Feel like crying right now :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
:cry: Just coming on for a moan....I've just come in from doing a full set of acrylics on a lady who has never had them before. I did her friend's nails on Monday and they turned out lovely.
Tonight I did everything the same but every nail had air bubbles in them - and I don't know why? The only thing that was different was that she provided a table lamp because the lighting was too dim on Monday.
I have declined payment and asked to go back at the weekend to do another set which she has agreed to. She was fine, not in the least bit cross or anything, in fact she was very sweet but I am so incredibly disappointed I could cry! I have only done a few sets as a Mobile Tech and building my client base is everything to me at the moment.
Sorry for the rant, just feeling......urgh :cry:

Awwww Don't worry :hug:

You will prob have a couple of set backs in the process, but aslong as you give 100% good customer service then they will understand it just a mistake.

See what happens when you do them again, they prob be fine x

Awww, bless you! dont let it upset you!!
not to worry, the clients isnt cross,shes letting you go back, which is a great indication, she must have faith in you! Use it as a learning curve, practise burping your brush etc a little before you go back,and dont let it knock your confidence!

Chin up babes, and let us know how it turns out : )
Kate x

I agree with the others: you are obviously conscientious, which is great, but... your client is fine and we all have to learn & improve - so don't let 1 disappointing set get you down! :hug:

Sounds like you could do with a good lamp for your mobile work though - I use a portable daylight lamp & it makes such a difference. I couldn't be without it.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

The bubbles could have been due to incorrect (even slightly 'out') mix ratio and/or wiping your brush excessively inbetween doing each nail, thereby making your next application have bubbles in.

Keep smiling, we have all done sets that were below our expectations, ALL OF US (honestly) :hug:

I had this problem for a while drove me mad! just make sure all the air is out of your brush 1st, I used to get brush and monomer out 1st, and pat brush around dapen dish untl all the bubbles disappeared, then do the same again just beofre you start applying. I dont know if it could be something to do with the monomer sloshing about in the car as I never had this problem when I did sets at my own home lol hth xx

Not so long ago, one of the very good techs on here was going through this, it was driving her mad, we all suggested different things and she tried them all. Finally got it sorted it turned out that after she burped her brush, got all the air out, when she went back in, she was pushing her brush into the bottom of the dish and puting bubbles back in.
So try this, burp brush, wipe brush on both sides and then when you re dip, make sure you don't touch the bottom, then wipe of the way you've been taught for your system.
It's the daft little things that trip us up:hug:
Bet your client is very impressed with you for wanting to go back and make it perfect. xx

I HATE AIR BUBBLES !!! with a passion !!! :grr:
If you have eliminated all the usual causes such as burping your brush, and no contamination in your brush/products etc...

Then Can I ask, Did the lamp provide much heat ???
Years ago, when still quite new I was doing nails during winter, placing clients hands on a hot water bottle, then working under a lamp.
I was so confused, The nails were FULL of air bubbles, I had product in my brush, all kinds of problems.
It was nailzoo who eventually cracked it for me,
There was too much heat !
The heat was causing the monomer to evaporate before my bead was fully polymerized, causing all kinds of problems.

So it's possible it could have been down to the lamp if it doesnt usually happen.

I agree with the others: you are obviously conscientious, which is great, but... your client is fine and we all have to learn & improve - so don't let 1 disappointing set get you down! :hug:

Sounds like you could do with a good lamp for your mobile work though - I use a portable daylight lamp & it makes such a difference. I couldn't be without it.

Thank you for your kind words, I have just ordered a portable daylight lamp, fingers crossed this will help me xxx

I HATE AIR BUBBLES !!! with a passion !!! :grr:
If you have eliminated all the usual causes such as burping your brush, and no contamination in your brush/products etc...

Then Can I ask, Did the lamp provide much heat ???
Years ago, when still quite new I was doing nails during winter, placing clients hands on a hot water bottle, then working under a lamp.
I was so confused, The nails were FULL of air bubbles, I had product in my brush, all kinds of problems.
It was nailzoo who eventually cracked it for me,
There was too much heat !
The heat was causing the monomer to evaporate before my bead was fully polymerized, causing all kinds of problems.

So it's possible it could have been down to the lamp if it doesnt usually happen.

:!: Hmmm, that's interesting. I have just ordered a daylight lamp, I will see if that makes a difference. I can't begin to tell you how embarassed I was, and still am. I feel terrible and hope to sort the problem pronto. Thanks for you input and advice, I love the support I get on this forum xxx

Thank you for your kind words, I have just ordered a portable daylight lamp, fingers crossed this will help me xxx

Glad I could help. Hope you like it when it arrives! xx

Hi everyone, I have been back to my client today, removed her set ( which didn't actually look as bad as I remember!), and put a new set on. It was a long, hard slog and my new lamp was FAB! However, I still wasn't happy with the end result, I did still have some bubbles so I need to try and find another reason for this occuring.
Thank you all for your input and advice, I am very grateful x
So til next time, take care!

Latest posts

Back