Federation of small Business's

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
They are a very useful organisation. Have contacted them several times and found them very helpful.
For what it costs to join, you can't go wrong!

My husband has recently opened an Internet cafe and joined the FSB and they have been very helpful... You can't go wrong.

For what you pay, you have access to great legal advice, a friendly group of people who will bend over backwards to help and good advice when you need it.

Worth joining for a salon in my opinion, where people can sue for allsorts - your legal advice is covered with them.

Thanks for your help folks - it is appreciated
KxXx

Just an update to day I have joined the FSB and would whole heartedly recommend it to any one else thinking about it. There are so many benefits it pays for itself - it feels very reassuring to be part of an organisation with a voice and support.
HTH
KxXx

How much is the annual membership? x

I'm joining tomorrow but want to speak to them on the phone first to clarify a few things.

It's £30 registration and then £100 as I don't employ staff. Does anyone know if the legal cover is inlcuded.

Also, I need a mobile credit card machine and I see that I can get one through them. Does anyone know how much it is? Too impatient to wait until the morning to find out. xxx

I'm joining tomorrow but want to speak to them on the phone first to clarify a few things.

It's £30 registration and then £100 as I don't employ staff. Does anyone know if the legal cover is inlcuded.

Also, I need a mobile credit card machine and I see that I can get one through them. Does anyone know how much it is? Too impatient to wait until the morning to find out. xxx

i think its about £27 a month but a 3 year contract with streamline

if your interesetd in a mobile credit card solution have a look at SilverGum

I've just joined the FSB today - blimey, what a lot of benefits you get as a member!
One of the best benefits is the tax expertise; they have tax accountants who can help to sort out any HMRC inquiry into your business, AND pay the penalties HMRC impose on you.
The whole membership fee is tax deductible too.
I'm looking forward to making the very most of my membership, and will post up anything that I think is particularly good!

I wanted to join but they said I had to have been in business for at least 3 months :cry:

I meant to ask them when they called how do I prove that?

xx

Hi

Well all i can say is when i had businesses in the UK i was a member and found them very helpfull..... u get legal advice all legal forms such as employee contracts they even act for you if the tax man asks questions.......... but my main reason was for the credit card machine..... i found that banks gave deals to them... so for my initial fee i saved the whole lot back in not paying for my credit card machine i got 2 months rent free on the terminal and also got a discount on the charges.... worked very well for me..............so i really got the membership fee free when you look at it...hth.H x

Latest posts

Back