skin.

I thought dove was particularly one that strips tan.

I thought dove was particularly one that strips tan.
I thought it was PH neutral? Thought it had moisturisers in the wash? Maybe I am wrong then!! :confused: Dove won't ever get recommended by me again lol!

I was told that dove was bad for tans too. I've been unsure of what shower products to use after though and someone mentioned asda's own brand one was very good.

i had used oil of olay but it stripped the tan so i bought some kids bodywash from avon as it said it was gentle and its brilliant and smells lovely too xx

You can use shower products but avoid those that contain sodium laural sulphate as they strip the skin. PH balanced shower washes such as Sanex & Dove are fine, also they can use aqueous cream or washes for people with eczema as they are gentle on the skin.

Definatley avoid Dove :eek:

Yes avoid dove it does strip the tan. But generally you are allowed to use shower gel when you have a spray tan on. I always find Johnsons is the best :)

xx

I always tell my clients to avoid Dove too. I bought some of the cheap soap from asda and have wrapped them in tissue paper with a bit of ribbon round to give to customers :)
I always shower twice a day-sometimes 3 times and haven't had a tan fade that quick!

I always tell my clients to avoid Dove too. I bought some of the cheap soap from asda and have wrapped them in tissue paper with a bit of ribbon round to give to customers :)
I always shower twice a day-sometimes 3 times and haven't had a tan fade that quick!

yep i was always told to avoid dove as well......i know i couldnt quite believe that it had all come off thats why i asked for advice...even when he came the other day there was no sign at all of any tan....he hasnt contacted me since so i assume that everything went ok this time aroun (i hope lol)
maria x

Latest posts

Back