Fibres in nail wipes driving me mad! Which to use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephynic

Reaction score
Hi all, why do the mundo 'lint free' naol wipes leave fibers in shellac! Drives me mad pickin them out of base coat........which do u all use for perfect results.....tried so many. I know the soft landings prob best but expensive?? Thanks geeks!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Oh yes, I know how you feel. I have used hospital grade disposable towel I had from work before, but I have also used the paper strips used for waxing, cut them up small, and it works a treat.

Hi all, why do the mundo 'lint free' naol wipes leave fibers in shellac! Drives me mad pickin them out of base coat........which do u all use for perfect results.....tried so many. I know the soft landings prob best but expensive?? Thanks geeks!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I have had the same problem. Even though some say lint free, I still get fibres come off them. It is annoying. I started using HandsDown. Very good :)

The new wipes from S2 are awesome --- from the same maker as the Soft Landings towels ... they are truly lint free and feel so nice in the hand ... can't stand paper ones myself.

Sounds good. I'm sure they will be lint free.

Urgh I get you it is so annoying my lint free wipes are NOT lint free in the slightest lol.. I bought a roll of kitchen towel (blue one that says lint free)on another geeks recommedation (think it was cloughers sorry if I got it wrong) so I will give that a go next time I do gelish xx

I use Nail Harmony hectagonal sponges - they're fab!!xx

I ordered a sample of the soft landings nail wipes and STILL got fibres :confused: I've just resigned myself to the fact that unless I use kitchen roll then I will have to scrape out lint :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I cut up Bounty paper towels. They are truly lint free. HTH! :)

I ordered a sample of the soft landings nail wipes and STILL got fibres :confused: I've just resigned myself to the fact that unless I use kitchen roll then I will have to scrape out lint :rolleyes:

If you got fibres they did not come off those soft landings towels ... They are completely lint free and I have never had a speck of anything using them! Guaranteed.

Last edited:
I use cut up paper wax strips, perfect!

I use the soft landings wipes & they are totally lint free, I love them. They are quite large, so I cut them up In to 4 squares :)

Ye I use mundo and get fibres in shellac :( it annoys me too. I had a look at soft landings but they are indeed expensive. Might try bounty towel idea lol.

I use the soft landings wipes & they are totally lint free, I love them. They are quite large, so I cut them up In to 4 squares :)
Me too ... And I dont find them expensive either. :biggrin:

Me too claire, though i think i scrubbed too much and thats how they appeared. Ive persevered and put a little less elbow grease in to scrub freshing (was a little over zealous me thinks) and bingo! No lint :)

Give them another whirl lovey! X x

When I received my free sample of Soft Landings, I too was disappointed as I found them to have the fibers in.

But, when I ordered the pack and started to use them I have found them to be perfectly lint free.

Strange but true.

When I received my free sample of Soft Landings, I too was disappointed as I found them to have the fibers in.

But, when I ordered the pack and started to use them I have found them to be perfectly lint free.

Strange but true.

Maybe that's why they were free?!

Well glad it wasn't just me because the fibres definitely came from them, as nothing else went near the nails ;)

But yes, could be that I scrubfresh too hard too. Might get some and give them a go and ease up on the scrubbing a little. Interesting as well that your samples were linty too Nicole but not when you bought a pack. I shall definitely get some more and give them a go. Thanks :hug:

How are u all protecting your own shellac with using these pads? I use the hands down plastic back ones but they are FULL of lint and it drives me mental. And I soak it right upto the edge and not just the middle so It's not just because they're dry it is because they are FULL of lint.

Are you guys wearing gloves or holding your pads between your knuckles or something? As mines peels Quickly when in contact with acetone.

How are u all protecting your own shellac with using these pads? I use the hands down plastic back ones but they are FULL of lint and it drives me mental. And I soak it right upto the edge and not just the middle so It's not just because they're dry it is because they are FULL of lint.

Are you guys wearing gloves or holding your pads between your knuckles or something? As mines peels Quickly when in contact with acetone.

A good question! I too use the hands down as I find they definately protect my own Shellac'd Nails. I have got into the habit of, after I've 'hand's down', I quickly swipe each finger with my right hand fingers to remove any odd fibres off their nails:) seems to work. (Client doesn't know what the heck I'm doing, but it's so quick and it works!).

Latest posts

Back