Fancy skiing, anyone been anywhere good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talented talons

Master Artist
Reaction score
Hey guys, my hubby and i want to go skiing in Autumn this year and wanted to know if any of you geeks have been and could recommend anywhere good.

I know it is not going to be cheap, but is there somewhere reasonable that is great for beginners?

We are going to have a go at the dry ski slope near us to get an idea of what it's going to be like.

It is going to be expensive as we will have to go in the holidays in Autumn, but it will be worth it.

Cheers for your help guys.:hug:

mont tremblant im montreal, beautifull. You will enjoy.

Would you prefer Europe or North America??

It has been a few years since I skiied but I love Verbier in Switzerland, and also a smaller resort called Igls in Austria not far from Innsbruck.

If you don't mind roughing it a bit you can come to Scotland.....just avoid the yellow snow lol:lol:

Someone i know has just come back from finland skiing and they loved it, they have also been to austria. They prefered finland as they said it wasn't full of flash people on the slopes showing off...his words not mine. My brother is going to austria in feb so will give you an update if that is what it is like.....he has never skiied in his life,lol!!!

Bulgaria was nice, it was my first time ski-ing, the tutors were really helpful x :hug:

i would say canada but i love it there so i am biased :lol:
but a mate of ours goes snowboarding every year , all different places and he reckons france is good :green: it would be cheaper than canada thats for sure , haha

France, Austria and Switzerland have the best ski resorts in Europe but I think you will need to go to Canada or the US in Autumn for good conditions.

Mark Warner do some good deals.

i lived in france for a few years, i recomend valmeniere in france, door step skiing, all the hotels and apartments lead straight on to the slopes and lifts, so no coaching around. theres ski school too:)

I went too leysan (sp?) in switzerland many many years ago, and it was fantastic for beginners.........and just a beautiful idealic ski-ing town how you would imagine it too be, on the other side of the pond...hunter mountain in usa is brilliant.....a couple of hours from new york...but seemed aimed at beginer-ish lol

Thanks for all your replies, it does help to get feed back when its something i have never done.

I have been to the travel agents and they say that their resorts only book from December to April, so it looks like we wouldn't be able to go at the end of October, which is when my daughter would be off school.

I will keep looking into all the places you guys suggested, it will keep me busy. I have to say we do fancy Canada a lot, but we are open to anywhere really that has great skiing facilities and good for beginners.

ANDORRA ANDORRA AND ANDORRA - cheap especially if its your first time and you dont know if you are gonna like it - fab snow, fab apres ski and lots of easy runs for beginners

hth
xxxxxxxxx

Hiya,

What sort of places do you like? Quiet,fun packed or winter wnderland?

Skiing for 15yrs, hubby for 20yrs

done loads from Europe to the States

Jenx

Semi-Permanent Makeup
Micropigmentation

oooh liking this thread:green:

Would love to try ski ing!

Well thats a lie i have tried it had lessons in the uk - fell pregnant - and never went skiing!

Somewhere good to P A R TY ! would be good for me !

AMb x

Hello,

My first choice would have to be Lavingo Italy on the swiss border(St Moritz)

Lavingo is a duty free resort, very well established resort mixed in age but mostly 20-45yrs
Very cheap booze, cheap perfume, makeup etc etc etc

oh and not forgetting the designer handbags and undies(La Perla) ohhh lala!! that are tax free.

Your lift pass will also include St moritz ski area's(well did when i went) a days skiing to St Moritz mountains(holiday ski resort for celebrity's)

ENJOY

Jenx:hug:

Hey guys, my hubby and i want to go skiing in Autumn this year and wanted to know if any of you geeks have been and could recommend anywhere good.

I know it is not going to be cheap, but is there somewhere reasonable that is great for beginners?

We are going to have a go at the dry ski slope near us to get an idea of what it's going to be like.

It is going to be expensive as we will have to go in the holidays in Autumn, but it will be worth it.

Cheers for your help guys.:hug:

Take the ski train and try Belle Plagne in the Alps... amazing skiing and the prettiest of the 'LA Plagne' resorts... hence the word 'Belle' :)

Hiya,

What sort of places do you like? Quiet,fun packed or winter wnderland?

Skiing for 15yrs, hubby for 20yrs

done loads from Europe to the States

Jenx

Semi-Permanent Makeup
Micropigmentation

We want somewhere that has plenty to do and fun packed, especially as my daughter will only be 8 by the time we go. We do love the idea of Canada, but we are worried the flight might be a little long for our daughter.

Hiya

never done Canada, hubby is a warm weather Chicken.

Sounds fab though and only 7hrs, would go for it if i were you

Have Fun

P.S// The holiday home that i'm in the process of buying in las vegas is very close to Lake Tahoe(now that's what i call ski holiday) WOW WOW

jenx

Ooh, that sounds really lovely.

So when are you buying it then????

Hello,

I'm buying in Las Vegas, Henderson Green Valley.
It's quite a drive drive to the mountains(which in US that's near), the flights are 30mins to Reno and then around hour and half on a coach to Lake Tahoe(great for a 2 centre holiday) I did it myself and loved it. If thres enough snow you can ski into Nevada Border.

jenx

Latest posts

Back