Feeling like I want to give up Bio Sculpture!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJ

Reaction score
About 3/4 months ago I invested in shellac and it's been the best thing I've ever done, it's completely taken over from manicure clients and slowly replacing my bio clients too. I have 2-3 clients who will have their bio done every 2-3 weeks, and maybe another 2-3 who have it done every 4-6 weeks for special occasions. Lately, half of my bio customers are texting me 5/6 days after application to say one or two had fallen off! I did have problems with the led at first but have since sorted this out and never used to have this kind of feedback. I have never once had a shellac client have any problems and I'm really pleased with how it's going.

I'm really starting to wonder if it's worth my while to keep doing the bio? It's on my price list which means I have to keep colours in stock, although my regulars tend to have the same few colours. Would it be worth maybe asking them to try shellac and see if I can convert them? I've only got one lady who wanted to try shellac and it didn't work for her, I knew it wouldn't and warned her of this as she has very thin and splitting nails, which means I would def have to keep it for her for the time being.

Any opinions or your own experiences would be great to hear!!

I wouldn't be investing too heavily in colours for just a few clients. While you are using them up I would invest in the Brisa Lite smoothing gel and sculpting gel instead and that will cover all the bases for your handful of clients whose nails need a bit more than Shellac on its own.

The Brisa Lite gels are absolutely capable of satisfying these bio clients and every one of them can be removed safely and gently with wrapping. What possible objection can they have to using it?

I would tell these few clients that you love Shellac; that you have complete faith in the product having been using it for some time ... That the majority of your clients are using and happy with Shellac and that you are certain they will be too, as you are going to use it from now on. You need to be firm ...

There is no business sense in keeping a product you no longer need and hardly use. There is no reasonable objection they can give to using Shellac and it's gel partners.

About 3/4 months ago I invested in shellac and it's been the best thing I've ever done, it's completely taken over from manicure clients and slowly replacing my bio clients too. I have 2-3 clients who will have their bio done every 2-3 weeks, and maybe another 2-3 who have it done every 4-6 weeks for special occasions. Lately, half of my bio customers are texting me 5/6 days after application to say one or two had fallen off! I did have problems with the led at first but have since sorted this out and never used to have this kind of feedback. I have never once had a shellac client have any problems and I'm really pleased with how it's going.

I'm really starting to wonder if it's worth my while to keep doing the bio? It's on my price list which means I have to keep colours in stock, although my regulars tend to have the same few colours. Would it be worth maybe asking them to try shellac and see if I can convert them? I've only got one lady who wanted to try shellac and it didn't work for her, I knew it wouldn't and warned her of this as she has very thin and splitting nails, which means I would def have to keep it for her for the time being.

Any opinions or your own experiences would be great to hear!!

I think if your Bio has been letting you down, it is time to embrace the shellac/brisa lite revolution!!!!

Technology and products develop and improve with time and you have to stay on top with the best products you can that are not letting you down!!! Your business depends on it. Your clients value your opinion and should trust you to offer what is best. I wouldn't hesitate if I was you as Shellac has already proved itself with you and your clients!!!

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Cheryl Sait-Parkinson

Thank you, I think maybe I will phase brisa lite in then phase BioSculpture out as people switch. Am I right in thinking you need to go on a course to buy brisa lite?
I really need to open an s2 account, all my cretic area are in my loft apart from my BioSculpture one. Ellisons were fine with this as proof of qualification but I'm not sure if sweet squared will be?

Thank you, I think maybe I will phase brisa lite in then phase BioSculpture out as people switch. Am I right in thinking you need to go on a course to buy brisa lite?
I really need to open an s2 account, all my cretic area are in my loft apart from my BioSculpture one. Ellisons were fine with this as proof of qualification but I'm not sure if sweet squared will be?

Sweet Squared will be satisfied with your Bio Certificate and you will not need to do a specific class with Brisa Lite if you have your Bio Cert. I still would do it because that is me .. I like to know all before I use something but we honour your Bio training and that will be sufficient. :hug: Should be very easy to do over the phone and no need to grovel around in the loft searching!! lol

Haha brilliant, I've just moved house and just don't have the space anymore, only happened to have my bio because I had it up in my home salon! Fab, I will be getting in contact with them! Feeling excited now!

I hate Bio, I use it at work.
Hate how it goes on, we don't have alot of colours because no one really goes for it.
I did a French earlier and just can't get a crisp white with that color, its too milky :/

Wish we had Brisa Lite!
I use it at home and it goes on lovely x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I hate Bio, I use it at work.
Hate how it goes on, we don't have alot of colours because no one really goes for it.
I did a French earlier and just can't get a crisp white with that color, its too milky :/

Wish we had Brisa Lite!
I use it at home and it goes on lovely x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I wouldn't say I hate it, I just used to really love it! If I hadn't have added shellac to be honest I probably wouldn't have a problem but comparing it to shellac is something else!! I used 1 French White and my French always comes out perfect, just doesn't last as long as shellac! Deffo will be looking into brisa lite :)

I am getting more & more frustrated with Bio Sculpture too. The day they drop the Sculpting Gel because it'll never be LED curable, then I'm out of there... I hate the clear gel now its LED curable. Its just not the same & it really doesnt seem as kind to the nails as it always was. (And yes, I am very very careful in removing gel & will rewrap until the last bit of gel is off, so that I don't damage nails, but nails are still drying out & clients are using oils regularly)... sigh

But I know there was a lot of huffing & puffing with loads of girls moaning that CND Shellac was doing the same to nails (drying them out) so how will I know if nails are any better ??

Time for me to not have all my eggs in one basket ? maybe so...

Latest posts

Back