Fake Bake Online orders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carron

Reaction score
Has anyone had bother with ordering online?

I placed an order on the 18th and its still not here. I have a confirmation email and order number so I called today to see what was happening.

They said the order wasn't confirmed, this is the first I know about it. So I said i'd place the order over the phone only to find out the gold kit is now out of stock ahhhhh

They have no solution, I have called most days for a week and there us still none, waiting for a call back when it's in stock! They say they might not even have any for the show! I don't care I've gone to wow factor for some organics now! X

Yep, I had an email from them yesterday.

"Hi Lynne

Unfortunately this is the case we have no tanning solution in stock at all what so ever, and we don’t have an update yet as to when it is due back in, we are still waiting to hear from out laboratories in the US. The gold liquid is not yet in stock either, it is due to be launched at some point this year however we do not have a launch date as yet.

Apologies
Laura"

I'm utterly, utterly incandescent with fury at them. How on earth can a leading tanning company have NO tanning fluid in stock!

Very Bad Show, Fake Bake. Get your act together.

Must be something to do with the massive one-day sale Fake Bake had on Monday 11th April, where it took me 5 calls over 5 hours to get through to them to place my order.

Can't quite work out though, why they'd have a massive one-day sale with no back-up stock to follow .....

Must be something to do with the massive one-day sale Fake Bake had on Monday 11th April, where it took me 5 calls over 5 hours to get through to them to place my order.

Can't quite work out though, why they'd have a massive one-day sale with no back-up stock to follow .....

Maybe because stock has a shelf life and that stock needed to be sold on quickly before it went passed their prefered time of holding on to it??

Meaning maybe they only like to have the stock on their shelves for say 1 month before passing it on to customers so the customer get a nice long shelf life after they get it.

A one day sale??? How come when I've been a loyal trade customer for years I don't get to find out about these things? Humph humph :irked:
Now that I need stock there is none. They claim to be a victim of their own success so I cant imagine that any of their stock is sitting on their shelves for any length of time. The exact same thing happened last year and was shortly followed by them supplying us with faulty batches of non-developing liquids. Guess we've got that to look forward to as they rush to get the stock over to the uk :eek:

we used to use fake bake until about 2ish years ago and the same thing happened. we went elsewhere and I would NEVER go back.

Lynne said it so well how can they have none in and, why have they not learnt from the past??????

I Just rang fake bake for the 4th time this week to see if they have any in stock. They dont and they dont know when it will be in stock next.

I assumed is was due to the Beauty UK show over the weekend and they were holding it for that as this seemed to be the case for the Professional Beauty Show in Feb.

I asked the lady on the phone if it was due to the show on over the weekend and she said they have been informed they may not even have any stock in for that!

I have rang a few other companies and got some samples through as it seems to always be the case they never have anything in stock. Its a shame as I love the tan and so do my clients.

x

Oh good. Another bloody long queue at a beauty show to get stock that should be available all the time.
For crying out loud.

Yep, I had problems with them too. I tried to buy products (not solution) to fulfill online orders and they seem to be out of stock with almost everything. Not paying their bills maybe?

oh my god. thats terrible. is it everything thats out of stock or just the gold

its so annoying. i've heard of fb bad reputation and now experience it. i love it though and even converted st tropez lovers to it and the sales are great for the small amount of tans i do at the moment (due to childcare i don't do much hours)

i really think i should stock a back up solution just in case

Tandare gives very similar results as Fake Bake, cheaper to buy to, always in stock and hot marketing !!!!!!

Yes it is a strange one that such an established company is having problems!!!! Maybe the police have seized their stock :lol:

Its not really exclusive to salon or mobile tanning these days is it !!!

Better solutions out there, but the brand name is strong with the public which some salon owners like!!!

:)

I went to the show and they had none in stock, they said we could order it and it may be with us in 2 weeks.

hth

x

Latest posts

Back