Finished foundation course, where to go from here?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajshard

Reaction score
I have just finished and passed my foundation course with OPI, I have learnt gel, acrylic and fibreglass, tips and sculpts. Whilst my models have all been really pleased with their nails and have been keeping them on for 10 days to 5 weeks I'm lacking confidence to start advertising and charging.

My trainer thinks I should go for it and I am ready, although a bit slow 2 hours ish for pink and whites or glitter tips, natural nails around 1 hr 30.

I have also just moved house and am in a new area so have no friends around now to practise on, I know if I dont practise I will loose my confidence further, but dont know what to do from here.

More training, advertise for models, advertise and just go for it?

Any advice greatly received
AJ x :hug:

The only way to get your time down is to do more sets, and as your times aren't at all shabby I think you should advertise and go for it. If it makes you feel better start with an opening offer but state when that will end...... That will give you some more practice, get some clients but also earn some money.

Do it!!

I think your times are very respectable and that you should GO FOR IT also! x

Go for it!! I wish I jumped straight in when I completed my foundation with Creative but I didn't because I didn't think I was good enough/thought my timings were too high etc...and it ended up with me thinking the time was never right to start.

No time like the present .............. Good luck :hug:

I agree, Go for it!!!

It's the only way you will learn.......Honestly if you wait, you will not get the practice you need and you'll loose confidence, I've seen it happen too many times.

I would suggest that you advertise as a newly qualified nail tech and offer a reduced rate as a result, then gradually put your prices up the better you get.

Good Luck :)

p.s please don't stop learning, you will benefit from one to one sessions and advanced courses throughout you career, and you will gain more confidence and clients x

Hi, I trained with Creative in 2002 but kept my day job and did nails 'on the side'. Many years and two children later I decided to leave my job and concentrate on nails full time so last summer I did a few conversion courses with Creative to get back into things, enrolled at college to do my level 3 nail services (have to say I mainly did this to get my confidence up as it allows you to work on the public in college), I worked mobile for a little while but didn't really enjoy this and didn't get many clients, so I now rent space in a shop. I was quite worried at first about my timings and whether I was good enough but I have to say its the best thing I could have done and Ive got so much more confidence. Im also now working towards my Masters with CND. Loving my career and so glad I went for it.....If you dont try it you'll never know and at the end of the day whats the worse that could happen. Go for it!!!!!

Lauren

Hi, I trained with Creative in 2002 but kept my day job and did nails 'on the side'. Many years and two children later I decided to leave my job and concentrate on nails full time so last summer I did a few conversion courses with Creative to get back into things, enrolled at college to do my level 3 nail services (have to say I mainly did this to get my confidence up as it allows you to work on the public in college), I worked mobile for a little while but didn't really enjoy this and didn't get many clients, so I now rent space in a shop. I was quite worried at first about my timings and whether I was good enough but I have to say its the best thing I could have done and Ive got so much more confidence. Im also now working towards my Masters with CND. Loving my career and so glad I went for it.....If you dont try it you'll never know and at the end of the day whats the worse that could happen. Go for it!!!!!

Lauren

That's great about working towards your masters, it's amazing how many things I learned and things had forgotten when I did mine with CND. It brought me to where I am today.

Good luck :hug:

There is never a good time to jump in and the longer you leave it the worse it gets. Your timings are fine, when I started, I was a lot slower then you.
Apart from anything else, it's a great way to meet people and find out what's going on in your area.

hmmm, as you stand teetering on that cliff , what are your options? stay where you are. move away from the cliff, or are you going to jump and see if that parachute opens?

confidence does not happen overnight, it takes time and whilst you are standing on the edge of that cliff your confidence is never going to increase. Jump I say. whats the worst that could happen??????

Tigi

PS

I am sure that if you advertise you'll be flooded with models. go for it girlie!

your time is spot on! You just got done with school!!!! You are fine go for it!:hug:

Thankyou ladies, well im going for it :)

Have this morning applied for a self employed desk rental 2 days a week (getting a call back tomorrow) and have spent the morning sorting out my mobile business, got lots to do still but am full of enthusiasm and excitement.

Fingers crossed, hope to be posting some good news soon

AJ x

Latest posts

Back